• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Awesome! How did you make out with your battery?
I bought a brand new battery. It must have had a bad cell because the battery percentage wouldnt charge above 68%. Dropped a brand new battery in and all my problems are gone. Bluecruise works great! Thanks for all your help
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I accidently tried to apply the CCM update with the Nano. It was part of a chained update. I accidently clicked to proceed and the stream of profanity from my mouth did nothing to stop the process...

So now my CCM is purple, the Nano can't actually apply the update (as documented in this thread), and PMI didn't work.

Any suggestions get the module back to stock. Not trying to get CCM updated with the Nano, just working?
No unfortunately all of our luck with the Nano ran out with the CCM update. It was a good run but if you want to do the CCM yourself you will at the very least have to use the mongoose cable

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Any suggestions get the module back to stock. Not trying to get CCM updated with the Nano, just working?
You'll either need the dealer to fix it or find someone with a cable willing to help you out.

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I was talking with the Ford OTA group today questioning the OTA system and it’s operability. Long story short is they are supposed to release the update to fix the 1.7.1 problem by the end of the month. They did not say though if this would be another OTA fix or if it would be a dealer fix.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds semi-promising and I needed to hear this. My patience is wearing thin but I’m not willing or able to devote the time and money required to update via FDRS (but I tip my hat to you guys who do tackle this and then share your valuable knowledge). How did you contact Ford OTA group?

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I bought a brand new battery. It must have had a bad cell because the battery percentage wouldnt charge above 68%. Dropped a brand new battery in and all my problems are gone. Bluecruise works great! Thanks for all your help
I hope a battery change for me will fix some of the issues I am facing too, especially the "error state" failure with the IPC and GWM modules. Dealer thinks my batter is bad too and will be looking to replace it Tuesday. Hopefully they have one for me, not sure if 3.5/5.0/3.0 etc all have diff batteries.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Where in Texas are you located ?
I was going to ask the same thing.
There's a few of us on the thread and you got north. :)
I'm coastal south.
I know there's an H-towner or 2
I'm guessing we got someone San Antonio/Austin area?

Anyways, yea, where's the purple CCM at?

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
No unfortunately all of our luck with the Nano ran out with the CCM update. It was a good run but if you want to do the CCM yourself you will at the very least have to use the mongoose cable
You'll either need the dealer to fix it or find someone with a cable willing to help you out.
Well, nuts. I knew the Nano would not update the CCM. I didn't realize the Nano would brick the CCM.

Anyone around Austin with a Mongoose willing to help out?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well, nuts. I knew the Nano would not update the CCM. I didn't realize the Nano would brick the CCM.

Anyone around Austin with a Mongoose willing to help out?
You can ship it to me I can handle it and ship it back.. its a day shippping since im in dallas, my bench I added the CCM for programming

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
So I have been digging into what has caused this stupid 1.7.1 OTA screw up and I believe I may have figured out the issue. I believe this is an issue from the 1.6 OTA update where the GWM update gets corrupted during install and some lines of code are missing. Now there is enough there to get the truck thinking the 1.6 OTA software update is good and it starts looking for the next OTA 1.7.1 OTA but it locks up after this and puts us all into OTA purgatory. What's led me to this is that after reading everything here and looking through some TSB's, I decided to take my truck into the dealer today and they were able to get me in right away. I mentioned to the Service Manager the issues with my 1.7.1 OTA not working and its stuck. I seen in some TSB's that the GWM needs to be updated first then the APIM. Now I told my Dealer this beforehand. They attempted to update my truck to 1.7.1 and it did not take. My Dealer said they put the 1.7.1 APIM update USB in but it would error out. So I took my truck home and tonight pulled it up on FORScan. I have a DTC related to the GWM U2403 92 and this has something to do with no communication ethernet to the IPC. So I started to look at my GWM 716 Module and all lines in FORScan. I pulled up my Ford As Built info from the Ford site and between looking at FORScan and the Ford AS Built I am missing 8 lines. All of block 716-54-01 to 716-54-08 is missing in FORScan yet it shows I should have it from my Ford As Built. My original Ford As Built from when the truck was new had lines to 716-48-01. So that leads me to believe that update 1.6 OTA was supposed to add lines 716-49-01 to 716-54-08. Now this may have corrupted for a bunch of us SYNC 4 Job 1 F150's by not installing completely. What also has me thinking its the GWM is that for some of you I have read that have had their APIM changed out and is updated to 1.7.1, still can't get any OTA's even with an updated APIM. Also some of you using FDRS and doing various updates have also been stuck on the APIM update USB having to stay in for weeks sometimes before it catches. Did some of you FDRS guys do a GWM update in between and then this all worked and the 15 -17 other module updates suddenly show up and the APIM update finally worked? So to all of you out there that are still stuck in the System Updates with greyed out enabling Automatic Updates, Notifications, and Update Details that keep showing you are updated but your stuck trying to update to 1.7.1 would you check your FORScan, go to Module 716 and see if your missing the 754-54-01 to 754-54-08 blocks. Maybe there is a simple USB fix and a Call to Ford OTA we can make to ask them to uncorrupt our bad GWM's sending up the wrong info to the mothership that's preventing us from getting future OTA's. This then would maybe get our GWM working proper and get our OTA's working properly again without having to do a Mongoose Plus and Multiple FDRS 2 day licenses at a tune of $1000 out of pocket and updates this way forever at an out of pocket cost to all of us.
I think you're on to something. My Job1 truck hasn't received any updates and I have two DTC's - U023A:87-08 (Lost communication with Image Processing Module A) and U2404:92-48 (Ethernet Failure with Image Processing Module A).
Here's what I see in Forscan:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1647698033924

Here's my AsBuilt from Ford:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1647698084735

Edit: what's also strange is that there wasn't a SW Update for the GWM in FDRS:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1647698300925

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think you're on to something. My Job1 truck hasn't received any updates and I have two DTC's - U023A:87-08 (Lost communication with Image Processing Module A) and U2404:92-48 (Ethernet Failure with Image Processing Module A).
Here's what I see in Forscan:
1647698033924.png

Here's my AsBuilt from Ford:
1647698084735.png
The PMI of the gateway fixed it for platinum

the issue is the gateway reads the original config and had modified data when you look at the logs you can see the before and after and sometimes it fails towrite the after.

if you run a PMI or try a configuration it may correct the as build issue and DTCs..

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
Just a quick sanity check. Are these IPMA DTC's the expected outcome on failed CCM updates with the nano?
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_1180.JPG

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Started around 9:30 (Eastern), currently on the status monitor camera update. The PCM, PSCM, and CCM are already updated. I think the only other one that was in the list when this set kicked off was the IPMA. I'm assuming I'll have at least one update pop up after this set completes.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just a quick sanity check. Are these IPMA DTC's the expected outcome on failed CCM updates with the nano?
IMG_1180.JPG
Yes. those are both related to not talking to the CCM
Sponsored