• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The lightning is awesome, except the embarrassingly bad infotainment system.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Maybe I am just lucky, but I really haven’t had many problems with my truck in general much less the infotainment. I use PAAK all the time works without a hitch 99% of the time I do carry my key fob with me most of the time. I don’t find it to be any different than other vehicles. I like that I can open the frunk or the tailgate with the key fob. Yes I have had a frozen screen or a random freeze up up with the Ford logo a few times, but mostly after software updates and then it is fine after it reboots itself. Ford is a legacy auto maker not Tesla and not Rivian, which is part of what makes this truck better than the others out there in my opinion. It does what I need to do and is not a terrible road tripper. It has gotten better over time with the updates, but I also would like to see them improve implementation of the OTA‘s as some people seem to get them quickly and others not so much(or not at all from what I have read)!
Sponsored

62F1004x4

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1962 F100 2023 F150 Lightning SR
Occupation
Maintenance
I have mentioned this in other posts so my wife will not buy a Ford anything because of the poor experience with the lightning entertainment system. We currently have 4 ford vehicles and this goes for those vehicles also, meaning it’s not getting better just more $. For example I’m using an iPhone and it disconnects the music and will not reconnect without rebooting the system. Others have given up on wireless connectivity and use a cord, which is an option but why? With the lack of software updates and no way to keep track them, there are many reasons to be down on the experience.
Edit: she will not buy a Tesla either.

Last edited:

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
When I'm hauling dirt, a ton of pellets or mulch in the bed of my truck, I often think about how awful the infotainment center is and it makes me sad.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
In case anyone on this thread does not know: Ford is aware of many of the issues being mentioned here. There is an update coming in Q4 of this year to address the issues.

Attachments

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Dude, just use Apple CarPlay. Seems like your complaint has to do with navigation. I use Waze and it works great. I can even use Siri to set a destination on Waze.
Ironic that you say a Tesla is an iPhone 16 but yet iPhones don’t work on Tesla in the same way as Ford. 🤣
I don’t get the whole keep my car on at all times. That sounds so stupid. It’s a battery, if I’m not using it, it’s fine to turn off.
What if I go inside to grab something, I don’t want to car to turn on.
I know Tesla doesn’t have an on off button but I’m fine having to turn a car on and off like I have for years.
The PAAK does suck, so I get that.
I agree 100%. I use Apple CarPlay and Waze and it is all great. Love this truck.
Sponsored