Tesla Destination Charge Question

Triecke

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Looks like you have some filters that would keep this from showing up. Specifically the 71-250kw ’button’.
It doesn't show for me any way I try, filter on or off. There is always a chance I have different filter that I am not aware of.
Sponsored

Athrun88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Avalanche
I am going to preface this by saying I am new to the EV world and looking for some clarification since all my Googling and forum lurking didn't give me a "explain to a 5yo" type answer. Forgive the dumb questions.

1. Am I correct in saying that we need the NACS to CCS1 adapter if we want to use a Tesla Supercharger; however, we only work onthe V3 and V4 types (250kwh)? Even with the adapter, if we plug into a V1 or V2 (150kwh) Supercharger stall, we will not be authorized?

2. Am I correct in saying that if we have a NACS to J1772 adapter, we can use *any* Tesla charger that is not a Supercharger (i.e. my friend's wall charger, hotel/work charger, etc...)?

Currently looking at picking up A2Z's NACS to CCS1 and NACS to J1772 adapters as there's a long turnaround time for Ford shipping out the free adapters.

Thanks in advance!

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I am going to preface this by saying I am new to the EV world and looking for some clarification since all my Googling and forum lurking didn't give me a "explain to a 5yo" type answer. Forgive the dumb questions.

1. Am I correct in saying that we need the NACS to CCS1 adapter if we want to use a Tesla Supercharger; however, we only work onthe V3 and V4 types (250kwh)? Even with the adapter, if we plug into a V1 or V2 (150kwh) Supercharger stall, we will not be authorized?

2. Am I correct in saying that if we have a NACS to J1772 adapter, we can use *any* Tesla charger that is not a Supercharger (i.e. my friend's wall charger, hotel/work charger, etc...)?

Currently looking at picking up A2Z's NACS to CCS1 and NACS to J1772 adapters as there's a long turnaround time for Ford shipping out the free adapters.

Thanks in advance!
All of your answers are basically yes but with a few stipulations

1. yes, BUT, not all V3 chargers are open to the NACS adapter. You still need to use the Tesla app or Plugshare or the Built in Ford app in the truck to find V3 and V4 chargers that will work. It is true that no V1 or V2 charges will work.

2. yes, BUT, Telsa Destinations chargers have an option to be put into a Telsa Only mode. I have never run into one but it is a possibility. Again, check plugshare to find Telsa destination chargers that you want to use and check to comments to see if another users were successful with an adapter.

The A2Z adapters have served me well, you will not be disappointed in them.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Make sure you select the A2Z Destination adapter off the drop down on the Typhoon Pro as it will discount them both. Also there is a forum discount code as well. Don’t recall it, so you may have search it out.

Sponsored

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford

Thanks in advance!
You will need the DC Level 3 NACS to CCS1 A2Z Typhoon Pro adapter to charge your Ford Lightning at eligible Tesla Superchargers.

The AC level 2 A2Z Stellar adapter for Tesla to J-1772 is used at hotels, parking lots, shopping centers and Airbnb with Tesla Destination chargers.

You can bundle the Level 2 adapter - A2Z Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 with the Typhoon Pro Level 3 adapter for $75 additional after discount by using the drop down on the Typhoon Pro page to get both adapters.

Current estimate for A2Z is shipping will take 1-2 weeks for the new Typhoon Pro adapter bundle.

Discount promo code “FORD” is still working and free shipping is also available.

A2Z EV Tesla Supercharger Adapter for Ford - Save 10% / Free Shipping + bundle the A2Z Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 adapter for $75 additional after discount code "FORD".

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Destination Charge Question IMG_8705
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Destination Charge Question IMG_8411
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Destination Charge Question IMG_8412

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Make sure you select the A2Z Destination adapter off the drop down on the Typhoon Pro as it will discount them both. Also there is a forum discount code as well. Don’t recall it, so you may have search it out.
FORDFORUM is the code.