First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I wonder how much of this has to do with them switching to the NACS adapter are they doing that for the ‘25 model year or ‘26?
They probably have a significant quantity of the FCSP and need to get rid of them before the switch to NACS.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I was having that problem as well and I rebooted (power cycled it with the breaker)the FCSP last week and it seems to be back to the 80 amp my last few charges!
Somehow, the thought to reboot it hasn't occurred to me. I'll give that a go tonight!

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Somehow, the thought to reboot it hasn't occurred to me. I'll give that a go tonight!
Hopefully that does it for you!
I think somebody (maybe taxmanhog? I don’t remember now )mentioned it to me on another thread that so just paying it forward!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Does the connected charger have the CCS pins ? would be nice to have a little less bulky charger head and not have to open the little door.
No, just the J1772 connector

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
This!
….See threads on Home Integration System
Oh yeah ... So if you call and they send you up to the technical team for help the "ya friggen who!" and if not then ... well "ya know, nothing to see here people"

Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I think this is great for people that are getting their first EV.

I am kind of chuckling though, Ford is going to pay to install a bunch of chargers for customers that in a year or two are using an outdated plug?

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
I am not even going to read all this because it relates to Ford PR crap. I have a Mach-e ER and a Lightning Platinum.

So, FORD, where are the ordered Telsa adapters? It's been six months or more waiting for mine. Bought one a few months ago and arrive in 2 weeks. Bought one today and it says I should have it in 5 days.

But my Ford order 'Free' adapters are only PR.

Ltron

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER , 24 Lyriq AWD Lux1
Occupation
Ret
As a current very happy 23 Lightning and 24 Lyriq owner, i see this as a this is a great move by Ford and I wish them the BEST

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Hey Mr. Farley,

How about reimbursing the cost for the early adopters, who had to pay Electricians to come to their homes and install 220 lines to their home's electrical panel to charge their F150?
I had to spend $1500 to have the Ford home charger that came with my 22 Lariat Lighting SR wired from my basement electrical panel to the charger mounted in my garage next to my truck.

Ty,
Gary
in Ohio!
I got my Lariat in June 2022. The FCSP was delivered to me 2-3 weeks later. Ford sent me $400 to have it installed. The licensed electrician provided #2 wire, 100 amp duplex and assorted plastic conduit and connectors. He charged about $375.
My mother always told me that my good looks and pleasant personality would pay off some day. She didn’t tell me it would take 70 years to happen.

capt_ramius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 312A
I got to attend the media briefing that Ford gave on this program last week, very exciting! I think it’ll drive adoption and help convert some of the skeptics and people that are hesitant… and more EV adoption benefits everyone!

I made sure to ask how the Ford Power Promise will help current Ford EV owners. The program is obviously geared towards new buyers, but Ford said we can also take advantage of the 24/7 customer support and improved roadside assistance.

We can register at: http://owner.ford.com/

PS — I assume Ford invited me because I’m help run the Midwest F-150 Lightning Owners Club… getting access to these kinds of events is another reason to join and be active in your local club!

Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Have they defined what "standard installation" consists of? I'm guessing that will require the service and panel to be already capable, readily accessible, and not involving too much work.

Pardon my scepticism. But their installation and support arrangements have historically been total trash.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
Hey Mr. Farley,

How about reimbursing the cost for the early adopters, who had to pay Electricians to come to their homes and install 220 lines to their home's electrical panel to charge their F150?
I had to spend $1500 to have the Ford home charger that came with my 22 Lariat Lighting SR wired from my basement electrical panel to the charger mounted in my garage next to my truck.

Ty,
Gary
in Ohio!
The market doesn't work like that, as far I know.

You don't get retro-actively reimbursed on the value of the house you sold two years ago when the new owners install a sweet new deck.

When you buy a makita drill/driver set, you don't get reimbursed if they go on sale next year.

Fast87t

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
The market doesn't work like that, as far I know.

You don't get retro-actively reimbursed on the value of the house you sold two years ago when the new owners install a sweet new deck.

When you buy a makita drill/driver set, you don't get reimbursed if they go on sale next year.
Ford should at least give all the early adopters Bc 1.4 for 1 year after my 1.0 is up next year. I have no faith I will ever see 1.4 before my current subscription 1.0 runs out in Oct 25. At least this way early folks tgat supported them get something while new owners get chargers at home installed complimentary.
Sponsored