• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fordpass has stop receiving from the truck

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Construction
Yesterday I pulling in from work and plugged in like every other day and a couple of hours later I looked at my ford pass to see the charge level and it did not show charging and was at 67% 239km. I went out and the truck was plugged in and the lights next to the plug showed mostly charged. I unplugged and plugged in again and still nothing on ford pass. I left it. I normally chrarge to 90%. I started it up today and it charged to 100% but still no movement or connection to ford pass and still 67% other than showing parked. I have not received an update on the truck since the 18th and everything was fine past that. I logged on to the ford web site and the truck show 87% charged and 238km range , wrong as well. When I drove to another location it still show the truck at home.

Any ideas on what I should do?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Check that the connectivity settings in the truck are still turned on.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Force Stop your Fordpass app then restart to see if functionality is restored.

Also, be aware that the 87% you see on your vehicle account at Ford.com is for the low voltage [12v] battery not the[High Voltage Battery] aka HVB

OP
OP
Lightningwaiter

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Construction
Force Stop your Fordpass app then restart to see if functionality is restored.

Also, be aware that the 87% you see on your vehicle account at Ford.com is for the low voltage [12v] battery not the[High Voltage Battery] aka HVB
Done, no change.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Does your range (Est. Distance) show accurately on Ford.com and climb as it is charging? If it does, then connectivity from the truck to the cloud is working and the issue is with connectivity from the cloud to the app (usually an app/phone problem but not always).

I've found version 5.0.2 on Apple to be very unstable and caused both me and my wife to need to restart our phones regularly since this version was released. The phone restart probably clears the cache like @TaxmanHog 's suggestion.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had same issue. I believe (my guess) it’s the communication between ford server to the ford apps that is having issue. It randomly started working for me after a couple of days later. I did tried different attempt (reboot, reinstall apps, re-add phone to truck, PAAK etc) all do not work.

Based on how computer works it make sense why some have issue some don’t because not everyone is connected to same server that is having issue.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Set the charge limit in the truck for the location - mine is HOME ( my home FCSP) and I set it for 60% weekdays and weekends between 1am and 4am (on a time of day billing with the utility (4.8 cents per kilowatt hour).

It won't fix the comm error, but will ensure your truck charges to the set limit you want.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lightningwaiter

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Construction
I had same issue. I believe (my guess) it’s the communication between ford server to the ford apps that is having issue. It randomly started working for me after a couple of days later. I did tried different attempt (reboot, reinstall apps, re-add phone to truck, PAAK etc) all do not work.

Based on how computer works it make sense why some have issue some don’t because not everyone is connected to same server that is having issue.
It is not right now the truck is at 95% and 339KM and for is still saying 87% and 239KM. is there something I can do to reset the truck?

OP
OP
Lightningwaiter

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Construction
Set the charge limit in the truck for the location - mine is HOME ( my home FCSP) and I set it for 60% weekdays and weekends between 1am and 4am (on a time of day billing with the utility (4.8 cents per kilowatt hour).

It won't fix the comm error, but will ensure your truck charges to the set limit you want.
Weird part is that it was set up and was gone I have reset it up. I have gone and reset it up thanks

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
It is not right now the truck is at 95% and 339KM and for is still saying 87% and 239KM. is there something I can do to reset the truck?
Sorry idk how to reboot the truck. Maybe disconnect the 12V? Maybe someone else can help with this. But this might work since rebooting might connect you to a different server.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
I have experienced the same thing. Tried to restart the phone. Pulled the 32 fuse. Nothing.
It just seems that the truck isn’t transmitting or the Ford Pass App isn’t receiving at all. A disconnect between the two. I’m unable to remote start climate as well.
Usually lasts about two days, then all of a sudden….connection and updates.
When 5.0 was working it seemed to happen much less, now that we (and most others) are on the 5.+ version, its happening more frequently. It happened a lot with the 4+ versions too!

I have no solution, but wanted to let you know others are experiencing the same thing.

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have experienced the same thing. Tried to restart the phone. Pulled the 32 fuse. Nothing.
It just seems that the truck isn’t transmitting or the Ford Pass App isn’t receiving at all. A disconnect between the two. I’m unable to remote start climate as well.
Usually lasts about two days, then all of a sudden….connection and updates.
When 5.0 was working it seemed to happen much less, now that we (and most others) are on the 5.+ version, it shipping more frequently. It happened a lot with the 4+ versions too!

I have no solution, but wanted to let you know others are experiencing the same thing.
The country code in your TCU is wrong. If you have FORScan, you can fix it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Fordpass has stop receiving from the truck 1719595453073-g9
Sponsored