• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Lightning Lariat SR For Sale Possibily

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
I think youll rip someone for about $20k and i dont think thats a bad thing at all. Its all about timing. No one gets online and gets mad at lotto winners? right place right time. Buy it when it comes in, bring it to a few local dealers and someone will pay 20+ for it that day.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
What matters to the IRS is your intention when you buy it. If you buy the Lightning and then immediately flip it, that's an intent to resell and you wouldn't be able to take the tax credit.
My Opinion(FWIW)....

This is spot on. You haven't "bought" the Lightning yet as you have not taken delivery. You have ordered a vehicle. The tax credit follows the delivery..not the order. (That's why you take the credit in the year of delivery, not order).

Therefore your intention when you ordered is not relevant. Your intention NOW is to resell it. Your intention on why you want to sell is not relevant. The IRS doesn't have a sense of humor.

You may get caught, maybe not. Obviously you can decide to chance it, but I personally wouldn't mess around and risk an audit/penalties.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
As far as price goes..I'm sure you can get MSRP, maybe more. The only problem is SR Lariat isn't as highly desired configuration. Most people spending $71k are gonna spring for an extra $9k to get the big battery and charger.

That said...the short supply//high demand will work in your favor as someone will settle for it vs waiting(possibly with the idea of trading it when their ER truck comes in 2023 or 2024)

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Excellent post!

I am thinking of doing the same if I get the reservation converted into an order.

Originally last year when I reserved, I was not thinking of flipping the Lightning but now after a year my needs have changed.

The wait for the Lightning has not been to my liking and now seeing that I may get a 2023 MY; I have ordered an MME for delivery in summer, I may do what the OP is doing...

I know it will fetch far more than MSRP.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Keep in mind also that if you sell for a profit, you'll be paying capital gains tax on that, and in this case it would be short-term capital gains tax.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Keep in mind also that if you sell for a profit, you'll be paying capital gains tax on that, and in this case it would be short-term capital gains tax.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Lightning Lariat SR For Sale Possibily 1648667621339

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Lightning Lariat SR For Sale Possibily 1648667688815

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I have no clue why anyone would order a SR Lariat. SR XLT? Sure, but not the higher end model.

OP
OP
Farva20

Farva20

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 502A Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Sales Manager
I have no clue why anyone would order a SR Lariat. SR XLT? Sure, but not the higher end model.
Cause at the time there was a 70 mile difference for $10,000. To me that seemed insane. Now they added an extra 20-30 miles to the estimate so it does make some more sense. Also, to each their own. I had a budget I was willing to spend... an extra $10,000 was not worth it to me. Not everyone has all the money in the world... Might as well just got the Platinum at that point.

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
Cause at the time there was a 70 mile difference for $10,000. To me that seemed insane. Now they added an extra 20-30 miles to the estimate so it does make some more sense. Also, to each their own. I had a budget I was willing to spend... an extra $10,000 was not worth it to me. Not everyone has all the money in the world... Might as well just got the Platinum at that point.
Well , ER adds much more than 70 miles

1. 90 miles (320 vs 230 , big factor for Resale value)
2. 563HP vs 426HP (137HP difference, big factor for Resale Value)
3. Ford Co-Pilot 360 With blue cruise (Ford's input for Autopilot, big factor for resale Value)
4. Tow Technology Package included (option on SR)
5. Twin panel Moonroof (big factor for some users that wants panoramic roof )
6. Phone as Key (very handy for some user, like myself who just want to carry my phone with ID)
7. 80Amp ford charge station Pro (big factor for someone with 200A panel)
8. Second row heated seat , partitioned lockable fold-flat rear storage, Power Tilt Steering Colum with Memory (These won't matter much)

The 10K difference is very justifiable just for Resale Value alone. IMO SR Lariat is one of the less desired trim out there alone with ER XLT.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Farva20

Farva20

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager

3. Ford Co-Pilot 360 With blue cruise (Ford's input for Autopilot, big factor for resale Value)
6. Phone as Key (very handy for some user, like myself who just want to carry my phone with ID)
8. Second row heated seat , partitioned lockable fold-flat rear storage, Power Tilt Steering Colum with Memory (These won't matter much)

The 10K difference is very justifiable just for Resale Value alone. IMO SR Lariat is one of the less desired trim out there alone with ER XLT.
1. When the order board opened it was 230 vs 300 (70 Miles) NOW is a different story yes but that is from the last week that just came out.
2. HP yes there is a difference. No argument there.
3. My spec shows that it has the Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 which INCLUDES everything you noted there
4. Tow technology does not matter to me personally however my spec does include the 360 camera which I wanted.
5. Understandable
6. Phone as key is part of Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 which as already stated is on this truck
7. Agree.
8. Like you said won't matter much.

OP
OP
Farva20

Farva20

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager

Also, when I originally ordered the truck I had no plans of selling it.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician

Cost and need..
We buy what we can afford. I commute 14 miles round trip and rarely take long trips more 70 miles one way.
I can go 2 weeks to work and back on a full charge.

Why would i spend 10 grand for 70 miles more??

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Cost and need..
We buy what we can afford. I commute 14 miles round trip and rarely take long trips more 70 miles one way.
I can go 2 weeks to work and back on a full charge.

Why would i spend 10 grand for 70 miles more??
All 3 of my Teslas were low range trim. 60D model x only had 200miles rated. 75D model X only had 237. 60D model S only had 218 miles.

Its been a concern…maybe half a dozen times in the 6 years I’ve owned them. With collectively we’ll over 200,000 miles on them. To also pre-empt, I do tow with my Model X. And I’ve road tripped internationally with them.

Would it be easier with more range? Yes. Did it affect my resale values? Percentage wise. No. Did it affect me enough to avoid buying a lowly model on subsequent ones? No. My Pro SR order is proof of that.

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Same here. I owned a Chevy Bolt for 3.5 years that had a range of 238 miles. Can count on one hand the amount of times it was an issue.

Decided that I didn't want to spend an extra $10K for what would be corner cases for me.

It was a close call, though, to be honest I may have made a different choice if the EPA ranges were released before my order was placed.
Sponsored