Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Mine is not connecting. Does not update charging and lock/ unlock not functional.
I had a similar problem. Lock/unlock worked, but frunk lid and tailgate controls did not work. Also PAAK would not connect. I deleted my phone 2 or 3 times and reconnected and it finally worked.
Sponsored

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Ford thank you! This should have been released few years ago. Stop holding back!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Anybody figure out how, when you can actually get it to display, to refresh the location of a vehicle? I like to check the location of the wife's Mach-E when she's on her way home from work, so I can have dinner ready before she gets home.
ain't you sweet! :)

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I haven't checked this carefully, but I noticed that after installing the Apple Watch version of FordPass 5.0, my watch battery drained ~5% to 10% more per day. Since I always have my phone with me for its PAAK function, I can live without more Watch battery drain, so I uninstalled the app from the watch. I may be unfairly blaming the app, but I have never used the watch app before, and it really doesn't add enough functionality for me to be worth the battery drain, if that's what's causing it. If the watch app could function like a PAAK or tell me whether my vehicle was locked or unlocked, etc., then I might have more enthusiasm for the watch app. The Apple Watch version of the ReSound Smart 3D hearing aid app has almost all of the functionality of the iPhone version of the 3D app. Maybe with a little more inspiration, Ford could do the same with the FordPass app. The market capitalization of GN ReSound is only about $5 billion, whereas FMC's is around $48 billion, so GN ReSound does more with far less - but then it's a real tech company...

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Is the new app. different depending on what trim you have? Because mine looks nothing like that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Is the new app. different depending on what trim you have? Because mine looks nothing like that.
No, pretty standard. Show us a couple screenshots of what you see.

Do you have ICE & BEV vehicles configured to you install of Fordpass?, There are nuances for ICE's vehicles, but overall feel is the same.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully FP 5.1.0 will be coming shortly with all these bugs reported!

Sponsored

dlocutor

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning ER, 2013 Nissan Leaf
On iphone SE screen is frozen on welcome screen. Sorry initial reaction, -10 points.
A failure to understand the market.

Update: uninstalled software, reinstalled software, frozen welcome screen gone, now perpetual spinning Loading circle, ... another -10 points

Update: had to re-enter login credentials, reboot phone, frozen welcome screen again. ... another -10 points. I want the old app back. Calling Detroit. Will update.

Final update.
Caution an Opinion: This rollout is a complete abomination and an example of software development incompetence.
-30 points and growing.. I'm now a half-hour on phone hold to tech support.
Sorry to bother ya'all with this, but I wouldn't touch this app with a ten foot pole.
It's simply not ready.
Can I go back to limited functionality of previous version ?
Time will tell.

Last edited:

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
How did you get around having to use a passcode? I don't use that on my watch.
IMG_8486.jpeg
You need to setup a passcode on your watch. Mine is always setup due to me storing credit card information in my phone wallet.

dlocutor

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning ER, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Resolution to app frozen at welcome screen on iPhone:

Go to
  1. Settings
  2. Accessibility
  3. Display & Text Size
  4. Select larger text
  5. bottom slide reduce text size to as low as it will go
  6. go to app and hit "let's go" button at bottom of welcome screen
from tech support +10 points ..this a known problem

vfleck

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Escape, Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I scroll down but don’t see any way to adjust the temp or turn on my heated seats. I guess the PROs don’t get this feature. Bummer
IMG_2928.png
I see the same thing except "Previous Version" When I press the fan button it turns it on/off. I don't see any controls. I have a 23' Pro

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
You need to setup a passcode on your watch. Mine is always setup due to me storing credit card information in my phone wallet.
To further add on, you can set it so that if you are wearing your watch and you unlock your phone it automatically unlocks the watch and until you take it off you dont need to set the passcode. You get the safety of the passcode without ever needing to put it in.
Sponsored