• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trading XLT SR TO ER

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
How are you guys figuring out the trade in values? I was hoping there was some kind of website out there, and I know about KBB and that kind of thing but of course those are not binding quotes. I'm in a 23 Pro SR with just over 3K on it, and I would LOVE to walk into one of these deals if I could get out of the Pro.

Another question--supposedly Ford will not let us sell these things for a year. Is that BS? Seems like a lot of folks are selling their trucks and they can't be taking everyone to court.
Dealers use Black Book, it said $40k for my Pro and I got $41:
https://www.blackbookportals.com/bb/products/usedcarhtmlportal.asp?

You can sell within a year.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kenreissig

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
I have the XLT with the heavy duty tow package. 7000lb vs 10000lb It is just enough to let me tow my RV locally about 100 miles. It has additional cooling as opposed to the standard tow package 5000lb. I found going cross country if I used the APRP navigation app it was not that long a wait charging. I also thought about swapping to take advantage of the extra $7500 rebate but I can't justify the numbers.
Whats the weight of you trailer? At what charge percentage do start at and end to get 100 mile?

I’m going to be towing a 3000 lb camper 300 miles. I don’t mind taking a couple stops to charge, but wondering if I have to be at 100% to get 100 miles. Mostly flat driving at 65mph.

Frankhpns

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Retired military
Whats the weight of you trailer? At what charge percentage do start at and end to get 100 mile?

I’m going to be towing a 3000 lb camper 300 miles. I don’t mind taking a couple stops to charge, but wondering if I have to be at 100% to get 100 miles. Mostly flat driving at 65mph.
Our trailer is about 6500 lbs. We camp at local camp grounds. The range calculates out around 100 miles from 0% to 100% SOC @ about 50mph. I have not pushed the limit. After 50 miles I am at about 50% SOC. It really sucks up the electrons.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kenreissig

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT
Our trailer is about 6500 lbs. We camp at local camp grounds. The range calculates out around 100 miles from 0% to 100% SOC @ about 50mph. I have not pushed the limit. After 50 miles I am at about 50% SOC. It really sucks up the electrons.
Thanks for the info.

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
Another question--supposedly Ford will not let us sell these things for a year. Is that BS? Seems like a lot of folks are selling their trucks and they can't be taking everyone to court.
Ford doesn't care, but if you got an EV rebate from your state it may have caveats. Here in Maine you have to return the $2K rebate if you sell the car within 3 years. I'm not sure about the rules around the federal rebate.
EDIT: from some research it looks like the fed rebate doesn't have any limitations beyond capital gains tax (if you sell for more than you paid)

Last edited:

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
I took this info to my local dealer that has several XLT ER's in stock. I'm figuring that since we are two weeks from the end of the quarter they might be willing to make a deal. I was willing to throw in some extra money to get the XLT, ER battery, and possibly ACC. My Pro SR has 3K miles on it, not a scratch or dent anywhere. I was told that the dealership owner is terrified of taking any more Lightnings and would only offer me 31K on a trade in. There's no way I'm going to eat that much, I think my loan payoff is 56K. Anyone else having this experience?

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Similar… I paid 62k+ and my dealer offered 40k to trade in. Truck is one year old and in perfect condition. Not taking a 22,000 loss on a trade. I MIGHT see 10k but not really. Based on disappearing inventory, I bet used value goes up quite a bit in a few months. Gonna wait it out and see.

Sponsored

Bigbuckhunter71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LIGHTNING Pro
Occupation
Electrician
In same boat here 23 Pro trading offer 33k
Crazy how they deprecated so fast
Thought for sure the the PRO would hold its value especially in the construction field
Sorry to say but my Ramcharger will be here soon probably when my adapter shows.
I'm getting out!!

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Based on disappearing inventory, I bet used value goes up quite a bit in a few months. Gonna wait it out and see.
I don't think this is likely. Even with Ford cutting production I am betting that you will not see demand meet their current production, ie new trucks are going to sit on the lot and have steep incentives keeping prices down on used trucks.
Sponsored