First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
My dealer has a sales going on next week that quoted around $1000 installed... but currently this is what I could get them at Costco.

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 8.18.23 AM.jpg
Same price I paid at Boulevard Tire in DeLand, FL. OTD with road hazard $1540

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
The biggest "hassle" with dedicated winters is storage.
You have to (should anyway) rotate your all seasons every so often either way and if you do work on your vehicle yourself it's easier to "rotate" when you change from winter to warm season tires than it is to rotate with just one set of tires.

That said, no all season is going to be as good in the winter as a true winter tire, I too tried the Generals for winter and it wasn't fun. I now have Nokian Hakka for winter and that was a lot of fun.

I use Conti TerrainContact H/T as my warm season tire and mine are on 22" but you can get them in 20" as well. So far I'm happy with them, grippy, quiet, not much wear to speak of (only had them one year / two seasons).
Storage isnt a problem for me… expense of buying an extra set of wheels is.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
The Goodyear WRANGLER TERRITORY AT 275/60R-20 come on the new Rivians same weight capacity as the grabbers. It’s a EV tire. Quiet as grabbers and getting initially the same average mi/kwh as well. Got them from Discount Tire. Good price as well not sure how long they will last if I get 25000 miles I’m good I chirp the front wheels all the time and that will affect wear.

IMG_7090.jpeg

IMG_7099.jpeg

IMG_7089.jpeg

IMG_7098.jpeg

IMG_7087.jpeg

IMG_7088.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg
My 23 XLT came with these tires from the factory. So far so good - no complaints!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Let us know how they work out. For an AT tire, they are rated lower on Tire Rack on every category compared to the Generals, and are really close in price to the Defenders, which are ranked #1.
What is the Goodyear tire that Ford is now using to replace the all season General?

(Found a picture - it’s the Good Year Wrangler Territory HT tire.). Does anyone have any experience with this tire? Is it as good as the Michelin Defender? Is it more or less efficient (range wise) than the Michelin?
Sponsored

Last edited: