Sponsored

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup -- Naturnest RTT IMG_4916

Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup -- Naturnest RTT IMG_4916 copy

Scooped up a Naturnest RTT to do some adventuring. Having the built in electric generator sure does make camping extra nice! Did some solo camping in Hoosier National Forest and had a great time. Coming from my Model Y…it sure is easier to do this kind of stuff with a truck.

Im also attaching a night timedrive way pic and some of the ladder I built to get this 180lb box on the bars. Not nearly as bad as it looks, but I can do it solo with no real struggles.

Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup -- Naturnest RTT IMG_4905

Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup -- Naturnest RTT IMG_4860
Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup -- Naturnest RTT IMG_4861

Bed rack and cover are from an Amazon seller under the brand name bestwyll. Great quality stuff if you are in the market for it!
Sponsored

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ptcoffee.com
Vehicles
2024 Lightning Pro ER Max Tow, 2021 Highlander V6, 2013 Suzuki Wee-Strom
Occupation
Coffee Roasting
I have been contemplating something like your setup vs. a used small tent trailer since I brought my Lightning home last weekend. I have a big travel trailer for trips with the entire family but I want something more nimble and efficient for solo trips or just my son and I. Looks like you have a great setup!

OP
OP
transmutated

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
I’d love a travel camper but I can’t justify storage fees since I’d have to store it since I live in an HOA. I also considered a tent trailer setup as well but I didn’t want to have to deal with the hassle of registration, insurance, and ultimately storage in the garage. This was the perfect compromise in my opinion. Easily holds two adults. I’m 6’1 and was very comfortable. For storage, I plan on building wall storage in the garage for it so it’ll occupy just 7” of depth from the wall but it’ll fill about 5ft x 7ft.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Nice setup.

I have a similar setup with my elevate racks and Thule Tepui tent. My wife hated having to climb down the ladder to go use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

I then get low profile yakima rack and put the tent on top of that so it's much closer to the ground and even still she hates that ladder - lol. I guess north of 50 years old I need to start thinking of a different solution - camper. She was happy the bed based tent though. Plus we have a furry friend but he usually bunks with the kids on a ground tent.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4916 copy.jpg

Scooped up a Naturnest RTT to do some adventuring. Having the built in electric generator sure does make camping extra nice! Did some solo camping in Hoosier National Forest and had a great time. Coming from my Model Y…it sure is easier to do this kind of stuff with a truck.

Im also attaching a night timedrive way pic and some of the ladder I built to get this 180lb box on the bars. Not nearly as bad as it looks, but I can do it solo with no real struggles.

IMG_4905.jpeg

IMG_4860.jpeg
IMG_4861.jpeg

Bed rack and cover are from an Amazon seller under the brand name bestwyll. Great quality stuff if you are in the market for it!
The F-150 Lightning is built for any adventure! And it's awesome to see it embarking on this outdoor adventure!

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4916 copy.jpg

IMG_4905.jpeg

IMG_4860.jpeg
IMG_4861.jpeg

Love your unloading rack. That is one thing I still need to put together for mine, but it will stay on for another month.

How much hit did you see to your efficiency?

Having mine at the bedrail level I have not seen any impact.
Ford F-150 Lightning Rooftop Camping Setup -- Naturnest RTT IMG_6452

As it stick past the tailgate a little, I am thinking of mounting an old tuner wing for the fun of it. 🤣😂