• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mysterious double chime while driving

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard this on their trucks. Sometimes when I’m driving around, I’ll get the double chime sound for seemingly no reason. It’s smart enough to lower my music volume but nothing pops up on the dash or screen.

It happened yesterday. I left my house, drove for about 5 minutes and then while cruising along… *ding* *ding*

I was at 91% SOC, sport mode, cruising around 35mph.

It doesn’t happen everyday and seems to be random. I’ll try to get a video of the interior when it happens.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You should see somewhere on the screen what the reason is. Are you buckled up? Did you put a heavy object on another seat and not buckle it?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
While using Ford Sync maps, I will receive ALERTS for school zones, traffic and stop light cameras.

Ford F-150 Lightning Mysterious double chime while driving 1680884239612

Last edited:

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard this on their trucks. Sometimes when I’m driving around, I’ll get the double chime sound for seemingly no reason. It’s smart enough to lower my music volume but nothing pops up on the dash or screen.

It happened yesterday. I left my house, drove for about 5 minutes and then while cruising along… *ding* *ding*

I was at 91% SOC, sport mode, cruising around 35mph.

It doesn’t happen everyday and seems to be random. I’ll try to get a video of the interior when it happens.

It's a randomly LOUD chime/alert, right? If so I've gotten in a few times and never have any idea what the hell it's alerting to. Sometimes it happens immediately after starting the truck, other times it happens going down the road.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Same here, pretty loud, happened a few days ago and 2-3 days in a row when starting the truck from having been completely off for a while. Drove off and loud beeps/dings, no idea what caused it, no visual warnings or messages. navigation was inactive but AA had loaded Waze which was displayed to at first I thought it was Waze going crazy but it happened a few times after that and like I said, no obvious reason why.

I drove about 12 miles today with no warning.
I'm on the latest and greatest software. (updated it all w. FDRS)

Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I get the same mystery chime. It usually happens about 30 seconds to 1 minute after I start driving. There is no notification on any display or in FordPass.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Does it sound like a parking sensor or is it a chime like the lane keeping or driver alert?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I get them for school zones, curves, and maybe other things. The notification with the Ding-Ding appears quickly as a light gray banner with small print at the upper part of the 15" iPad display.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Does it sound like a parking sensor or is it a chime like the lane keeping or driver alert?
Mine sounds like the seat belt warning but it happens when every seat belt is fastened. If I had to guess it is a race condition in the software where the seat belt warning gets called before the status of the seat belts is finished updating. I’ve never had it happen more than a minute or two after starting the truck so I don’t think it is the nav warning. It has only happened in my driveway or a parking lot.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
When you get in, before starting the truck, buckle up. Then start the truck.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I get the same mystery chime. It usually happens about 30 seconds to 1 minute after I start driving. There is no notification on any display or in FordPass.
Check to see if MyTrends is active on your navigation. I keep turning mine off and it turns itself back on abbey few days.

OP
OP

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
You should see somewhere on the screen what the reason is. Are you buckled up? Did you put a heavy object on another seat and not buckle it?
When you get in, before starting the truck, buckle up. Then start the truck.
Yesterday I was alone, buckled up with nothing in any other seat. My muscle memory is to always buckle up before starting the truck so I don't think it's that issue, but I will try to test it.

While using Ford Sync maps, I will receive ALERTS for school zones, traffic and stop light cameras.
I wasn't actively using Ford Sync maps, but I will open it up and see if there is anything in the area where it chimed. There is a school nearby, but I know it doesn't happen there every time and I drive by there every day.

It's a randomly LOUD chime/alert, right? If so I've gotten in a few times and never have any idea what the hell it's alerting to. Sometimes it happens immediately after starting the truck, other times it happens going down the road.
Yeah, it was pretty loud and it reduced the volume on my radio so it was definitely trying to get my attention.

Same here, pretty loud, happened a few days ago and 2-3 days in a row when starting the truck from having been completely off for a while. Drove off and loud beeps/dings, no idea what caused it, no visual warnings or messages. navigation was inactive but AA had loaded Waze which was displayed to at first I thought it was Waze going crazy but it happened a few times after that and like I said, no obvious reason why.

I drove about 12 miles today with no warning.
I'm on the latest and greatest software. (updated it all w. FDRS)
Pretty similar situation. Navigation was not active but I did have Carplay and Apple Maps running.

It's more like the soft ding that happens when you're shutting the truck off.

I get them for school zones, curves, and maybe other things. The notification with the Ding-Ding appears quickly as a light gray banner with small print at the upper part of the 15" iPad display.
I'm going to keep an eye out for this. We're heading out later today, past the same area where my last ding ding was. Hopefully it will do it again.

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
Same here. Happens as I am driving down the driveway, almost every day, no notification on any display.

Who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I've had the same chimes as well. Randomly. Just goes along with the other odd glitches with the software.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I get this same "ding ding" too. Nothing on the HUD screen. Nothing on the navigation screen either.
Sponsored