• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford charge station pro coupon required after April 3rd, 2024

CyclopsThere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
Good luck. Just judging by what they sold you on, their play will be to sit you in the hot seat for 15-30 mins at a time, go back and forth with "let me talk to my manager" and ultimately come back with "we are trying to process this but it's not going through. sorry but we're powerless here". This sales/dealership/warranty hardsell model needs to die a swift death. RickLightning is spot on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Machinist Technician
Good luck. Just judging by what they sold you on, their play will be to sit you in the hot seat for 15-30 mins at a time, go back and forth with "let me talk to my manager" and ultimately come back with "we are trying to process this but it's not going through. sorry but we're powerless here". This sales/dealership/warranty hardsell model needs to die a swift death. RickLightning is spot on.
I really just wish there were good honest people out there. The forum page is awesome because we don't get anything out of helping people other than satisfaction of sharing our experiences and hopefully helping others in the process. I wish I could cancel over the phone but they will probably force me into the dealer and also run me through all the hoops..

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
This whole thread makes me want to start a professional car buying service. For like $500, I get your Power of Attorney to sign the paper work and go in with your max price, desired warranty, and then negotiate the best deal and refuse all their BS for you. Every time they "have to go back to their manager" I'll "have to go back to my client". After a couple times they'll stop even trying.

Just need to get a local expert in each major city for each make and model of car. Likely a good side gig for someone who likes to argue.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
This whole thread makes me want to start a professional car buying service. For like $500, I get your Power of Attorney to sign the paper work and go in with your max price, desired warranty, and then negotiate the best deal and refuse all their BS for you. Every time they "have to go back to their manager" I'll "have to go back to my client". After a couple times they'll stop even trying.

Just need to get a local expert in each major city for each make and model of car. Likely a good side gig for someone who likes to argue.
Honestly, would have been good. I went in there because I wasn't happy with my 2016 f150 with all the nuances been dealing with, so that was a bad idea to even consider new out the gate. Then going EV with little to no research before my arrival. Yeah, would have been nice. I've only bought one new vehicle before and I had it 5 years with no issues and I didn't buy any warranties then lol it was just a subaru though, not an 80k new technology truck 😅

Sponsored

CyclopsThere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT

I'd pay $1000 for this service without blinking. I hate hate hate the traditional carbuying experience.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner

I’m in!!!
I love to stick it to the man😂🤣😂

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Honestly, would have been good. I went in there because I wasn't happy with my 2016 f150 with all the nuances been dealing with, so that was a bad idea to even consider new out the gate. Then going EV with little to no research before my arrival. Yeah, would have been nice. I've only bought one new vehicle before and I had it 5 years with no issues and I didn't buy any warranties then lol it was just a subaru though, not an 80k new technology truck 😅
I understand your dilemma I thought about it and went back-and-forth about buying the extended warranty, but eventually decided that it was not worth it for me. Fingers crossed!!! But they really took you to the cleaners and that is just completely wrong!! I’m not sure all of those warrantees would even apply to an EV. Stand your ground and make them refund it all whether by check or taking it off the note. That could help you pay for the install your FCSP or other charger at home and/or make a sh!t load of car payments!
Good luck!!

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
I understand your dilemma I thought about it and went back-and-forth about buying the extended warranty, but eventually decided that it was not worth it for me. Fingers crossed!!! But they really took you to the cleaners and that is just completely wrong!! I’m not sure all of those warrantees would even apply to an EV. Stand your ground and make them refund it all whether by check or taking it off the note. That could help you pay for the install your FCSP or other charger at home and/or make a sh!t load of car payments!

Here now, wish me luck!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I really just wish there were good honest people out there. The forum page is awesome because we don't get anything out of helping people other than satisfaction of sharing our experiences and hopefully helping others in the process. I wish I could cancel over the phone but they will probably force me into the dealer and also run me through all the hoops..
I'm not defending the dealers, but these products are designed to be sold at a price that the market will bear. Unfortunately, too many customers are uninformed, and the hype and high pressure work well. Is it not honest to sell a product for as much as a consumer is willing to pay for it?

Good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
I'm not defending the dealers, but these products are designed to be sold at a price that the market will bear. Unfortunately, too many customers are uninformed, and the hype and high pressure work well. Is it not honest to sell a product for as much as a consumer is willing to pay for it?

Good luck!
Yeah, it makes what you're saying. It doesn't help this dealer is close to DC so everything is inflated in price. Lots of different factors 😞

So about 15 minutes, I got the top 3 warranties canceled. The wouldn't cancel the last one because they said the exterior was already applied at purchase date but I told them my concerns and they will be mailing me a check for 500 bucks, so I get a little discount on that last one.

Now, I gotta get that granger extended warranty!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, it makes what you're saying. It doesn't help this dealer is close to DC so everything is inflated in price. Lots of different factors 😞

So about 15 minutes, I got the top 3 warranties canceled. The wouldn't cancel the last one because they said the exterior was already applied at purchase date but I told them my concerns and they will be mailing me a check for 500 bucks, so I get a little discount on that last one.

Now, I gotta get that granger extended warranty!
The last one is the highest profit margin by far.

CyclopsThere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT

Good luck!
It's an absolutely fair point. Free market and all.

With products with "fuzzy" prices such as most dealership cars, warranties, enterprise software, etc., as opposed to fixed price commodities, there's a bit of a game involved. If you don't know you're playing a game, then you're the sucker sitting with sharks at the poker table. The sharks love it. It's a bit sleazy and unethical unless you're playing the game with rich people who can afford some slush around every corner. Most folks, even those buying a pricey truck like this, can't (or shouldn't, given their income).

Every time I sit at the "deal table" at a car dealer I try to play the game as simply as possible - "what is the best price you can offer me that's fair for everyone, and if that price is above a budget number I'm not going to disclose to you, then I say thank you very much and stand up and take my business elsewhere?" And in almost every case they continue to try to squeeze. If I hadn't been around the block a few times I'd cave at some point. I have good friends in sales who tell me "well just tell me your budget and it would make things smoother", to which my reply is "well just tell me your product cost and it would make things smoother".

I would love to hear from a dealership salesperson on how they feel. Especially a dealership warranty salesperson-- they have used the sleaziest tactics with me, historically, across ~10 or so car purchases.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup, Lol
Oh well, it's done, didn't take that long and I felt better 😀
There aren't many worthwhile lessons in life that have zero cost...

Many in your shoes would have said "oh well" vs getting back 2/3 of the money.
Sponsored