• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford charge station pro coupon required after April 3rd, 2024

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Sounds like worst case with you. You didn't have time to do your own diligent research prior to pulling the trigger on purchase, and your salesperson wasn't very knowledgeable about the home charge install landscape-- if they recommended sunRun any time in the last 2-3 months they're behind the 8-ball.

1600 for a bidirectional home charger install (assuming you stick with the ford solution) is in my opinion a STEAL. IN comparison, I bought the XLT so no chargeStation thrown in. I had electricians install a Nema port instead, and I was all in through qMerit for 1100, and happy about it. Then I had the same electricians install a generator port and generac which will end me up probably in the 4k range. So what I paid ~5k for, you'd be getting for ~1500, if that makes that hit feel less bad. I weighed my options with the ford-specific solution against the likelihood that I'll be using other tech down the line, so paid out of pocket up front on it in comparison.

If you'd given yourself time to research this all out (and maybe not had to deal with such an unknowledgeable salesperson) I think this specific bit would be less of a shock to you. Hope that's a bit helpful
$1,600 won't be bidirectional...

I definitely appreciate this comment. Makes me feel less silly about everything. I mean, I'll probably end up having it installed because I don't want to be without and the home electricity price is the whole coats savings either these EVs nowadays. Out and about? It's not really all that great. I've checked into the electrified America rates for charging since Ford gave like 25p for free and it's not even 2 full charges worth lol the price was pretty expensive too without the free charging hours. Ony really makes sense when charging at home.
I strongly recommend you spend some time reading the forum and learning. Don't learn one thing and then assume you have it all figured out.

250kWh free is to learn how to DC Fast charge. Period. On a trip where you go from 20% to 80%, that is 3 charges.

Many of us have driven tens of thousands of trip miles. We just drove 5,300 miles from Michigan to CA and back. Fact - if you include leaving home with a full charge at your home rates, and find hotels with free charging, many trips will be cheaper than a gas F-150. If you only look at DC fast charging rates, it is comparable. And that EA rate you looked up varies by state, and within state, and you can pay $7 for a month of 25% discounted charging. Sure, in some states it is 64 cents per kWh before discount. But in other states it is 28 cents a minute, which works out to 12 cents or so per kWh, which is cheaper than most people's home charging.

Tesla Superchargers may also be cheaper, especially with their monthly plan.

But if you bought this truck to just save money on gas, you missed the boat. Get out on the highway, and press the pedal. 10 seconds later, look in the mirror at the idiot grinning back at you
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Machinist Technician
$1,600 won't be bidirectional...

I strongly recommend you spend some time reading the forum and learning. Don't learn one thing and then assume you have it all figured out.

250kWh free is to learn how to DC Fast charge. Period. On a trip where you go from 20% to 80%, that is 3 charges.

Many of us have driven tens of thousands of trip miles. We just drove 5,300 miles from Michigan to CA and back. Fact - if you include leaving home with a full charge at your home rates, and find hotels with free charging, many trips will be cheaper than a gas F-150. If you only look at DC fast charging rates, it is comparable. And that EA rate you looked up varies by state, and within state, and you can pay $7 for a month of 25% discounted charging. SSure, in some states it is 64 ce to per kWh before discount. But in other states it is 28 cents a minute, which works out to 12 cents or so per kWh, which is cheaper than most people's home charging.

Tesla Superchargers may also be cheaper, especially with their monthly plan.

But if you bought this truck to just save money on gas, you missed the boat. Get out on the highway, and press the pedal. 10 seconds later, look in the mirror at the idiot grinning back at you
One of the reasons I joined the forum is because I loved all of the information on here, which I have read many pieces. Yes, what you're saying is good information and I appreciate it.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
Hey everyone, I contacted the ford dealer about those warranties. I got the details and yeah, I was taken for a ride (my fault for not being prepared which is definitely out of character for me lol) but, sounds like you all saved the day. I got the info here and wanted to get get input before I go and cancel everything. I'll attach the screenshots i took from the ford granger page i went on for both monthly and 18mo financing charts. I appreciate any advice!
The warranties I have:
1. Ext. Warranty 8yr/100k 0 deductible $6655
2.premium maint. 8yr/100k deductible $3485
3.tires/rims/dents/dings/windshield 5yr/no mileage $3134
4.interior/exterior spills, all that stuff 7yr/no mileage $1995

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford charge station pro coupon required after April 3rd, 2024 1000002935
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford charge station pro coupon required after April 3rd, 2024 1000002934

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I purchased an ESP through Granger. 8yr/100,000 mile $100 deductible. I chose 8yr/100,000 because that is the length of Ford coverage on battery. Figure that way I have protection on the whole truck the same length as the most expensive part.

Personally I would drop all the other warranties...the premium maintenance is pretty hilarious...wonder what that even covers.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
I purchased an ESP through Granger. 8yr/100,000 mile $100 deductible. I chose 8yr/100,000 because that is the length of Ford coverage on battery. Figure that way I have protection on the whole truck the same length as the most expensive part.

Personally I would drop all the other warranties...the premium maintenance is pretty hilarious...wonder what that even covers.
I have an appointment tomorrow after work to go in and cancel everything. In your experience, did the Granger policy require you to get an inspection? I only have 370 miles on the truck currently. Will be about 450 miles after I visit the dealer and get back to the house.

Sponsored

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I have an appointment tomorrow after work to go in and cancel everything. In your experience, did the Granger policy require you to get an inspection? I only have 370 miles on the truck currently. Will be about 450 miles after I visit the dealer and get back to the house.
No. I had 700 or so miles on the truck when I purchased the ESP from Granger.

In unrelated news...I have a piece of property for sale in Brooklynn, NY...it spans the East River if you're interested...🙂

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
No. I had 700 or so miles on the truck when I purchased the ESP from Granger.

In unrelated news...I have a piece of property for sale in Brooklynn, NY...it spans the East River if you're interested...🙂
Is the correct ford lightning esp for the battery the premium care?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford charge station pro coupon required after April 3rd, 2024 1000002944

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
ESP doesn't cover the battery. New Lightning comes standard with the 8 yr/100,000 mile warranty on the BATTERY.
So basically just match the battery at 8 years/100k and that way all stuffs covered. Cool! Easy and cheaper. Wish I found this page last month lol

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Read the maintenance schedule. See what they were charging you $3,500 for. They went out to Morton's when you left. They screwed you.

Now, they are having you come in to try and salvage something. Cancel over phone.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
Read the maintenance schedule. See what they were charging you $3,500 for. They went out to Morton's when you left. They screwed you.

Now, they are having you come in to try and salvage something. Cancel over phone.
Yup, and I let them lol I mean, there is piece of mind with warranties but yeah, I pretty much didn't resist with anything, I went along with all of it because the vehicle is 80k, super nice, not an ice! But after hearing all of this, I'm just bummed 😞 hopefully, I can have all that removed from the back end principle to save some money!

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician

He said he's going to talk to their director before he has me come in and sign cancellation papers. I'd rather not come in so I don't embarrass myself anymore lol they probably will cheer when they see me

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I can have all that removed from the back end principle to save some money!
It would be a cash refund to you [check] that you could make an advance payment against the loan package.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
It would be a cash refund to you [check] that you could make an advance payment against the loan package.
If it's cash, that Would be even better! We will see what it is after work! Wish me luck everyone!
Sponsored