• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key fails after FordPass update

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I came out to my truck and PAAK wasn't working to unlock my door, so I pulled out my phone to see what was going on and find the FordPass app automatically updated on my Android phone. The UI is completely new now and it wasn't connecting to my truck. Luckily I had a code set up on the door and to start to the truck otherwise I'd be stuck. Now I'm back home where I have the key trying to re-pair my phone with PAAK and it's not connecting. Not sure what to do now. I tried resetting PAAK from the console and it fails every time. I guess I'll need to carry around a key until this gets resolved.
Sponsored

Fulgur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER with Max Tow
Happened to me today after new FordPass was updated, and restarting the phone fixed the issue.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Happened to me today after new FordPass was updated, and restarting the phone fixed the issue.
Tried that but it didn't work.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I came out to my truck and PAAK wasn't working to unlock my door, so I pulled out my phone to see what was going on and find the FordPass app automatically updated on my Android phone. The UI is completely new now and it wasn't connecting to my truck.
Is this a version 5.x.x of Ford Pass?

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Interesting that you said the user interface was "new", when I updated to 4.37.0 several days ago it looked 99% similar to the prior version.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting that you said the user interface was "new", when I updated to 4.37.0 several days ago it looked 99% similar to the prior version.
Here's the new UI. There is an option to go back to the old one but that's one still has PAAK broken for me.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key fails after FordPass update SmartSelect_20240514_211548_FordPass
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key fails after FordPass update SmartSelect_20240514_211745_FordPass

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Machinist Technician
I'm fairly new to the game. Just purchased 2023 lightning last week. I setup the app and have my phone as a key. I'm using the latest update and it seems to be working fine. I have a galaxy s23 ultra. Maybe try to delete phone connection from truck completely and then try to set it up.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm fairly new to the game. Just purchased 2023 lightning last week. I setup the app and have my phone as a key. I'm using the latest update and it seems to be working fine. I have a galaxy s23 ultra. Maybe try to delete phone connection from truck completely and then try to set it up.
I just upgraded to an S24-Ultra, all is working fine, I wasn't offered the test 5.0.0 link that only a random set of folks are seeing, happy to stay with a relatively stable 4.37.0

Sponsored

simonmeagher

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
I came out to my truck and PAAK wasn't working to unlock my door, so I pulled out my phone to see what was going on and find the FordPass app automatically updated on my Android phone. The UI is completely new now and it wasn't connecting to my truck. Luckily I had a code set up on the door and to start to the truck otherwise I'd be stuck. Now I'm back home where I have the key trying to re-pair my phone with PAAK and it's not connecting. Not sure what to do now. I tried resetting PAAK from the console and it fails every time. I guess I'll need to carry around a key until this gets resolved.
Same issue here. Was working perfectly for 1yr... Up until latest update 1-2 weeks ago (4.37). Using a Samsung S23. Very annoying!! 😡

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Dang, hopefully I don't get this update. Currently a thousand miles from home and no key fob. Confidence in PaaK is pretty high so far!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
At a minimum if you log into your account - just use the unlock button in the app. It's there on the screen shot you show. You shouldn't be stranded.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At a minimum if you log into your account - just use the unlock button in the app. It's there on the screen shot you show. You shouldn't be stranded.
Yeah I could have still gotten in with the app, just wouldn't have been and to start it without that backup code.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got in the phone with support and went through resetting everything from the console and the app but no luck. They escalated it to the next level of support but said they'd get back to me in 3-5 days.
Sponsored