• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the reply, I'd love to know if it can be replicated. My trim is the sync 4a lariat
Just finished my test with truck being plugged in, charge had completed a couple hours prior [12.6 kWh], then let it set until around 5:30, started the remote climate session with the following features switched on [cooled seats], prior to parking the truck I confirmed my trucks basic setup is remote start permitted with 15 minute cycle time and automatic conditioning of cabin / seats / wheel. While the main HVAC console showed Auto-3, AC on/available, last used seat condition was cooling-3.

After letting it run for 15 minutes, I went out to see if the seats were cold or hot, found them to be chilled nicely, pressed the START button to full run status, Sync screen confirms that seat cooling fan-3 active.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720475884721-uf

Interestingly this fifteen minute event pulled in 1.5 kWh of energy over and above the initial charging from 81% to 90%, I suspect the battery ~settled~ during the down time, so the OBCC kicked on for a couple minutes to re-top the battery from a fraction under 90% back to 90% certain, then the remaining energy draw is to replenish the load of the HVAC system compressor, seat, evap and condenser fans.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720476261128-wh
Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720476290142-m3

Just remember most of us are not on consistent software / power-up version, so my truck behaving a certain way doesn't invalidate the negative / less than optimal conditions you have experienced.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Just finished my test with truck being plugged in, charge had completed a couple hours prior [12.6 kWh], then let it set until around 5:30, started the remote climate session with the following features switched on [cooled seats], prior to parking the truck I confirmed my trucks basic setup is remote start permitted with 15 minute cycle time and automatic conditioning of cabin / seats / wheel. While the main HVAC console showed Auto-3, AC on/available, last used seat condition was cooling-3.

After letting it run for 15 minutes, I went out to see if the seats were cold or hot, found them to be chilled nicely, pressed the START button to full run status, Sync screen confirms that seat cooling fan-3 active.

1720475884721-uf.png

Interestingly this fifteen minute event pulled in 1.5 kWh of energy over and above the initial charging from 81% to 90%, I suspect the battery ~settled~ during the down time, so the OBCC kicked on for a couple minutes to re-top the battery from a fraction under 90% back to 90% certain, then the remaining energy draw is to replenish the load of the HVAC system compressor, seat, evap and condenser fans.

1720476261128-wh.png
1720476290142-m3.png

Just remember most of us are not on consistent software / power-up version, so my truck behaving a certain way doesn't invalidate the negative / less than optimal conditions you have experienced.
Thank you for your detailed write up - and I must apologize as I have left out an important piece of information. The symptom I describe is not when I request the climate from the app at some random moment in time while plugged in, but rather the scheduled "departure" runtime that, for me, occurs in the morning before I drive to work.
I just remembered that there's a setting for the temperature in the departure time and it was that setting that somehow hadn't "stuck" when I changed it months ago. It was working fine for the end of spring/beginning of summer, but somehow it had reverted to the "warm" setting in July.

Maybe I did something where Karma is finding it's way of keeping me in line.... 😂

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for your detailed write up - and I must apologize as I have left out an important piece of information. The symptom I describe is not when I request the climate from the app at some random moment in time while plugged in, but rather the scheduled "departure" runtime that, for me, occurs in the morning before I drive to work.
I just remembered that there's a setting for the temperature in the departure time and it was that setting that somehow hadn't "stuck" when I changed it months ago. It was working fine for the end of spring/beginning of summer, but somehow it had reverted to the "warm" setting in July.

Maybe I did something where Karma is finding it's way of keeping me in line.... 😂
Ahhhhhhhhhhh "rest of the story", have you since been able to get it to operate properly with the "Cool" setting while plugged in?

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Ahhhhhhhhhhh "rest of the story", have you since been able to get it to operate properly with the "Cool" setting while plugged in?
It worked this morning, but my experience is that it will slip back out of recent settings. I'll update if it happens again, but I would say it happens once a month, on average

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Did a departure timer test this morning, truck was plugged in & already fully charged from Mondays testing, didn't drive the truck Tuesday, still at 90% SOC outside temps low 80's inside garage same.

Set the leave time for 10:30 am, truck started with conditioning cabin at 10:10 and finish alert notification came in at 10:30. Truck was nice and cool, seats & wheel were cold.

The fan icon does not animate like it does with remote start, but you do have the text message that cabin conditioning is in progress.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720628226216-qq
Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720628275209-v1

Energy to chill truck as follows, per Emporia.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720628251780-ir
Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720628304819-0l

The FCSP energy log seems high, note that yesterday it was OFF LINE for many hours and might have erroneous data in this report.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stupid defaults on (new) Fordpass Climate pre-start 1720628466620-5t

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Just to spite me -

100 degree heat here in Central Oregon.

I started the truck yesterday (without pre-activating the climate or pre-conditioning) and the AC started blasting, as it should.

And then I noticed the heated seats & steering wheel were activated!

I think it's the trucks way of voicing its displeasure over me starting this thread....

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just to spite me -

100 degree heat here in Central Oregon.

I started the truck yesterday (without pre-activating the climate or pre-conditioning) and the AC started blasting, as it should.

And then I noticed the heated seats & steering wheel were activated!

I think it's the trucks way of voicing its displeasure over me starting this thread....
So how are you determining that the heated seats and steering wheel come on? I'll have to confirm, but with the big screen those are soft buttons and the screen doesn't come on until I start the truck if I recall. Are you saying that even after you "start" the truck that those remain on?

I'll have to remember to remote start and check it out in just a bit when I leave. TX heat got back up to 96 today, it's warm enough it should behave the same way here. I do know that in my Sync settings I use "Auto", not Last used.

OP
OP

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
So how are you determining that the heated seats and steering wheel come on? I'll have to confirm, but with the big screen those are soft buttons and the screen doesn't come on until I start the truck if I recall. Are you saying that even after you "start" the truck that those remain on?

I'll have to remember to remote start and check it out in just a bit when I leave. TX heat got back up to 96 today, it's warm enough it should behave the same way here. I do know that in my Sync settings I use "Auto", not Last used.
Yes, this time I started the truck normally - and the red icons for heated seat & steering wheel were active

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Latest iPhone app - '22 ER Lariat. I did a remote start and all was good from the app - AC on and Cooled seats. Got in the truck, pressed start, GUI fired up and it all showed accurate - AC on, cooled seats on. No heated steering wheel or seats.
Sponsored