• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I've spent decades dissing dealerships. My local one has totally reformed that view. I'm on a fist name basis with a lot of people there. They have been very fair. The Service Dept is outstanding. Love bein' a Fordie.
A good dealer makes all the difference. Can't say enough good things about my local dealer, Otis Ford in Quogue (the Hamptons) NY . They just opened up their DC fast chargers too . When you have a great service department and honest sales people that want to build life long sales relationships with you , it's night and day compared to the dealers that want to milk you for every last dollar and have a pass the buck service department . I've stayed purely Ford for the last 15 years now , more for the dealership than the ford product.
Sponsored

Jarratt

First Name
Jarratt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Tacoma, Model 3, Lariat Max Tow, lng range
A good dealer makes all the difference. Can't say enough good things about my local dealer, Otis Ford in Quogue (the Hamptons) NY . They just opened up their DC fast chargers too . When you have a great service department and honest sales people that want to build life long sales relationships with you , it's night and day compared to the dealers that want to milk you for every last dollar and have a pass the buck service department . I've stayed purely Ford for the last 15 years now , more for the dealership than the ford product.
That was my experience. I hadn't been to the dealership for 30 years, but my Lightning lust drew me there. I'd only experienced sleaze & upsell b4.

The exact truck i had submitted a build for online (Max Tow, Extended range) was sitting on the showroom floor (even the color was my build). They couldn't sell it b/c it was a mannequin, but issued a PO that I could fulfill in six months. That allowed me to escape the new ITC price ceiling. More impressively, the price went up during the six months between PO & possession. The dealership never attempted to pass it along. Most impressively, many dealerships were extracting a premium. The Manager here refused to budge over MSRP.

My loyalty is deep. It's a rarity -- a third generation family ownership, but the owners stay out of the nuts & bolts and let the pros runs everything. The Service dept is astounding. They recruit techs from 1K mi around and steal talent from the major metro dealership 75 mi away. They cover moving expenses and invest in their techs.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
I agree with the sentiment that the Lightning is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned and I had a 2018 Tesla Model 3 and currently a Model Y. I've also been driving for over 40 years and owned many vehicles. The Lightning is the most comfortable and most fun to drive.

Side note (this just happened yesterday): I'm at a stoplight next to a 1970ish Dodge Challenger with a big 392 painted on the raised air intake the middle of the hood. He's revving his engine, light turns green and we take off. Without trying too hard I'm staying 1/2 truck length ahead of him even as he shifts into 2nd and 3rd gear making all kinds of muscle car noise. He gives up before we get going too fast and, to his credit, gives me a thumbs up and was laughing as he came up to my side at the next stoplight.
My favorite pastime is getting a jump on all the muscle cars and trucks in my area at the stop lights or going up hills. I have the ER so I have crazy power and I live in truck country so I feel it is my duty as an early adopter to dispel the misinformation about EVs (I had the Ford Focus EV since 2014 and had a hybrid in 2003, so it's nothing new). I now see two new Lightnings in my neighborhood and like to think that my year of zipping around had an influence :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored