Sponsored

NACS to CCS adapters to ship in January

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
From my understanding, charging will not be on the Tesla app and SCs will never be displayed under “Charge your non-Tesla”. The reason for this being that if opened on the app, anyone would be able to pull up and charge their non-Tesla; there is no way to verify what car you own. To ensure a phased rollout, such as to Ford and GM first, then to other OEMs successively, authentication will be done through Fordpass. In other words, if you want to charge at a supercharger, you wont find it on the Tesla app. You can only unlock it on Fordpass. This way, Tesla ensures that only Ford customers have access to it. Same with whatever app GM has.
Hopefully they allow integration that will recognize the membership pricing.
Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hopefully they allow integration that will recognize the membership pricing.
I wouldnt count on it being that plug and charge doesnt recognize EA pass pricing. At this point, ill take it without the membership pricing and hope they can fix it in the future. But who knows what Ford is doing right now.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
I have that same app and my credit card is all set but this is specifically for magic docking and not any Tesla supercharger that you choose to use the adapter with. Am I confused or am I to assume that this is for any Tesla Supercharger for any Supercharger stall?
Those are the only ones with the hardware to do it. If all V3/V4 have the software to do it and you have the hardware with you to do it then it should just be a switch they change to let you select one and turn it on. None are on yet except the ones with the magic dock.

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Those are the only ones with the hardware to do it. If all V3/V4 have the software to do it and you have the hardware with you to do it then it should just be a switch they change to let you select one and turn it on. None are on yet except the ones with the magic dock.
exactly my point as to not purchase the adapter until they turn it on

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I have seen this but don't know how Tesla will charge us when using it on a Supercharger. Don't they have to set up a whole new system or do we just plug and play and use the Tesla app to somehow let them charge us for the use?
Tesla is ready for billing and they already do it. Download their App and set up your account. They already have Superchargers with Magic Docks. You pull up, open their app, tell them which pedestal you are at, it will activate, plug in, you charge, they bill you.

When they allow us to use the other chargers, it will very likely work identically to this. I'm going on record as day 1 we will not have plug and play charging through the Ford network.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
From my understanding, charging will not be on the Tesla app and SCs will never be displayed under “Charge your non-Tesla”. The reason for this being that if opened on the app, anyone would be able to pull up and charge their non-Tesla; there is no way to verify what car you own. To ensure a phased rollout, such as to Ford and GM first, then to other OEMs successively, authentication will be done through Fordpass. In other words, if you want to charge at a supercharger, you wont find it on the Tesla app. You can only unlock it on Fordpass. This way, Tesla ensures that only Ford customers have access to it. Same with whatever app GM has.
I'm not sure how they will do it, but it will be just the opposite. Tesla won't let 3rd parties have access until they are well proven. They won't allow the EA kind of experience on their network.

I don't think I've heard of any priority roll out to Ford and GM first. It could happen, but it will still happen on the Tesla app, not Ford.

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
I'm not sure how they will do it, but it will be just the opposite. Tesla won't let 3rd parties have access until they are well proven. They won't allow the EA kind of experience on their network.

I don't think I've heard of any priority roll out to Ford and GM first. It could happen, but it will still happen on the Tesla app, not Ford.
? It’s going to be bank for Tesla. They are charging a 50% premium vs Tesla cars and it’s still the same or less than what Ford/EA is charging, plus you can be fairly sure the chargers will work. They’ll make $12 ish every time a non-Tesla charges.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I believe the sequencing of the rollout is based on who signed onto adopt NACS first, hence Ford and then GM. There was a chart floating around somewhere here or on the MME forum showing when Ford signed to adopt NACS and who followed suit after.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I believe the sequencing of the rollout is based on who signed onto adopt NACS first, hence Ford and then GM. There was a chart floating around somewhere here or on the MME forum showing when Ford signed to adopt NACS and who followed suit after.
Interesting to hear. Ford was the first announcement, I've just not heard of any priority roll out.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Interesting to hear. Ford was the first announcement, I've just not heard of any priority roll out.
A Tesla rep stated that Ford will roll out first, starting in Feb.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
To be specific, Tesla's Charging Infrastructure Design Manager, not a Joe Schmo.
Yet people keep saying "it's not official, it's not official!"

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Still checking Ford Accessories page and nada on the adapter.

Will wait till it's available thru Ford as I have points to pay for the adapter...