• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
With the announcement of the team layoff, I would not hold my breath that any more V3s will open up that aren't open today. It also raises a big red flag regarding access for other automakers.
Def a concern going forward. Really didn't think this clown would fuck with the superchargers. I bought my lightning only after the SC announcement was made and Ford cut prices. I would not have considered buying without the promise of access to the SCs.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Def a concern going forward. Really didn't think this clown would fuck with the superchargers. I bought my lightning only after the SC announcement was made and Ford cut prices. I would not have considered buying without the promise of access to the SCs.
I've said it before. Elon Musk acts as if he has no idea why Tesla has been successful.

I suspect that they'll end up selling the Supercharger assets to another company or automaker. If Musk didn't want to be in the business, they should have just spun it or sold it with the team.

We'll start seeing the real hit to Supercharger reliability in the coming months. I never thought that we'd be in a world where Electrify America will be the more reliable choice -- yet, that is on deck. In defense of EA, they've really stepped. EVGo is pretty great as well. Who would have thunk that Musk would let the Supercharger network go fallow?

We're lucky that we have options. Many US Tesla owners have cars that require a hardware retrofit to use a CCS adapter. Some, like the Cybertruck, don't have a solution yet.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
His recent visit in China, the sudden approval of full self driving there, and this move must be related?

China will own the small car business in America once they are can produce in Mexico ... But the income stream from the SC network would remain solid, even improve with more EV's.

He is firing some very well established long term executives that made his cars successful.

What exchange has he negotiated in China?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
His recent visit in China, the sudden approval of full self driving there, and this move must be related?

China will own the small car business in America once they are can produce in Mexico ... But the income stream from the SC network would remain solid, even improve with more EV's.

He is firing some very well established long term executives that made his cars successful.

What exchange has he negotiated in China?

I just don’t see China coming here and running the small car business. Sure you can point to Japan and SK. Japan had a car culture with racing heritage that is still followed today. SK, well they e slowly but surely gained here in the States.

As far as China, we know the quality, we know they steal intellectual property. It’ll take at least 2 decades. The problem with Tesla is their MSRP circus and their “all new” is just a redesign.

Take the “New Model 3” it’s the same Model 3. They took the vents off the front bumper of the SR and LR but added it to the Performance. Now the Performance looks more like the old Performance 🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

JDF231223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Thank the lord I decided to bite the bullet and ordered my A2Z adapter as a backup. It’s going to be serving primary duty for a while.

At this point, I’ll be happy if I get my free Tesla OEM adapter in time for Thanksgiving week road-trips.

Looks like discount code “FORD” is updated to take 10% off and still gives free shipping.

Some folks on Reddit have called in to pay $15 extra for expedited overnight shipping if they need it a little sooner.

I got the Typhoon DC adapter / Stellar AC adapter bundle (25% off Stellar adapter) and have it all in my Frunk beside my portable charger / RV park adapter.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla fires whole Supercharger team [Update: Musk says supercharger growth will continue] IMG_0182
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla fires whole Supercharger team [Update: Musk says supercharger growth will continue] IMG_9830

OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 23 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
r Lightning, there were Superchargers available to me that weren't available a month ago. It seems like whatever V3 software updates were needed for those stations got deployed.
I was in Bangor this weekend, without my Lightning. I checked out the new Bangor Superchargers that are available for Ford. They were new and empty....which is a good thing when I go up there.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
According to the Electrek article cited, Elon asked his rubber stamp board of directors for a $55 billion payment for himself "just days after firing 14,000 people".

The Electrek article pointed out: "That $55 billion could pay for 40 years worth of six-figure salaries for those employees"

Morale at the company must be particularly high now.

At one point in 2021, the market valuation of Tesla exceeded the combined value of the 10 largest automakers in the world. The Tesla house of cards is based on the extremely high growth rate of Tesla sales, not the absolute volume, which is tiny compared to the total sales of autos in the world.

Sales declined recently. Elon seems to be panicking....

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I have yet to count Elon Musk down and out. He has a habit of inventing and reinventing his companies and products. It may be that the Supercharger development team had simply accomplished their mission. His "key" employees often leave the company after a few years. He is certainly a very demanding person to work for.

In the book "Elon Musk" by Walter Isaacson, the point is made that the purpose of his companies is to make money and develop technology to realize his obsession of getting humanity to Mars. I doubt that Superchargers are a very large contributor toward his ultimate goal.

thequackenbush

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
Forgive me if this is answered earlier in this thread, but does this impact the timing / delivery of NACS adaptors? IE: does this Tesla team have some hand in the manufacturing and delivery of these?

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Thank the lord I decided to bite the bullet and ordered my A2Z adapter as a backup. It’s going to be serving primary duty for a while.

At this point, I’ll be happy if I get my free Tesla OEM adapter in time for Thanksgiving week road-trips.

Looks like discount code “FORD” is updated to take 10% off and still gives free shipping.

Some folks on Reddit have called in to pay $15 extra for expedited overnight shipping if they need it a little sooner.

I got the Typhoon DC adapter / Stellar AC adapter bundle (25% off Stellar adapter) and have it all in my Frunk beside my portable charger / RV park adapter.

IMG_0182.jpeg
IMG_9830.jpeg
It was $177 for both??

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Updated with Elon Musk's first comment after supercharger team layoffs:

"Tesla still plans to grow the Supercharger network, just at a slower pace for new locations and more focus on 100% uptime and expansion of existing locations"

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Updated with Elon Musk's first comment after supercharger team layoffs:

"Tesla still plans to grow the Supercharger network, just at a slower pace for new locations and more focus on 100% uptime and expansion of existing locations"

Good to know. For my needs, I have found the network to be sufficient as is. Add growth and reliability of EA and I think we will have a somewhat healthy charge infrastructure.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
WTF? Wasn't Tesla given federal dollars to roll out more super chargers.? Are they just trying to pocket that now?
Sponsored