First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
That's an awesome radar array, thanks for posting this. Interesting to note the horizontal asymmetry for it being mounted on the drivers side. I would love to talk to the ONE engineer on the planet who created/tested the calibration software service procedure for this. I can imagine it maps items/cars along the road and correlates/calibrates it with the vision system's interpretation of the lane markings. It's very impressive that we've come this far with the hardware technology yet still only have Level2 vehicle autonomy :(.
Sponsored

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
That's an awesome radar array, thanks for posting this. Interesting to note the horizontal asymmetry for it being mounted on the drivers side. I would love to talk to the ONE engineer on the planet who created/tested the calibration software service procedure for this. I can imagine it maps items/cars along the road and correlates/calibrates it with the vision system's interpretation of the lane markings. It's very impressive that we've come this far with the hardware technology yet still only have Level2 vehicle autonomy :(.
Eh. Level 2.5 with a water bottle in the steering wheel 🥲. It’s super interesting looking at it. It just sucks how easy it is for water to get inside of it.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
Another sensor invaded by water. The sensor still works. I get the “sensor blocked” warning after driving for a few minutes. If I pull over stop and start the truck, then engage the ACC it works fine for the rest of the drive. I think it’s still salvageable. I’m going to clean it up with some IPA and then silicone it closed and run some dielectric grease in the connector. For all you current and future users!!! I’d recommend a bit of schmoo in the connector at least
IMG_5070.jpeg
So I was able to fix it. I let it sit out in the sun to dry off. Rinsed it with rubbing alcohol and let it drain out the vent holes where the connection port is. I then ran a bead of silicone around on the top side of this unit (the lid?) and put it back together and let it sit in clamps overnight. It needs to be recalibrated but on a 20mi highway drive to work all is well. I think I got to it soon enough (1 week) so not too much corrosion set in. And maybe not enough water was in there to cause terrible damage.

Fxnitro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150-Lightning
Yea, that looks correct. Remember polarity on the CAN pins also matters.
1708128533353.png
My CCM won’t show up even after making the changes to the IPMA to power it… I believe I have a polarity issue, my question is the 4 wires coming from CCM, how should they be inserted into the IPMA, I connected them randomly into the 4 slots available which I numbered on my picture

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_4929

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_4933

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_4939

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
My CCM won’t show up even after making the changes to the IPMA to power it… I believe I have a polarity issue, my question is the 4 wires coming from CCM, how should they be inserted into the IPMA, I connected them randomly into the 4 slots available which I numbered on my picture

IMG_4929.jpeg

IMG_4933.jpeg

IMG_4939.jpeg
From the way you labeled your IPMA connector pins:
#1 (which is actually IPMA pin 20) goes to CCM pin 3 (CAN+ signal)
#2 (which is actually IPMA pin 19) goes to CCM pin 2 (CAN- signal)
#3 (which is actually IPMA pin 18) goes to CCM pin 1 (sensor power)
#4 (which is actually IPMA pin 9) goes to CCM pin 4 (sensor ground)

Sponsored

OIF_VETERAN04

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Regular Cab XLT
Hello,
Can this be done if you don't have the 12" digital cluster? I have the 8" cluster.

OIF_VETERAN04

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm completely confused on this missing wire issue. Can you just run the missing wires from the bumper harness to the IPMA?
Also does the bumper connector and the IMPA use the same size pins?

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm completely confused on this missing wire issue. Can you just run the missing wires from the bumper harness to the IPMA?
Also does the bumper connector and the IMPA use the same size pins?
Yes, you can bypass any existing wires in your truck and run all new straight from the CCM to the IMPA. Or any connector between.

No, All connectors/pins in this mod are different.

OIF_VETERAN04

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, you can bypass any existing wires in your truck and run all new straight from the CCM to the IMPA. Or any connector between.

No, All connectors/pins in this mod are different.

What size or part number are the IPMA pins?
Sponsored