• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Not seeing it now, maybe they suppressed visibility while refining the specifications on the part listing.
I suspect they were testing the website for future orders and hid it again. Even when developing in a test site, when you move it to the production site you need to test everything.

There is also the potential since the software behind part.ford.com can be configured based on vin, they might utilize that feature to only have it available in batches and limited to the single one at release. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
How do we place an order for it and is it free to lightning users ?
We'll know more once Ford is ready to sell, more press releases will be coming.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I suspect they were testing the website for future orders and hid it again. Even when developing in a test site, when you move it to the production site you need to test everything.

There is also the potential since the software behind part.ford.com can be configured based on vin, they might utilize that feature to only have it available in batches and limited to the single one at release. 🤷‍♂️
Re: Part # by VIN; When I tried to make an appointment for the BMS replacement they did say that the parts in these trucks are so specific that they have to give Ford the VIN and Ford sends them the part for that exact truck. The days of shelves full of parts are coming to an end. Maybe not for gas caps, but anything more refined…

The adapter should be universal, though. Tracking by VIN so they know who gets one and who got one I guess.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You can't order one, but it's a good sign that it exists as a part. The complimentary adapter sign up will likely be up soon.

To be clear, this is different from the "Magic Dock" adapter as it has a button to lock the NACS plug in place -- the Lectron and A2Z adapters both have a locking mechanism.

I've already received my A2Z adapter. Ready to rock when Tesla/Ford throw the switch.

IMG_4380-EDIT.jpg
Tesla is the only one who will throw the switch. And I suspect we are all going to be very disappointed that they are only going to open up select chargers where they think it will not affect their customer base's opinion of others using their SCs. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the way I see it going. Because once a SC is open, They can't control who uses it. All brands have equal access under the CCS standard.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
The days of shelves full of parts are coming to an end.
Not the subject of this thread, but I weep for this. I just bought a 20 year old Jeep, and it's actually been fun doing some of the maintenance on it, teaching my kids the basics with it, etc. A Jeep prior to 2008 is the epitome of "off the shelf" parts, and one of the easiest cars I've ever put work in to. I wish that there was more separation in our trucks between the tech devices and the "car" parts. The integration probably makes them a bit cheaper to produce, but $2000 for a taillight is just ridiculous.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Because once a SC is open, They can't control who uses it. All brands have equal access under the CCS standard.
Sure they can. Whether they use the MAC address like EVgo Autocharge+ or the VIN, they can identify the individual vehicle plugged in.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Not the subject of this thread, but I weep for this. I just bought a 20 year old Jeep, and it's actually been fun doing some of the maintenance on it, teaching my kids the basics with it, etc. A Jeep prior to 2008 is the epitome of "off the shelf" parts, and one of the easiest cars I've ever put work in to. I wish that there was more separation in our trucks between the tech devices and the "car" parts. The integration probably makes them a bit cheaper to produce, but $2000 for a taillight is just ridiculous.
Not a prepper, but I do like the idea of having a car that is not subject to software. I just canceled my Grenadier order. The dealer told me it was going to be a collector. I think the days of collector vehicles are over…unless the vehicle comes with an IT department that likes to dabble in 40 year old code. In a strange way, the pace of technical progress leads to more disposable products, and not just cars.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Re: Part # by VIN; When I tried to make an appointment for the BMS replacement they did say that the parts in these trucks are so specific that they have to give Ford the VIN and Ford sends them the part for that exact truck. The days of shelves full of parts are coming to an end. Maybe not for gas caps, but anything more refined…

The adapter should be universal, though. Tracking by VIN so they know who gets one and who got one I guess.
Actually, that's specifically to stop dealerships from ordering parts that they shouldn't be when they are scarce. In other words, "do you have a specific vehicle"? Yes, and Ford agrees so they ship it.

The HVBJB for the Mach-E is like that. The taillight bar for the Lightning was like that.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
[
Not a prepper, but I do like the idea of having a car that is not subject to software. I just canceled my Grenadier order. The dealer told me it was going to be a collector. I think the days of collector vehicles are over…unless the vehicle comes with an IT department that likes to dabble in 40 year old code. In a strange way, the pace of technical progress leads to more disposable products, and not just cars.
I disagree on a lot of levels. My biggest disagreement is that EVs are disposable, I feel quite the contrary. I see EVs like old airplanes that keep getting rebuilt over and over again. EVs are just built better than old gas cars plus they should never be subjected to clunker buy back programs.

As far as technology goes, old mechanics were resistant to the new technology because they had to learn new stuff but the younger generations should not have such resistance. Most complicated things become pretty easy once you’re willing to invest the time to learn. I’m waiting for the younger generations to start championing EVs as their transportation mode of choice.

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Tesla is the only one who will throw the switch. And I suspect we are all going to be very disappointed that they are only going to open up select chargers where they think it will not affect their customer base's opinion of others using their SCs. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the way I see it going. Because once a SC is open, They can't control who uses it. All brands have equal access under the CCS standard.
They're under a contract with Ford. They can't pull that chicanery. If they do a Lucy with the football here, there will be costly legal ramifications. The reality is that Tesla needs this deal to help pay for the Supercharger build out. There's no altruism here. They will be charging us through the nose to use the Superchargers. They need the money.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
[

I disagree on a lot of levels. My biggest disagreement is that EVs are disposable, I feel quite the contrary. I see EVs like old airplanes that keep getting rebuilt over and over again. EVs are just built better than old gas cars plus they should never be subjected to clunker buy back programs.

As far as technology goes, old mechanics were resistant to the new technology because they had to learn new stuff but the younger generations should not have such resistance. Most complicated things become pretty easy once you’re willing to invest the time to learn. I’m waiting for the younger generations to start championing EVs as their transportation mode of choice.
The car I was talking about is a gas powered vehicle, but I see your point. The main reason I went to an EV is that I was disgusted with the increasing complexity of gas powered vehicles. The software is is the complex part of the EV and the thing that I pointed out as being the Achilles heel of the Grenadier as a collector.

That said, we have no idea what breakthroughs will occur in the next 40 years that may make EV’s obsolete, and have us rolling our eyes at mining lithium. But a battery hooked to electric motors and a drive train could be made to function without Ford support if needed, I guess.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Because once a SC is open, They can't control who uses it. All brands have equal access under the CCS standard.
The whole reason behind not having access right now is to limit access. Tesla is coordinating with Ford to give us exclusive access via the BlueOval network. No electrons flow until Tesla knows who to charge. Ford vehicles tell Tesla to charge our BlueOval account, we get electrons. Any other CCS vehicle will be told to "go fish" unless activating a MagicDock.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
The whole reason behind not having access right now is to limit access. Tesla is coordinating with Ford to give us exclusive access via the BlueOval network. No electrons flow until Tesla knows who to charge. Ford vehicles tell Tesla to charge our BlueOval account, we get electrons. Any other CCS vehicle will be told to "go fish" unless activating a MagicDock.
Well, the thing with that is, if that’s true, then we’re going to have to pay those ridiculously high prices versus if we buy down the rate with their monthly plan, like, if you’re going on a road trip, it would make sense to do.

if you use the blue oval network to charge with Electrify America, it doesn’t know you have a discounted plan and charges you full rate if you just use plug-in charge via the blue oval network. I hope that’s not the way they end up going.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Well, the thing with that is, if that’s true, then we’re going to have to pay those ridiculously high prices versus if we buy down the rate with their monthly plan, like, if you’re going on a road trip, it would make sense to do.

if you use the blue oval network to charge with Electrify America, it doesn’t know you have a discounted plan and charges you full rate if you just use plug-in charge via the blue oval network. I hope that’s not the way they end up going.
I agree, it's not ideal and I've got my fingers and toes crossed that plug and charge will work without needing to activate via BlueOval (i.e. we can sign up for membership plan, link our vin to the account, and get the discount). We ought to know for sure relatively soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.