F150 Lightning FORscan thread

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
even if I could trick the truck in thinking that a passenger is onboard?
Throw a backpack full of bricks in the passenger seat. Also helps prevent the constant switch back to "driver focused" HVAC. I want to lie to the truck too that there's a passenger as I tend to drive often with just me and the kids. I almost never want the AC/heat to be driver focused, but if my wife isn't with us, I have to go through that menu.
Sponsored

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My 23 PRO has no options, no tow tech or max tow, and I have zone lighting.
Was that before Forscan changes?

Might be a discreet model year change.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I have a 23 Pro with Max Tow and Pro Power, but no tow tech. Somehow I do have Zone Lighting (truck came stock with it). I assume I'm good to install bed lights, we'll see...

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
According to the 2022 Order Guide and 2022 Packaging Guide, Zone Lighting is not associated with any tow packages. The Packaging Guide shows ZL standard across all trims. The Order Guide shows it appearing as standard starting with XLT high as part of bed lighting. I think that just means bed lights also appear in Zone Lighting app?
Adding running boards adds those to Zone Lighting.

Did not look at 2023 guides.

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
I have a 23 Pro ER Max Tow and the bed lights did not work after installation and activation with forscan. I used the values in the dedicated thread for the bed light mod. Tomorrow I will double check and make sure all of the values for zone lightning from page 42 are set (even though I had zone lighting enabled from factory)

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
I was able to add/activate the following on my 23 Pro yesterday using OP original post. Thanks @vandy1981

Global window open/close using keyfob:
Glare-free (matrix) headlights
DRL/Lightbar Brightness Adjustment

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I was able to add/activate the following on my 23 Pro yesterday using OP original post. Thanks @vandy1981

Global window open/close using keyfob:
Glare-free (matrix) headlights
DRL/Lightbar Brightness Adjustment
For the Global Windows, it only includes the front windows correct?

And on the DRL brightness, are you able to notice a difference. This one has been around a while, but I've not seen it truly make a difference in the light bar, mine was the same before and after.

I would need others to weigh in here as well, but we now know that the Light bar is actually powered half from each headlight LDCM module. There is a forscan setting that must be adjusted to even turn that power on to the light bar (see threads for Pro owners that have added the light bar). The module supplies the 36 volt or it doesn't. Nothing else indicates a further change that you can make to make it brighter. If we found there were additional settings that added more power to the light bar then we might be able to make it brighter.

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
For the Global Windows, it only includes the front windows correct?

And on the DRL brightness, are you able to notice a difference. This one has been around a while, but I've not seen it truly make a difference in the light bar, mine was the same before and after.

I would need others to weigh in here as well, but we now know that the Light bar is actually powered half from each headlight LDCM module. There is a forscan setting that must be adjusted to even turn that power on to the light bar (see threads for Pro owners that have added the light bar). The module supplies the 36 volt or it doesn't. Nothing else indicates a further change that you can make to make it brighter. If we found there were additional settings that added more power to the light bar then we might be able to make it brighter.
Yes front windows only.

I couldn't test the day time brightness of the light bar till this morning. It looks like its off to me now, I input the value for 100%. It's still functioning with the headlights on at night. My truck had all 0's in this line, BCM 726-42-01 , I input the 2's where noted. And changed to 64 in this line 726-38-01, my truck showed 0A, 10% brightness.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
I have a 23 Pro ER Max Tow and the bed lights did not work after installation and activation with forscan. I used the values in the dedicated thread for the bed light mod. Tomorrow I will double check and make sure all of the values for zone lightning from page 42 are set (even though I had zone lighting enabled from factory)
Confirmed not working.
I found another thread where they activated zone lighting on a Lightning without it. Checked all those values as well and found a single value that was different. Changing it made no difference, zone lightning not working. Looking for as built data of another truck that has it so I can compare. If anybody has a 23 pro that was able to enable the bed lights send me a PM with your VIN please, so I can compare as built data. Thanks

GoldBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Broker
If I made a slew of changes to my truck over a year ago. Cameras being on at speed, glare free, global windows, double honk, seat belt chime,door chime...

Now i want to undo a few of those things. One being cameras on at speed, I have the issue of the front camera with tire tracks being displayed at every startup and shift from R to D.

Do my backup files that I made just get loaded in and everything is good to go? There wont be any issues with OTA updates that may have affected any of those settings since I made changes that I need to worry about? I've never undone any forscan changes after long time use while having OTA updates.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If I made a slew of changes to my truck over a year ago. Cameras being on at speed, glare free, global windows, double honk, seat belt chime,door chime...

Now i want to undo a few of those things. One being cameras on at speed, I have the issue of the front camera with tire tracks being displayed at every startup and shift from R to D.

Do my backup files that I made just get loaded in and everything is good to go? There wont be any issues with OTA updates that may have affected any of those settings since I made changes that I need to worry about? I've never undone any forscan changes after long time use while having OTA updates.
Folks with more experience than I will weigh in, but after a year, you likely do NOT want to use those backup files to restore. SW updates and changes have added additional options to those files. If you restore a backup from a year ago you may lose newer options.

I say this is a dangerous move.

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Add me to the list of folks loving the tow camera tweaks.
It’s super useful to see down the side when making a turn with the indicator on, and when driving with the trailer, we’ve erased that “full view not available” warning too.

Why on earth isn’t the signal camera a standard feature?!
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_5755
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread IMG_5758
Sponsored