• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
It does not show in your OTA history. If that is the update for the Tesla chargers, your truck does show a pending OBCC update, so if that is what you're looking for, then no it has not been sent yet.
Thanks. Yes, that’s the Tesla Plug and Charge update. I tried to P&C yesterday with my newly received adapter and it failed. Not having the update explains why it failed.
Thanks again for checking.
Sponsored

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Kia Niro PHEV
Hello Javier - Somebody elsewhere on the forum sent me to this thread, and I see that you have been incredibly generous with your time, helping owners with checks on their OTA status. I got my 23 XLT back from the dealer this morning. The dealer tells me that I received the latest update last night, and there are no further updates available. However, my display does not show the analog SOC status next to the bar graph, as others have had since an update some months ago. Also, my calm screen has disappeared, so I can't check SOC there. Would you be so kind as to check VIN 1FT6W1EV3PWG53027 to see if I have actually received the latest update? Thank you very much, and bless you for providing this service so graciously.

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum Agate Black
@rugedraw not sure if you do the MachE ones too but if so I probably had you check my VIN for it back in the day lol.

Will be picking up a 23 Lightning Platinum this weekend and was hoping you could check the VIN?

1FT6W1EV6PWG28493

Would it be reasonable to request them to complete all these at the dealer prior to me picking it up? Do I simply ask to “apply all FDRS updates” or do I request something else more specific?

Thanks!

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hello Javier - Somebody elsewhere on the forum sent me to this thread, and I see that you have been incredibly generous with your time, helping owners with checks on their OTA status. I got my 23 XLT back from the dealer this morning. The dealer tells me that I received the latest update last night, and there are no further updates available. However, my display does not show the analog SOC status next to the bar graph, as others have had since an update some months ago. Also, my calm screen has disappeared, so I can't check SOC there. Would you be so kind as to check VIN 1FT6W1EV3PWG53027 to see if I have actually received the latest update? Thank you very much, and bless you for providing this service so graciously.
You did get an update 2 days ago that is a recent one, but that does not mean you don't have other modules with pending updates. In your case, I need to look in FDRS to see if you are showing an pending IPC update, so remind me after 7pm eastern when I'm home to check.

As far as the calm screen, I am not sure. I don't have an EV so I am not even sure what that is.

@rugedraw not sure if you do the MachE ones too but if so I probably had you check my VIN for it back in the day lol.

Will be picking up a 23 Lightning Platinum this weekend and was hoping you could check the VIN?

1FT6W1EV6PWG28493

Would it be reasonable to request them to complete all these at the dealer prior to me picking it up? Do I simply ask to “apply all FDRS updates” or do I request something else more specific?

Thanks!

Maybe....I am on the Mach E forum, too.

Truck is on Sync 22326 which is a bit old at this point. You can ask, but I would not have high hopes they do any updates. The service department does not do anything for free for the sales department and Ford does not pay dealer to update modules just because there are updates pending. Your truck has hours and hours worth of work to update everything that is pending and no tech is going to do that for free.

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe....I am on the Mach E forum, too.

Truck is on Sync 22326 which is a bit old at this point. You can ask, but I would not have high hopes they do any updates. The service department does not do anything for free for the sales department and Ford does not pay dealer to update modules just because there are updates pending. Your truck has hours and hours worth of work to update everything that is pending and no tech is going to do that for free.
Dang okay thanks for the info!

Is basically the only option to just get it home and hope that it starts applying OTAs that way?

they are desperate for it to sell so I thought maybe they could have it be updated as a condition of sale lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Dang okay thanks for the info!

Is basically the only option to just get it home and hope that it starts applying OTAs that way?

they are desperate for it to sell so I thought maybe they could have it be updated as a condition of sale lol.
It won't hurt to ask. but this is what I think will happen: When the salesman or sales manager goes to talk to service and tells them they need the truck updated to sell it, they will say they will do it and let the truck sit for a few days and then tell them they updated everything when in reality they didn't do a damn thing. Salesman and sales manager won't know any better because they have access to everything I have access to, but don't know how to use it because they don't need it to do their jobs. They will call you to tell you everything is done and then you'll be back here to ask if they did everything and I am going to tell you they didn't do shit and then you're gonna be pissed and take it out on your salesman who is the one who was lied to.

Or, you get lucky and they actually do them. I'm 97.3% sure they won't do anything though.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
It won't hurt to ask. but this is what I think will happen: When the salesman or sales manager goes to talk to service and tells them they need the truck updated to sell it, they will say they will do it and let the truck sit for a few days and then tell them they updated everything when in reality they didn't do a damn thing. Salesman and sales manager won't know any better because they have access to everything I have access to, but don't know how to use it because they don't need it to do their jobs. They will call you to tell you everything is done and then you'll be back here to ask if they did everything and I am going to tell you they didn't do shit and then you're gonna be pissed and take it out on your salesman who is the one who was lied to.

Or, you get lucky and they actually do them. I'm 97.3% sure they won't do anything though.
It sounds like you speak from experience.

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Lol that is terrifyingly accurate I feel for most dealers!

HOWEVER I am praying to Thor (is there a God of Lightning instead?) since I called and asked if they could make sure they have all the updates/modules done and the girl said she was looking at it right now in their system and it's got a bunch outstanding.

Good news is that she said that they try to send out each new vehicle with the most up to date software and that it's a part of their sales process to have the vehicle updates done as soon as the forms are signed. She mentioned it may just have to sit all night or something, which is fine by me...so long as they get them in.

We'll see if it all comes to fruition though when I come back to you lol. When I test drove it, it didn't even have the update where your percent is shown on the dash 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
We'll see if it all comes to fruition though when I come back to you lol. When I test drove it, it didn't even have the update where your percent is shown on the dash 🤦‍♂️
You're not alone. That's OTA 6.8.0 which many people have not gotten. As a matter of fact, that particular IPC update is not showing for many people even with FDRS. Assuming your dealer does do all the updates you have pending, you may pick up your truck and find it still doesn't that feature.

Welcome to the update terror dome.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could I get a check for my Lightning XLT ER vin please: 1FT6W1EV2PWG20200?

It should have been updated today - I think?
I see a bunch of modules were updated yesterday and the day before. The modem is unauthorized though, so connected features won't work including Fordpass. VIN appears to be a Canadian spec truck. Are you in the US?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Looks to be down under.
There's a sunshine coast in Canada, too. Probably more if you really look around. The country code his TCU shows is not for the US, so if he is not in the US, that would make sense. Modem may have bever been activated when the truck was purchased. His truck shows several expired OTA's in his history. I can't see any codes though because the truck is not talking to the cloud. Something is wrong with his modem.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
There's a sunshine coast in Canada, too. Probably more if you really look around. The country code his TCU shows is not for the US, so if he is not in the US, that would make sense. Modem may have bever been activated when the truck was purchased. His truck shows several expired OTA's in his history. I can't see any codes though because the truck is not talking to the cloud. Something is wrong with his modem.
Reading through his recent posts, he mentioned being in Australia
Sponsored

Last edited: