First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The bigger question is what will happen when I have both installed and I plug in. Will the payment process via a card linked to Tesla, or the one in my FordPass App?

I know the Ford plan was to have it work plug and play without needing to register with Tesla, but since I'll probably get my A2Z before the OTA that recognizes my VIN is installed, I'll likely have that installed first, so it will be interesting seeing which one takes priority and actually processes the payments after the OTA finally hits my truck.

All that matters to me in that case is getting the best price.
If you just plug in and charge starts you'll get billed from Ford. Should that process fail, then you may have to default back to the Tesla app.

I think the cheapest price if you are traveling a lot is to sign up for the Tesla monthly plan and then you'll want to initiate manually from the Tesla app. The same as you've had to do for Ford. I hope and believe Tesla will be able to pass that to Ford in some manner so you'd get the cheaper billing through Ford, but only time will tell I guess.
Sponsored

rony05

First Name
Rony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
IMO we should not sweat over estimate shipping. It's doesn't make any sense.
My number is 9700 and shipping in July.
So it would mean they ship only 3300 per month from April.
But than there are orders no. 40.000s with shipping estimate in August.
So from July to August they would have to fill in 30000 orders.
No sense what so ever.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
If you just plug in and charge starts you'll get billed from Ford. Should that process fail, then you may have to default back to the Tesla app.

I think the cheapest price if you are traveling a lot is to sign up for the Tesla monthly plan and then you'll want to initiate manually from the Tesla app. The same as you've had to do for Ford. I hope and believe Tesla will be able to pass that to Ford in some manner so you'd get the cheaper billing through Ford, but only time will tell I guess.
That's in a perfect world.

The trouble is, as far as I know we need a relatively new OTA update and from what I can see in the App and on my dashboard, I haven't had an update since October, so chances are the SuperChargers will not recognize me.

IMO we should not sweat over estimate shipping. It's doesn't make any sense.
My number is 9700 and shipping in July.
So it would mean they ship only 3300 per month from April.
But than there are orders no. 40.000s with shipping estimate in August.
So from July to August they would have to fill in 30000 orders.
No sense what so ever.
I'm not willing to take the chance, so I ordered the A2Z to ensure I can be ready for the summer. Worst case, I'm out $200 and I have a backup in case I lose or break one.

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron
I got the OTA update in the truck, and updated the Tesla app and FordPass yesterday. Plug & Charge is on.

Went to my local Supercharger last night with my A2Z adapter, plugged in, and got “Plugged in and not charging” in FordPass.

Double checked the adapter, fired up the Tesla app, picked the station number, and it fired right up. Don’t know if I needed to wait a bit longer for Plug & Charge, but it worked.

The only unusual thing about the experience (aside from easing the front bumper right up to the charging pedestal) was the lack of interest from other drivers. I don’t DC charge all that often, but there has always been a little chat between drivers, asking questions about different vehicles or charging experiences. Showed off the frunk more than once. This Supercharger station was mostly full, and a couple of cars came and went while I was there. None of the Tesla drivers were interested in the pickup truck that was plugging in and charging (and restricting access to the next pedestal). I guess the novelty has worn off.
That is good to know. How was your rate of charge with the A2Z adapter?

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
The trouble is, as far as I know we need a relatively new OTA update and from what I can see in the App and on my dashboard, I haven't had an update since October, so chances are the SuperChargers will not recognize me.
You only need the new OTA update for plug and charge. If you don't have it, you can still initiate the charge through FordPass app manually.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Very disappointed that in the App or on screen that the Tesla logo isn't used for Tesla chargers. I know they want a ubiquitous network, but I just want chargers that work. Show me that at a glance when I see multiple options. I know if you touch the icon it shows at the bottom what the charger is, but that takes too much and just shows more of the ways Ford continues to fail us. Make it easy, use the logo of the company that the charger belongs to.

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 132 kwh
Still have not been able to reserve the adapter. Keep getting an OOPS error message going into connected services from my Ford Pass app, or from the web, after logging in. Anytime, day or night

I called customer support and they said I needed to join the Blue Oval network. I thought I had, but apparently not based on my VIN.

How do I do that? Go into connected services and... Lol

Catch 22....

Anyone else having the same problem?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Still have not been able to reserve the adapter. Keep getting an OOPS error message going into connected services from my Ford Pass app, or from the web, after logging in. Anytime, day or night

I called customer support and they said I needed to join the Blue Oval network. I thought I had, but apparently not based on my VIN.

Catch 22....

Use a desktop/laptop web browser, go to Ford.com, then sign into your account and go to Your name Account, Connected services, Blue Oval Charge Network, Add a card.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709475075450
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709475181049

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709475269071

Once this is done, activate plug & charge in your Fordpass app
Vehicle > Charging > Blue Oval Network > Plug & Charge > Switch ON

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709475475289

Give it a day, to see if the PROMPT to order automatically comes up the next time you visit Connected Services on either FORD.COM or Ford Pass > Account Connected Services

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709475735834

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro

Catch 22....

I've also had to call Ford and no one knows why I can't reserve. Everything is in place but it just fails. I owe them another call next week to escalate.

Sponsored

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Use a desktop/laptop web browser, go to Ford.com, then sign into your account and go to Your name Account, Connected services, Blue Oval Charge Network, Add a card.

1709475075450.png
1709475181049.png

1709475269071.png

Once this is done, activate plug & charge in your Fordpass app
Vehicle > Charging > Blue Oval Network > Plug & Charge > Switch ON

1709475475289.png

Give it a day, to see if the PROMPT to order automatically comes up the next time you visit Connected Services on either FORD.COM or Ford Pass > Account Connected Services

1709475735834.png
Yeah, I tried all that on my Laptop as well. Just tried again, and getting the same error message as I do on my app, and tablet.

It happens after I click on Connected Services, while it's trying to populate the page with all the services options. I see them, but it errors out before the button selections become available

Thanks for the reply, though!

Last edited:

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've also had to call Ford and no one knows why I can't reserve. Everything is in place but it just fails. I owe them another call next week to escalate.
Let me know if you get it resolved. I'll do the same

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I tried all that on my Laptop as well. Just tried again, and getting the same error message as I do on my app, and tablet.
Did you try alternate web browsers, several folks were successful with Edge on windows systems

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you try alternate web browsers, several folks were successful with Edge on windows systems
Ok, tried it. Same result.
Weird, and frustrating.

I even tried viewing the page source to see if I could find a link that goes directly to the Blue Oval Sign up page without going through the Connected Devices dashboard.

Last edited:

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
Is it possible someone else has used that VIN? My son and I are on the title of our PRO. When I was in the rush to request the adapter, I asked my son to help on his laptop. I got thru first, and he did just later, and he got the OPPS message.
Sponsored