• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford charge station pro coupon required after April 3rd, 2024

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Machinist Technician
There aren't many worthwhile lessons in life that have zero cost...

Many in your shoes would have said "oh well" vs getting back 2/3 of the money.
I usually learn the hard way but hey, it's definitely a good lesson and I'm thankful for the experience! Plus, found some good people on here through it!!

Im just thinking about the granger warranty now and which option I want to get. I don't anticipate my mileage going over 50k in the next 5 years. It's possible an upgrade could be in the next 5 years if the tech or battery efficiency gets better 🤔 hmm decisions decisions lol I can be very indecisive! Any of you guys opt out of the warranties and have bad experiences or costly repairs?! I heard of the module going wrong and being quite expensive to repair outside of warranty.
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I usually learn the hard way but hey, it's definitely a good lesson and I'm thankful for the experience! Plus, found some good people on here through it!!

Im just thinking about the granger warranty now and which option I want to get. I don't anticipate my mileage going over 50k in the next 5 years. It's possible an upgrade could be in the next 5 years if the tech or battery efficiency gets better 🤔 hmm decisions decisions lol I can be very indecisive! Any of you guys opt out of the warranties and have bad experiences or costly repairs?! I heard of the module going wrong and being quite expensive to repair outside of warranty.
FWIW I work from home, and was barely putting 7k miles/yr on my previous car. I've already cleared 10k miles in 7 months, I just love driving this thing and make any excuse to go somewhere. I think you'll put on more miles than you realize.

A replacement taillight in this truck is $2,000 from the parts counter, that is not a typo. They packed sensors in to the god damned tail light. Too many things about this truck are over engineered and currently silly expensive for us. IMO this justifies the warranty to at least match the battery. Hopefully by then we'll have 3rd party and junkyard options for parts.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The truck has many modules. Few have had a truck for more than 36,000 miles, and I will bet that almost no one has had a major failure outside warranty.

It is insurance. Can you afford the loss?

Also, you don't need to buy it until just before 41 months / 41,000 miles. Cost goes up $100 at 12/12,000, and of course prices could go up regardless, and you have 8 year / 100,000 miles on battery and relates components.

I never buy them. I am not you.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
The truck has many modules. Few have had a truck for more than 36,000 miles, and I will bet that almost no one has had a major failure outside warranty.

It is insurance. Can you afford the loss?

Also, you don't need to buy it until just before 41 months / 41,000 miles. Cost goes up $100 at 12/12,000, and of course prices could go up regardless, and you have 8 year / 100,000 miles on battery and relates components.

I never buy them. I am not you.
Awesome info there, Rick! I don't know what I was thinking getting them on this truck lol 😅 I got got by that salesman lol

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Awesome info there, Rick! I don't know what I was thinking getting them on this truck lol 😅 I got got by that salesman lol
Sales guys are honestly master manipulators. They sell you a truck by telling you how great it is, then sell you a warranty by telling you how much a mistake you're making. And their tactics are so good we never walk away from the truck after listening to what a ticking time bomb it is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
Sales guys are honestly master manipulators. They sell you a truck by telling you how great it is, then sell you a warranty by telling you how much a mistake you're making. And their tactics are so good we never walk away from the truck after listening to what a ticking time bomb it is.
I loved the truck. They didn't even need to sell me on that part lol just bringing it up for me to check out I was like I want it. I'm disappointed in myself cause I didn't even ask the price, I was like I want it. Worst tactic 😆 should have spend that 500 on that offer from the other guy lol would have saved me so much money 💰 🤣

The finance guy got me cause his warranties benefited him. It was an easy going atmosphere and he had real world savings and I wanted peace of mind and I bought into his portion lol and when looking at everything over the full fiance term, didn't argue or negotiate anything! And on top of that, had no research into what other warranties were out there cause we'll, I never get warranties! But hey, learning lessons from my experience for others when they look back and read this 🤣

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
So you got about 13k back? If so, this makes me happy. I really appreciate everyone on this forum even when I don’t agree with them it is nice to get different perspectives and everybody is pretty respectful so far!(hopefully I didn’t just open a can of worms)LOL
We all probably make mistakes when there are things we just want! Don’t feel bad, just consider it a lesson learned and hopefully you’ll be more informed the next time you are in that situation.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
So you got about 13k back? If so, this makes me happy. I really appreciate everyone on this forum even when I don’t agree with them it is nice to get different perspectives and everybody is pretty respectful so far!(hopefully I didn’t just open a can of worms)LOL
We all probably make mistakes when there are things we just want! Don’t feel bad, just consider it a lesson learned and hopefully you’ll be more informed the next time you are in that situation.
Heck yeah, this is my new favorite page lol I look forward to hearing from all of you guys! Sometimes it's the hard truth but hey, it's all good 👍 I can admit my faults and I'm willing to listen and learn to.

P.s. update on my coupon code. I'm still waiting for it lol I technically got it today but I went to use it and it was invalid 🤣🤣 So, back to waiting again. Sunday will be one month with the new truck and no level 2 charger yet!

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Heck yeah, this is my new favorite page lol I look forward to hearing from all of you guys! Sometimes it's the hard truth but hey, it's all good 👍 I can admit my faults and I'm willing to listen and learn to.

P.s. update on my coupon code. I'm still waiting for it lol I technically got it today but I went to use it and it was invalid 🤣🤣 So, back to waiting again. Sunday will be one month with the new truck and no level 2 charger yet!
I got mine right around three months ago and it took a month for me to get my FCSP. I did not have a coupon code. I had to fill out some form when I picked up the truck that the dealer sent to (maybe Ford first I’m not sure )they sent to Sunrun. After about two weeks I started calling Ford and Sunrun but that was mostly a waste of time. Someone from Sunrun called me a day after one of my calls and asked me how I liked it and I said I don’t have it yet. They were going to look into it and then the next day it shipped.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
I got mine right around three months ago and it took a month for me to get my FCSP. I did not have a coupon code. I had to fill out some form when I picked up the truck that the dealer sent to (maybe Ford first I’m not sure )they sent to Sunrun. After about two weeks I started calling Ford and Sunrun but that was mostly a waste of time. Someone from Sunrun called me a day after one of my calls and asked me how I liked it and I said I don’t have it yet. They were going to look into it and then the next day it shipped.
Oh wow, so even before the coupon policy, it still took a while to get it? That's crazy! Takes a while to get that and these level 3 charger adapters, even longer lol

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Oh wow, so even before the coupon policy, it still took a while to get it? That's crazy! Takes a while to get that and these level 3 charger adapters, even longer lol
SunRun is no longer involved. The online ordering, with a coupon to make it free, is the new process. Coupon code should immediately work.

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
SunRun is no longer involved. The online ordering, with a coupon to make it free, is the new process. Coupon code should immediately work.
I got the code yesterday at 5 p.m. and tried it at 7 p.m. and it was invalid lol 😆

The customer care woman had no idea why it didn't work, it's never dome this before I was told lol

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist Technician
Maybe should have bought a warranty on the coupon code. :) :)

Hopefully it works for you in a few days.
No kidding lmao

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
So, depending on your house set up, $1600 might be a reasonable price, that is because:

You'll need 3AWG wire for the two hot lines and it is somewhere just under $2.00/ft as well as 6AWG ground wire about $1.00/ft (if you dial down from 80A charging you can use a smaller diameter less expensive wire - if they are giving you a free FCSP, then you have the extended range battery, which is unusual for a Pro, so you might want to stick with the 3AWG 80A charging).

Then you need the 100A breaker around $40. Hopefully your house breaker box has the capacity to add the breaker.

They have to mount it to the wall whereever you are going to use it - remember the cord is 25 feet but you need some slack, so they say 17 ft between the FCSP and the truck charge port.

To pass inspection the wires will might have to be in conduit of some kind, at a minimum where visible/accessible per code, and the electricians will have to run the conduit from your breaker box to the location of the FCSP. Conduit for an easy pull of two 3AWG and one 6 AWG would probably be 1" and it runs close to $1.00/ft these days.

To be done right it should be inspected by the local authorities, so there is the cost of a permit application and the inspection as well, sometimes that is bundled into the price the electrician gives you.

In my house, the breaker box is in the basement, and the distance from the basement, through the attic to the garage wall where I'd put a FCSP would be about 100ft, so over $600 just for the wire and conduit. Inspection/permit, maybe $200. Breaker $50.

Then there is the labor involved in the installation in our market. I am in the Northern Virginia/DC area market, so labor is not cheap.

I have a SR battery 2023 Pro and using L2 charging with the Mobile charger at 30A works for me most of the time. I already had a 30A outlet in my garage that I used with my 2012 Nissan Leaf.

Planning for the future and faster charging with a different EV, I bought a FCSP new in the box on eBay for $600, had the warranty transferred to me as well. The SR battery is limited to 48A charging, but the FCSP can be dialed down to that level and put on a 60A breaker in the house panel.

I had no luck with Sunrun either. They have pulled out of solar NVa installations they told me on the phone, and didn't call back about the possibility of a HIS (home integration system) like they promised.
Sponsored