OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Mine have a 3 year, 3 month warranty (extra 3 months for registering product). Both will still be under warranty on October 11th...
Sponsored

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
I bought my JuiceBox Pro 40 in 2015 for $599 when there weren't nearly as many options as there are today. As part of the package purchasing my Nissan Leaf, I got a $500 rebate through Nissan for the hardware and a $250 rebate through my utility for installation. Since my BIL is an electrician, it cost me parts plus dinner (About $400). At about $250 for 9 1/2 years of operation, I think that $2.20/month has been a good deal and do not regret the purchase at all.

The JuiceBox does not require any cloud connectivity to work as a standard EVSE, so it will continue to do so after they close the doors. I'll lose access to analytics and charge records, but IMHO, it's a nice to have, not a must have. If the JuiceBox died today, It owes me nothing after the 3000+ charging sessions it's completed successfully.

Every device has an End of Life, even if the company is still around. How many times have you had to replace a printer because it has outlasted a few generations of Windows? How many cell phones have you replaced not because the hardware has gone bad, but simply because the manufacturer no longer provides updates and eventually the apps you need are no longer supported on the old version of the OS?

No one promised me anything beyond the warranty period of 1 year on the JuiceBox and I've gotten nearly 10x that lifetime. It's disappointing that JuiceBox/Enel X Way USA is about to wink out of existence, but as you point out, it is inevitable.
Clearly we need to steal the infinity stone….

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Mine have a 3 year, 3 month warranty (extra 3 months for registering product). Both will still be under warranty on October 11th...
Mine I purchased in June. So it might still charge, but 1 of the important functions is tracking my kwh consumption. My meter does the house and charger. I don't have a sub meter. Uncle Sam is not going to be happy if I can't vouch for power write off, but maybe I can just use a 2.4 mpkw formula.

Rick

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Mine I purchased in June. So it might still charge, but 1 of the important functions is tracking my kwh consumption. My meter does the house and charger. I don't have a sub meter. Uncle Sam is not going to be happy if I can't vouch for power write off, but maybe I can just use a 2.4 mpkw formula.

Rick
I don't need to monitor my kWh or anything, I bought my JB40 since it was the best price when my power company was offering deals. If I did, this would suit me nicely since I went with the plug-in kind: https://a.co/d/d6BwC3h I'm sure they have hardwired versions of the same thing if you need to track.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
I don't need to monitor my kWh or anything, I bought my JB40 since it was the best price when my power company was offering deals. If I did, this would suit me nicely since I went with the plug-in kind: https://a.co/d/d6BwC3h I'm sure they have hardwired versions of the same thing if you need to track.
Looks like it would work. But poor reviews and only supplied with 10 gauge wire.
Do you know if it requires a neutral wire. I Don't have a neutral wire.
Too bad, about the 10 gauge. Not going to take a chance, but will look for better ones.

Rick

Sponsored

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
For what it's worth, we're working on putting new hardware inside the old units - but I'm also open to people who have the brains to write new firmware to give us access to stock units.

We've made a discord chat room as part of our Transport Evolved chat here: https://discord.gg/zMvjCNSn4H

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
In my case, I don't use the Juicebox for the Lightining, but I DO use it for another EV, a Leaf. The Leaf does not allow for charging to a specified %, like 80%.

The old Juicebox app was very user friendly, the new one, less so. But I could tell the app "I have 45% battery left and want to charge to 80%" and it would happen, whenever I wanted it to start charging.

Anyone know if ANYONE makes a similar app? One that allows TOU charging of a certain number of kwh and then it stops?

Emporia?
Sponsored