• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power Followed by 3 more issues.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E premium, Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Arborist
I have been getting these warning messages, and then followed by these others. Truck drives fine, other than I lose cruise control. Turn it off and back and and sometimes they go away. Here recently its happened 4 times in a day. I’m at 56k miles and it’s been a little buggy at times, but overall it’s been great! I cleaned the truck, Should check something else?

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power Followed by 3 more issues. IMG_0847
Sponsored

JohnsonEJ23

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
I got the powertrain warning at about 3k miles, and it freaked me out. I had no loss of power though and it turned out it was just the motor that moves the shifter (like to retract it to use the work surface or to shift to park automatically when you shut off the vehicle). Dealer replaced the shifter under warranty and it fixed it. Sounds like it has been a pretty common issue on all 150 types. When I first got my truck I was getting warnings randomly about parking/collision sensors being unavailable. Dealer did a software update on a particular module that fixed that one...

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Talk to your dealer, if you have connectivity on then they will have a history of codes that you don't see that may be able to pinpoint the cause. Multiple unrelated faults usually lead to poor electrical connections.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Talk to your dealer, if you have connectivity on then they will have a history of codes that you don't see that may be able to pinpoint the cause. Multiple unrelated faults usually lead to poor electrical connections.
I think so too, possibly electrical issue, 12v battery issue could be the cause as well - they have been an issue with some owners.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have been getting these warning messages, and then followed by these others. Truck drives fine, other than I lose cruise control. Turn it off and back and and sometimes they go away. Here recently its happened 4 times in a day. I’m at 56k miles and it’s been a little buggy at times, but overall it’s been great! I cleaned the truck, Should check something else?

IMG_0847.jpeg
Can you send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage? I would like to take a closer look at this error message issue on my end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jrdelong1043

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E premium, Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Arborist
Message sent. Thanks!

waller85

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 Lightning
Occupation
electrician
Any updates on this we’re in the same boat
Been to the dealer twice since new
Brake booster replaced last time and 30 days later here we are again.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power Followed by 3 more issues. IMG_7548

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Any updates on this we’re in the same boat
Been to the dealer twice since new
Brake booster replaced last time and 30 days later here we are again.

IMG_7548.png
Hi there, Christopher. This powertrain fault concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

waller85

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 Lightning
Occupation
electrician
Hi there, Christopher. This powertrain fault concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
All ready did yesterday. Here’s the strange thing. It’s gone today and wife drove it 80 miles.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power Followed by 3 more issues. IMG_7564

salimbarut

First Name
Salim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 23 XLT
Same thing popped up this morning, 23 XLT SR with 2.5k miles.
Same errors. I just parked the car, will check back later if they’re gone or not.
Already sent you a message @Ford Motor Company with my VIN.

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power Followed by 3 more issues. Image

Sponsored

waller85

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 Lightning
Occupation
electrician
Anyone have an update on this? We’re going to try and get the truck in next week but without a loaner we’re up a creek and it will probably just sit at the dealership for a month before they even touch it.

JohnsonEJ23

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
My dealership service writer was able to look up exactly what was wrong in their system via my VIN without touching my truck. He ordered a new shifter to fix the issue. Once in, I dropped my truck off and picked it up later that day all fixed up.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone have an update on this? We’re going to try and get the truck in next week but without a loaner we’re up a creek and it will probably just sit at the dealership for a month before they even touch it.
Hi there, Christopher. This powertrain concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Should you need further assistance, please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer and I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

salimbarut

First Name
Salim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 23 XLT
Hi there, Christopher. This powertrain concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Should you need further assistance, please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer and I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
I did the same thing, and here is the answer I got from you. If I may ask, what is the reason for you to ask if you are going to tell me to go to a dealer?

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power Followed by 3 more issues. 1725544153305-ub

salimbarut

First Name
Salim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 23 XLT
I didn't have a power loss when I got them. I was able to drive, so I was able to get back home. I didn't have them when I started the truck an hour later (thank God).

I hate the feeling of "What if I have it again, right now, in the middle of a trip with a 2-year-old?" but I guess that's something I have to live with.
Sponsored