• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Well, the link for the adapter ford.com/FastChargingAdapter doesn’t work yet 🤣🤣🤣
If you hit enter 43 times, on the 44th it works.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Would like to see someone from this forum get the update...
this would suck if true. Relying on Ford’s OTA process to get access to a supercharger could take over a year for some people. There’s gonna be a lot of pissed off customers asking dealers to manually update.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
this would suck if true. Relying on Ford’s OTA process to get access to a supercharger could take over a year for some people. There’s gonna be a lot of pissed off customers asking dealers to manually update.
It won’t take over a year. I suspect some aren’t receiving updates because updates that have been received by us Guinea pigs has caused issues. I’d like to think once you receive an update it’s perfect….. but who knows…

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
It won’t take over a year. I suspect some aren’t receiving updates because updates that have been received by us Guinea pigs has caused issues. I’d like to think once you receive an update it’s perfect….. but who knows…
I see stories all over the forum about people not getting any updates for a long time or never getting one since they bought their truck.

I get that there could be bugs in the latest software but there’s no reason for some owners to be running 4.XX when 6.XX has been out for a while and 7.XX is almost here.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I see stories all over the forum about people not getting any updates for a long time or never getting one since they bought their truck.

I get that there could be bugs in the latest software but there’s no reason for some owners to be running 4.XX when 6.XX has been out for a while and 7.XX is almost here.
A big majority of those were with '23 model trucks, but that jam seems to have broken for many over the last 2 weeks. Ford has SW flying everywhere right now.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Tesla is the only one who will throw the switch. And I suspect we are all going to be very disappointed that they are only going to open up select chargers where they think it will not affect their customer base's opinion of others using their SCs. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the way I see it going. Because once a SC is open, They can't control who uses it. All brands have equal access under the CCS standard.
There’s an authentication protocol. If the software on your vehicle doesn’t authenticate properly, it won’t charge.

In the same way, Tesla has long been blocking specific cars after they’ve been salvaged and rebuilt. If they can block a specific vehicles, they can block an entire brand.

That said, I suspect Tesla is opening it for revenue first and foremost. I suspect once they start generating revenue they’ll offer free supercharging again to their customers to then boost sales. A two part process that brings cash flow as well as boost sales. I don’t think Tesla wants to limit any brands from access.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Would like to see someone from this forum get the update...
It would be deleted as it would be EAP…

But hypothetically let’s say someone did get it as a part of EAP. I’m not sure how such a person would be able to actually test it and provide feedback without access to an adapter. Seems silly to roll out such an update without also providing the tester with an adapter….
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.