• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tailgate triple beep

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
So I keep wondering if there is a beep list anywhere. If so it would be cool.
what does it mean when the tailgate beeps ( 3x? )and then does not open? It will open on the second press but I keep having it happen with a handful of stuff and have not figured it out.

MODERATOR UPDATE:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/remote-tailgate-release/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
OP
OP
Farmford42

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
I was the more of a formal ford list. But that’s great. I have not used valet mode so it’s not that. Thank you for the link. Went through that thread. My issue is random. It’s not locked. I’ll be loading the truck and walk up with a handful of items, press tailgate button and then it beeps, press again and it will open.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Monitor your use of unlocking the truck and or reliance on PAAK to allow the tailgate to unlock and allow opening, I suspect it's warning you that opening conditions were not met. This could be as random as when PAAK / FOB reader is late recognizing your presence.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tailgate triple beep 1701788103490

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I was the more of a formal ford list. But that’s great. I have not used valet mode so it’s not that. Thank you for the link. Went through that thread. My issue is random. It’s not locked. I’ll be loading the truck and walk up with a handful of items, press tailgate button and then it beeps, press again and it will open.
I have been seeing the same issue and wondered what it was telling me also.

First button push: 3x peeps, 2nd push it opens without a sound. Curious.

I am a PAAK user and have noticed that the lock unlock sensors on my doors work randomly. I suspect it is an issue with the PAAK feature.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Monitor your use of unlocking the truck and or reliance on PAAK to allow the tailgate to unlock and allow opening, I suspect it's warning you that opening conditions were not met. This could be as random as when PAAK / FOB reader is late recognizing your presence.

1701788103490.png
That all seems to relate to starting the process when the truck is locked.

The OP stated that his truck was not locked. I randomly have this happen as well. My truck sits in my locked garage, truck is not ever locked, fob is in the cup holder. If I press the button on the tailgate, it might open, or it might beep at me. When it beeps, I have to press a second time to open.

It’s almost like sometimes, the truck is “asleep” and the first press is needed to wake it up?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The OP stated that his truck was not locked.
I was composing my reply with research while his follow-up posted before my final cut.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was composing my reply with research while his follow-up posted before my final cut.
Sorry, I wasn’t intending to critique your reply. Only adding context for future viewers of this thread.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Mine does this as well, seems random.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Mine was working fine until about 2 weeks ago. I'm now also seeing the behavior, more often than not. I've never used the valet mode but will look into the other thread.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same - I always thought it was an issue detecting the key fob.
Fob shouldn’t be required when the truck isn’t locked.
I’ve had people open the tailgate when the fob and I were about a mile away and the truck was unlocked.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Fob shouldn’t be required when the truck isn’t locked.
I’ve had people open the tailgate when the fob and I were about a mile away and the truck was unlocked.
Agreed, but I always keep my truck locked so I haven't tested that.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Mine does the same 3 beeps on the 1st push, but I am ok with it. Could it be a safety/scratch warning feature? I park the truck in the garage about 12" from the garage door. If someone accidentally hits the rear tailgate button, I would not want it to open the first time since it would open right into the garage door.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I have been seeing the same issue and wondered what it was telling me also.

First button push: 3x peeps, 2nd push it opens without a sound. Curious.
Mine does the same 3 beeps on the 1st push, but I am ok with it. Could it be a safety/scratch warning feature? I park the truck in the garage about 12" from the garage door. If someone accidentally hits the rear tailgate button, I would not want it to open the first time since it would open right into the garage door.
Mine did the same. I watched it while doing it and it seems the motor always “closes” it prior to attempting to open it. I also noticed that the bedliner made the bumps protrude out enough it was impacting the system wanting to release and open. Reduced the liner back to the paint at the stops and now it opens fine but still try’s to close first🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: