• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Location of Garage Door Opener?

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
It's ridiculous that they removed it but not hard to double side tape your visor remote that came with your opener. Tape if somewhere you can easily find it blind but out of site of the window braking punks. That's what we did with our model Y. Refused to get gouged for $250 for the opener option. Or check Fleabag for a HomeLink visor removed from a wrecked Lariat.

A product that would sell well is a mirror with built in dash cam with parking mode and Homelink. I'd pay $250 for that if my '22 Lariat didnt' have Homelink already.
Sponsored

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Looks like My Q is now available for CarPlay. That's an affordable option if you use CarPlay every time you drive.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
I just bought a '24 ER Lariat with max tow, but can't find the garage door opener. Can you help?

Both the salesman & the manual say it's behind the driver's side sun visor, but it's NOT; When I pointed this out to The Salesman he was perplexed, checked with others, etc., but didn't find it. Not a deal breaker, but it would just seem odd to use the clip on clicker on such a high tech machine. Anyone else have this problem?
Yep, my XLT has the same problem, no garage remote…

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
I have seen more and more vehicles move away from offering Homelink. I wonder why? Especially in the more expensive vehicles, I would think that someone paying this much for a vehicle would have a garage that even if they dont park in, they at least walk through every day. I also find it funny the difference between an XLT F-150 and XLT Expedition. My wife has a '21 XLT Expedition and I have a '23 XLT Lighting. Hers has the lighted mirrors with the Homelink, it would make sense that the XLT F-150 would have the same thing. Oh well, it does not really bother, I am cool with just keeping my garage remote clipped to my visor.

Sullyfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Just my 2 cents, I use my garage opener every day, I have never used the park assist. While it is a cool feature, it is too slow!

Sponsored

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
I really don’t understand this!! At this rate the Lariat will have plastic seats like you had in grade school next model year-WTF Ford? I understand they are trying to make them less expensive, but you can’t delete all the things that make the truck good!!!
100% agreed...

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
Have it in my 2018 Volvo and 2022 Lightning. Tried it at the Volvo dealer when the car was brand new and decided never again. Too nerve racking for me.
I also have a 2022 Lightning and it works pretty good on mine. I use it once in a while when not in a hurry, perhaps should use it more so I can get more used to it and do it quicker...

Jenovalente

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I really don’t understand this!! At this rate the Lariat will have plastic seats like you had in grade school next model year-WTF Ford? I understand they are trying to make them less expensive, but you can’t delete all the things that make the truck good!!!
You can get a Ford mirror with Homelink (three or four buttons, Bluetooth, autodimming) from Bob’s Mirror. I think I paid $280. One screw to install and one cable to plug in.
I have a 23 XLT and wanted the garage door opener as well.

Joe Dablock

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Yea, I bought a 23 XLT ER off the lot and I felt so . . . . let down when I realized it didn't have a garage door opener. It has a power tailgate and frunk, but no garage door opener. Does this make any sense? I assumed a garage door opener was so so basic.

Sponsored

Greg K

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Do the 24's have access to Alexa or Google Assistant still? If so, if you have either, you can try linking your garage door to one of those and use voice commands to open and close your garage door. It's an alternative option.

InTheCloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Do the 24's have access to Alexa or Google Assistant still? If so, if you have either, you can try linking your garage door to one of those and use voice commands to open and close your garage door. It's an alternative option.
I did this with ZWave; the Android app is projected on the screen and able to open/close the garage.

Chamberlain does have an app for their garage doors (myQ)
Sponsored