• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Glare Free light operation

OP
OP
Firn

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Not available in My Truck. Latest update, 6.5.0
Not available AFTER you made the changes in Forscan? Or just not available?

This will not show up until you adjust the truck using forscan. The only people who will have this from the factory are 22 and 23 owners in Canada.

Fwiw one of the settings you change is to adjust the menu to display the selection box.
Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Not available in My Truck. Latest update, 6.5.0
If Your truck has the LED "turn - swivel" headlights, IMHO the glare-free function is available although not turned on. If Your truck does not have the LED headlights, then it likely is not available for Your truck.

I have the 2023 XLT, package 312A, and the glare-free function was "available / hidden / not turned on" until I turned the FORScan function codes on.

OP
OP
Firn

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
If Your truck has the LED "turn - swivel" headlights, IMHO the glare-free function is available although not turned on. If Your truck does not have the LED headlights, then it likely is not available for Your truck.

I have the 2023 XLT, package 312A, and the glare-free function was "available / hidden / not turned on" until I turned the FORScan function codes on.
I was under the impression that all Lightnings used the same headlights.

Granted, this forum does stretch over to the ICE trucks so I guess this thread may show up for others

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was under the impression that all Lightnings used the same headlights.

Granted, this forum does stretch over to the ICE trucks so I guess this thread may show up for others
This might indeed be true... no harm in interested users visually checking, eh? Especially as Ford Corporate is well-known to, er... "de-content" vehicle trims from time to time as the years go by.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
I believe there was an XLT without the led lights in that year but not sure, would have to consult the order guides.
I turned it on in my 24’ flash with forscan and it was definitely worth the time. coolest vehicle feature blocked by stupid red tape as usual.

Sponsored

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician

I have a "23" XLT SR with the 311A Equipment group, The window sheet said that it has the "LED Projector w/dynamic bending Headlamps" But I have not ventured into the FORScan Realm. I've Programed PLC's before, but I was trained on it, But have NO training on FORScan.

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Not available AFTER you made the changes in Forscan? Or just not available?

This will not show up until you adjust the truck using forscan. The only people who will have this from the factory are 22 and 23 owners in Canada.

Fwiw one of the settings you change is to adjust the menu to display the selection box.
Ya, as I mentioned above, I have never worked with FORScan and would be paranoid about bricking my BEAUTIFUL NEW truck.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I might inquire in my area if anyone had worked w/FORScan Before. I'll have to read the tutorial I downloaded . .

The Raindog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 12/23 build
Occupation
The Guy
Thanks for the write up, I activated mine and they are very cool! It seems they only activate above 30 mph and deactivate below 18mph.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I got it done today and have the glare free button toggle. Went for a drive tonight on a very dark road but didn't notice anything. I will triple check the values tomorrow , I only double checked today.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
I got it done today and have the glare free button toggle
You should also have the Green colored headlight indicator with a "A" in the middle on the lower left of your center screen. If you have the green indicator and toggle button, you likely did it correctly.

Ford F-150 Lightning Glare Free light operation Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 9.26.02 AM

Ford F-150 Lightning Glare Free light operation Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 9.24.48 AM

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You should also have the Green colored headlight indicator with a "A" in the middle on the lower left of your center screen. If you have the green indicator and toggle button, you likely did it correctly.

Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 9.26.02 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 9.24.48 AM.jpg
...maybe. Pls see my previous post #13 here. Unless all the necessary FORScan changes are made in all relevant modules, the green circle might show up in the IPC and yet the glare-free headlight function will still not work. Guess how I know this... ;)

OP
OP
Firn

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
I got it done today and have the glare free button toggle. Went for a drive tonight on a very dark road but didn't notice anything. I will triple check the values tomorrow , I only double checked today.
The only time you will notice a difference is if there are other cars around, either in front of you or oncoming. Obviously you need to keep your "high beams" on when there are other cars around.

I find it most noticeable on the highway. The left and right ditches light up well and you right side does it's game with signs. Corners on the highway are where it is the most fun as you watch the black box move around following the car in front of you.
Sponsored