• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone As A Key problem.

Docmaverick

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I set up my iPhone as a PAAK. Everything looks good, except it don’t work. Can someone tell me which Bluetooth connection is for PAAK? I show a (last 5 digits of the vin) F-150 and a Ford F-150 Lightning as BT connections. I would assume the one for PAAK would always be available even when the truck is off….?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Docmaverick

Docmaverick

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Never mind. Found the answer by playing around. And apparently my phone works as PAAK. It just doesn’t have all the features that I have read about PAAK should have , like unlocking the doors when you walk up to it. ( I think)

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
It just doesn’t have all the features that I have read about PAAK should have , like unlocking the doors when you walk up to it. ( I think)
Has never done that. It *might* wake up (courtesy lights come - hit or miss) but not unlock.

Like a fob, it will unlock if you touch the inside of the door handle.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Has never done that.
I wonder if OP read about it in reference to the MachE. Because the MachE push button pops the door open, the only difference between locked and unlocked is if that button works or not. So it effectively unlocks when you walk up the same as our truck does, by activating the touch sensor, but the effect is very different.

Sponsored

ktom

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightening, model Y
Occupation
Self employed
PAAK in this product is a joke. I have installed, re installed the PAAK 14 times!!

On our tesla, once.

The few times I have depended on it almost left me stranded. Good thing I could remember the door code and the start password otherwise it would have been a phone call to the wife asking her to bring the key. PS the start code won't work, for me, if the door is open.

Sometimes I have to be right up on the truck for it to recognize the phone, other times it will find it 15 feet away. The key fob never fails.

This implementation doesn't have walk away lock. Even though everyone says that it is supposed to. If it did have walk away lock, would it be smart enough to allow you to disable it at home? If I am parking in my own garage, I don't need it to lock. Again tesla does this.

I used to call and hound the ford pass people relentlessly about the PAAK. I have given up. I don't expect this feature ever being a good as it should be.

PAAK, is the backup to the key fob which always works.

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
PAAK in this product is a joke. I have installed, re installed the PAAK 14 times!!

On our tesla, once.

The few times I have depended on it almost left me stranded. Good thing I could remember the door code and the start password otherwise it would have been a phone call to the wife asking her to bring the key. PS the start code won't work, for me, if the door is open.

Sometimes I have to be right up on the truck for it to recognize the phone, other times it will find it 15 feet away. The key fob never fails.

This implementation doesn't have walk away lock. Even though everyone says that it is supposed to. If it did have walk away lock, would it be smart enough to allow you to disable it at home? If I am parking in my own garage, I don't need it to lock. Again tesla does this.

I used to call and hound the ford pass people relentlessly about the PAAK. I have given up. I don't expect this feature ever being a good as it should be.

PAAK, is the backup to the key fob which always works.
You joined a few days ago to post this rant? Why do I have a hard time believing you are anything but a troll Tesla stockholder?

I have PAAK enabled on a truck my brother owns. I show up and use it every few MONTHS. I have crappy tmobile service in middle of nowhere.

It works flawlessly every time.

There.

ktom

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightening, model Y
Occupation
Self employed
There are some things that tesla does better, PAAK, is one of them. I didn't install/re install 14 times on the ford because it worked. If I owned a polestar that had PAAK that worked better than ford's, the conversation would be the same. I have another vehicle that is in the same class as the ford and I have the opportunity to make these comparisons.

We drive the truck twice as often as we drive the tesla. Why? Because it is great vehicle. Quiet, quick and comfortable. It has cooling seats! Below 60 mph, I would wager that it is quieter than the tesla. It works as the truck I need it to. It replaced the 1997 ford truck that I bought new. The vehicle has never let me down as vehicle. But the software, leaves a lot to be desired.

I have sent a 6 page rant to ford, not about the truck, but about the app and the software. Some of the rants have nothing to with a comparison to tesla.

After 1.5 years of getting nothing from Ford, I joined this group to see if others have any of the same issues I do. PAAK is one of them.

I am very happy PAAK works for you. How many others fall in that category?

Troll tesla stockholder? I own 0 dollars of tesla stock.

ktom

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightening, model Y
Occupation
Self employed
You joined a few days ago to post this rant? Why do I have a hard time believing you are anything but a troll Tesla stockholder?

I have PAAK enabled on a truck my brother owns. I show up and use it every few MONTHS. I have crappy tmobile service in middle of nowhere.

There.

Just went out today. No key fob, just the phone. No unlock. Broken again.

There.

You are truly a lucky man.. or your truck is truly a diamond in the rough. Or my truck is Friday after 2 beer lunch truck. 5 minutes ago, with just the phone. No unlock. PAAK dead again.
Sponsored