• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
WOW... I bought my Lariat from a dealer out of state and had it shipped down to me. It left the dealership Monday morning and is being delivered tonight. What luck!
Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Could you run your VIN through the VIN checker to see if it's smart enough to know yours was replaced or if the replacement part was the upgraded part number?

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls
It was the upgraded p/n. This one is sealing the moisture out so far. When I saw the invoice, I was surprised that it cost near $3K.
I was told also that Ford is fully aware of the issue and that it wanted the part back.
Whoever was the supplier for Ford, is replacing all these light bars.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Looks like recall is for build dates ending March 28th. My build was completed in April and does not show the recall. They may not have any delays for new trucks if they started using the new part in April. I'll be watching to see if the recall expands to my truck.
I put in my Vin and it shows a recall notice. I was on the 2/6 build that got delayed until March and I actually didn't get the truck till May :( I am wondering if I can contact Turo and tell them that it is not a recall that will affect the vehicle safety since the brake lights are not impacted, just the light bar

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Dayammn... Maybe this restriction largely involves unsold mannequins among the first 16,364 trucks.
I hope there aren't too many of those around in the first batch. Would suck to be a dealer with one of those sitting on the lot for another 5-6 months.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
FordPass hasn't updated to let me know yet, but looking up with my VIN shows I'm in the boat. Thankfully AZ is pretty dry. Hopefully something shows up by monsoon though.

Sponsored

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I have a Lariat that is supposed to be shipping now, blend date was 5/8 and not recalls show for the truck on the ford website.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
FordPass hasn't updated to let me know yet, but looking up with my VIN shows I'm in the boat. Thankfully AZ is pretty dry. Hopefully something shows up by monsoon though.
I unfortunately live in a literal rainforest. I guess it's the price of paradise!

I am going to wrap it like I did the front lightbar and hope that helps :LOL:

Fast87t

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
NICE UGH! I HAD MINE REPLACED DUE TO THIS ISSUE BEFORE ANY RECALLS! NOW I HAVE A DEFECTIVE ONE THAT NEEDS REPLACED AGAIN!

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
@Fast87t Your initial repair probably helped towards identifying the true cause and got us the recall for an actual fix. Small consolation, but I thank you (and others that have already dealt with this).

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I put in my Vin and it shows a recall notice. I was on the 2/6 build that got delayed until March and I actually didn't get the truck till May :( I am wondering if I can contact Turo and tell them that it is not a recall that will affect the vehicle safety since the brake lights are not impacted, just the light bar
Unfortunately, according to the recall, the moisture in the light bar can cause the reverse lights to fail.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
NICE UGH! I HAD MINE REPLACED DUE TO THIS ISSUE BEFORE ANY RECALLS! NOW I HAVE A DEFECTIVE ONE THAT NEEDS REPLACED AGAIN!
I had mine replaced a few months back - unfortunately, it will need to be done again since we don’t know if the new part was used.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
My Lariat was built on March 16th and is in transit to my dealership. It is expected to arrive sometime next week (June 21st or so). My ford pass app shows that my vehicle is included in the recall, but i live in Canada so i checked for this recall on the Transport Canada website. They don't show this recall yet.

I'm hoping that my dealer will be allowed to deliver my truck when it arrives as the recall notice posted in this thread indicates that the no Demonstration / Deliver clause is based on federal law in the US, which may not apply in Canada. Im keeping my fingers crossed but will know more when my truck arrives.

Below is the website link for anyone how wants to check for recalls in Canada. Transport Canada Recall Search

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
Yesterday I dropped off my Lariat Lightning to replace the rear light bar due to the infamous moisture condensation on the inside. They had the new part ready to put on, but called me this morning saying that within the last couple of days Ford issued a recall on the lights due to micro cracks in the plastic.

They've been informed that they are not to replace the light bar as that replacement has the same issue.

Ford will be replacing the light bars with updated parts that do not contain those cracks at a later date and the dealer will call me once Ford has the part available. This has now been confirmed.

safety-recall-f150-lightning-rear-lightbar-replacement.jpg
I took mine in 1 day before you this past Monday the 12th. They were aware of recall as well but ordered parts Tuesday. Got truck back Thursday with fresh moistureless tailight strip bar and frunk lights (the 2 lights on inside of frunk had moisture amd water in them). For now.
If the part is available and you have existing moisture why wouldnt they replace it? it's a safety hazard.
Sponsored

Last edited: