• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
blame?
‘what’s this?
you can buy an adapter.
you don’t have to use the Tesla charge network

these are choices.
"Blame" is a perfectly good word in this case. There is a delay. Shipping estimates have been pushed back by months. It is fair to say we "blame" whatever entity is causing the delay. Even if we are overall still feeling positive about the whole situation.

I would cut Ford more slack if we were officially allowed to use third party adapters. But we are not. They promised access to Superchargers but have not delivered.
Sponsored

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I received an email from Ford yesterday about the '24 Flash and in the email they made a big deal about having access to the Tesla Superchargers...and therein lies the rub...they hype up the access yet provide limited "official" access to them...coincidentally...my truck is telling me tonight at 1 a.m. I will receive the plug and charge Tesla update...

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
Well, this delay has been a godsend for A2Z. 💰💰💰
Even though my Ford adapter was originally scheduled for June delivery, I got my A2Z adapter as a backup, hedging my bets that it was going to be a while before I saw my “gift” from Ford. No doubt A2Z’s sold thousands and thousands of these to everyone waiting on Ford and Tesla to get their shit together. Now as other automakers get access to Tesla SC’s, A2Z has additional revenue streams. Good for them!…

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
@petewatts
couple things funny about your post.

a day late with the info.

force you to buy - this a choice regardless if Ford provides or not. You don’t have to use Tesla charge network.

the majority of buyers bought never thinking Tesla network would be an option. Probably a small % of reasoning to say I’ll buy a lightning because I can charge on Tesla network.

it’s free from a company that’s losing hundreds of millions on ev’s.

keep the laughs coming.
BS. I believe a large percentage of owners purchased because of the agreement with Tesla. I know I went shopping for a Lightning as soon as the announcement was made. I love my truck but regret buying it.

Sponsored

ll214zy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes it must be annoying to be so early in line but still not shipped due to living in a second class country 😂

I hope (since they seem to have bumped everyone's estimate to September, no extra month for Canada) that they are expecting to ship a really big batch to both countries in September. But that's just wild speculation

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
FMC frequently likes to ask in their surveys something to the effect: is FMC a company you can trust? This is the second Ford vehicle I’ve owned, and I do enjoy the truck, but good lord @Ford Motor Company, you have a real knack for letting your customers down around about the 1-2 year mark.
Frankly…I just think this is embarrassing for such an enormous company that’s literal job is manufacturing: most of us ordered these in February…FEBRUARY. That’s 8 months until the new expected arrival (which I suspect will get pushed again). Meanwhile…A2Z is pushing theirs out like hotcakes.

Now…to be clear…I agree there is plenty of blame to go around on this one (yes, Elon I’m looking at you). Ford made a wise decision to partner with Tesla for access to the Supercharger network, but I guess we shouldn’t be surprised these timelines weren’t real.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Ford has done it again. I got on the list for delivery of the adapter in May, which was delayed until June, then July and now they’ve skipped August and now are saying it’s September. Anyone else get the impression they are going to stop shipping them and force us to go buy them?
As I quoted below, don’t waste your time waiting, especially if you travel a lot with your truck. Get the A2Z Typhoon adaptor.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September IMG_1253

Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
First off I am as frustrated as everyone else I ordered mine as soon as I could when I purchased the truck! I assume that Tesla is making them?? So my thoughts are that Ford relied on Tesla as far as the timeline, Tesla is well known for their accuracy with timelines!! I don’t Believe they have ever had one thing done on an original timeline. So in summary, I think Ford’s biggest mistake was relying on Tesla, which puts Ford in a difficult situation. Hey, I could be completely wrong and have all the facts wrong but… kind of like investing in the market they always say past performance is no indication of future performance but in this case, I think it’s right on! So based on that, I expect mine to get here within the next two years!
Peace out

Crullbri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Semi Retired, Part time Handyman
Ordered mine in February, now says September.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
Ford has done it again. I got on the list for delivery of the adapter in May, which was delayed until June, then July and now they’ve skipped August and now are saying it’s September. Anyone else get the impression they are going to stop shipping them and force us to go buy them?
No.
Sponsored