First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
My dealer has a sales going on next week that quoted around $1000 installed... but currently this is what I could get them at Costco.

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 8.18.23 AM.jpg
Same price I paid at Boulevard Tire in DeLand, FL. OTD with road hazard $1540

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
The biggest "hassle" with dedicated winters is storage.
You have to (should anyway) rotate your all seasons every so often either way and if you do work on your vehicle yourself it's easier to "rotate" when you change from winter to warm season tires than it is to rotate with just one set of tires.

That said, no all season is going to be as good in the winter as a true winter tire, I too tried the Generals for winter and it wasn't fun. I now have Nokian Hakka for winter and that was a lot of fun.

I use Conti TerrainContact H/T as my warm season tire and mine are on 22" but you can get them in 20" as well. So far I'm happy with them, grippy, quiet, not much wear to speak of (only had them one year / two seasons).
Storage isnt a problem for me… expense of buying an extra set of wheels is.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
The Goodyear WRANGLER TERRITORY AT 275/60R-20 come on the new Rivians same weight capacity as the grabbers. It’s a EV tire. Quiet as grabbers and getting initially the same average mi/kwh as well. Got them from Discount Tire. Good price as well not sure how long they will last if I get 25000 miles I’m good I chirp the front wheels all the time and that will affect wear.

IMG_7090.jpeg

IMG_7099.jpeg

IMG_7089.jpeg

IMG_7098.jpeg

IMG_7087.jpeg

IMG_7088.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg
My 23 XLT came with these tires from the factory. So far so good - no complaints!

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Let us know how they work out. For an AT tire, they are rated lower on Tire Rack on every category compared to the Generals, and are really close in price to the Defenders, which are ranked #1.
What is the Goodyear tire that Ford is now using to replace the all season General?

(Found a picture - it’s the Good Year Wrangler Territory HT tire.). Does anyone have any experience with this tire? Is it as good as the Michelin Defender? Is it more or less efficient (range wise) than the Michelin?

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
What is the Goodyear tire that Ford is now using to replace the all season General?

(Found a picture - it’s the Good Year Wrangler Territory HT tire.). Does anyone have any experience with this tire? Is it as good as the Michelin Defender? Is it more or less efficient (range wise) than the Michelin?
Discount website says the Territory is discontinued. It came up with this as the closest match:
Ford F-150 Lightning Help: Can't Decide - Tire Replacements 1728913766972-uy

4trees

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Cannabis Facility Design - 4trees Cannabis Building Ltd
I'm at 2 years, 30k on my 2022 and my OEM All Season General Grabbers need replacement. (I Found this tire wear to be in line with what I expected from an OEM tire, EV truck, and my fairly aggressive driving)

I am struggling to narrow in on a selection and need to do so ASAP because these tires are shot and winter is coming! Any help / input is appreciated... below are my considerations.

- Considering both All Terrains and All Seasons. I've never had All-Terrains on any this or my last truck but am considering it. Maybe I'd love it!?!?
- OEM Grabber all seasons were dissapointing in Winter so not considering them. Winter driving is important (Wisconsin)
- Off-roading is irrelevant. Pavement princess.
- IMO, Trucks look better with all-terrains on them.
- If going All terrain, I'm concerned about how bad the range would be affected, but it's not horribly important because I generally am not going long distances where I am pushing range limits.
- Minor concerns about road noise, if going All-terrain? Should this be a concern or not? My kids are likely way louder!
- I dont want to switch between all seasons, and snow tires, I want 1 tire year round... seems like big hassle to swap twice a year.
- On my Nissan Titan I had Michelin DEFENDER LTX (all-season) tires and those seemed to perform well.
- Obviously a tire known for good tread life is important. I would like to get better than 30k out of a non-oem tire.
I have the Toyo Open Country AT 3 tires on my 2024 Lightning and love them. They do not cut range that much and did not need a level kit installed to fit them.

Ford F-150 Lightning Help: Can't Decide - Tire Replacements 4TREES TRUCK PNG

sr3jan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat
I am loving the Continental TerrainContact A/T. Best tires I've ever had on a vehicle.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am loving the Continental TerrainContact A/T. Best tires I've ever had on a vehicle.
Looks a nice option, at a decent price compared to the Toyo Open Country AT 3. Doesnt appear to come in 116 load index? You went with 115's?

Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat - Antimatter Blue. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
I did a bit of research and had settled on the Toyo Open country A/T III EV's, but put on a level kit and wanted to see how that impacted range for a few thousand miles prior to swapping out the tires.

Interestingly enough, so far (1,000 miles in) the Eibach level kit (part #E60-035-61-01-10) has increased efficiency from 2.3 Miles/kW to 2.5 Miles/kW according to the trip guess-o-meter. That is at the 2" setting on the Eibach's, they can go up to 2.5". They also got rid of the floaty feel of the OEM shocks.

But back to tires, I put together this handy chart, which has a lot of information, most of it from TireRack:
Ford F-150 Lightning Help: Can't Decide - Tire Replacements Capture

The OEM Hankook's are in yellow. The main ones I was considering are blue. Interestingly, the Toyo Open Country A/T III EV in the 275/65 R20 (a 34.1" tire) are lighter than the same model in the Lightning stock 275/60 R20 size (a 33" tire). It is also worth noting that the amount of tread on the taller tire is less than the stock tire, so maybe that is why its lighter? If you can't read the pic PM me and I'll send you the Excel document. Also note the 34" tire might not fit if you aren't willing to install a lift/level.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did a bit of research and had settled on the Toyo Open country A/T III EV's, but put on a level kit and wanted to see how that impacted range for a few thousand miles prior to swapping out the tires.

Interestingly enough, so far (1,000 miles in) the Eibach level kit (part #E60-035-61-01-10) has increased efficiency from 2.3 Miles/kW to 2.5 Miles/kW according to the trip guess-o-meter. That is at the 2" setting on the Eibach's, they can go up to 2.5". They also got rid of the floaty feel of the OEM shocks.

But back to tires, I put together this handy chart, which has a lot of information, most of it from TireRack:
Capture.jpg

The OEM Hankook's are in yellow. The main ones I was considering are blue. Interestingly, the Toyo Open Country A/T III EV in the 275/65 R20 (a 34.1" tire) are lighter than the same model in the Lightning stock 275/60 R20 size (a 33" tire). It is also worth noting that the amount of tread on the taller tire is less than the stock tire, so maybe that is why its lighter? If you can't read the pic PM me and I'll send you the Excel document. Also note the 34" tire might not fit if you aren't willing to install a lift/level.
Thanks for all the info... lots of options out there for sure.

So if Im understanding correctly... you have only done the lift so far, but not the tires? You had a local shop or your dealer install the Eibach kit? Total cost for that if you dont mind me asking?
Sponsored