• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
WOW... I bought my Lariat from a dealer out of state and had it shipped down to me. It left the dealership Monday morning and is being delivered tonight. What luck!
It is highly likely they will ask for it back, given that you bought it after the 6/9 recall. They and Ford get fined. Read the fine print on your sales contract.

I put in my Vin and it shows a recall notice. I was on the 2/6 build that got delayed until March and I actually didn't get the truck till May :( I am wondering if I can contact Turo and tell them that it is not a recall that will affect the vehicle safety since the brake lights are not impacted, just the light bar
Sure, any owner can contact a rental company and bypass a federally mandated safety recall. Happens all the time. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I just found water in my light this morning… I thought I was “lucky” so far but I guess not. Based on what I am reading, this could also cause issues with distracting drivers or cause them to think you are stopping or backing up.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mirus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I took mine in 1 day before you this past Monday the 12th. They were aware of recall as well but ordered parts Tuesday. Got truck back Thursday with fresh moistureless tailight strip bar and frunk lights (the 2 lights on inside of frunk had moisture amd water in them). For now.
If the part is available and you have existing moisture why wouldnt they replace it? it's a safety hazard.
I was told, and the notice says that the dealer won't be compensated for replacement under warranty until the updated part is available. I was also told it would be late Q3 until they will be ready. So, unless your replacement is indeed the updated part, you will be having the same problem with your new one.

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
I was told, and the notice says that the dealer won't be compensated for replacement under warranty until the updated part is available. I was also told it would be late Q3 until they will be ready. So, unless your replacement is indeed the updated part, you will be having the same problem with your new one.
Yeah, I'm not aware of the new part being available yet, but I actually sent the recall notice to them and their response was that "it's an advanced recall notice".
I do believe I'll get same issue again but I'd rather be good for at least a few days in rainy Florida.
I wonder if it has anything to do with cold/warm weather expansion etc.. I had my truck shipped from a dealer in Missouri. The very first few days in FL I had front sensor malfunction/alerts that went away. Felt like the truck had to adjust to this damn humidity haha. I could see something similar with seals/cracking happening on certain parts

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
My Lariat was built on March 16th and is in transit to my dealership. It is expected to arrive sometime next week (June 21st or so).
Thats a huge delay between built date snd shipping! What day did it start shipping? Whereabouts in Canada if i may ask? My build date was May 4th, and was supposed arrive June 12th to 18th, but it hasnt even left yet 6 weeks later!
Im in BC. Trying to get an idea if I will even see it this summer.
Hope yours arrives soon.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Just a FYI to everyone:

A new rear lightbar assembly (Part Number NL34-13N466-AE) will be installed to replace the recalled component (Part Number NL34-13N466-AC).

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You were told several things that are incorrect.

1) If your lightbar fails, then the dealer has to replace it. It's a safety issue. Even if the replacement part is inferior, they have to give you working reverse lights.

2) It says very clearly in the dealer communication - Q4. Not late Q3, Q4.

OP
OP

Mirus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You were told several things that are incorrect.

1) If your lightbar fails, then the dealer has to replace it. It's a safety issue. Even if the replacement part is inferior, they have to give you working reverse lights.

2) It says very clearly in the dealer communication - Q4. Not late Q3, Q4.
Right... Mine hasn't failed.

As for 2, I was told that because I already was approved and was in for warranty, I'll be the first to get it and they were told that while Ford put q4, they are hoping to get it in before that since I'm already listed as waiting for the part.

So, I wasn't told anything incorrect except for potentially not getting the replacement within their optimistic timeframe.

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
Thats a huge delay between built date snd shipping! What day did it start shipping? Whereabouts in Canada if i may ask? My build date was May 4th, and was supposed arrive June 12th to 18th, but it hasnt even left yet 6 weeks later!
Im in BC. Trying to get an idea if I will even see it this summer.
Hope yours arrives soon.
It was shipped on June 6th, and was built during the first week after the Rouge plant was restarted in March. Im located in Calgary. Note that my Dealer has received several lightnings that were built after mine on April 11, 12, 13 and 17th that were shipped within 4-17 days after being built. they were all delivered to the dealer with an average shipping time is 17 days. Hopefully your s ships soon.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I put in my Vin and it shows a recall notice. I was on the 2/6 build that got delayed until March and I actually didn't get the truck till May :( I am wondering if I can contact Turo and tell them that it is not a recall that will affect the vehicle safety since the brake lights are not impacted, just the light bar
Turo doesn’t give a break on recalls.
federal law, can’t rent car with open recall.
‘search nhtsa web site on this topic.

you would need letter signed by dealer

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
It is highly likely they will ask for it back, given that you bought it after the 6/9 recall. They and Ford get fined. Read the fine print on your sales contract.

Sure, any owner can contact a rental company and bypass a federally mandated safety recall. Happens all the time. :rolleyes:
@RickLightning
turo shows no mercy when it comes to open recalls.

ask the many with all makes that are out months. I think I remember a Mach e guy was out 10 months for open recall

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor

Maybe I'll get lucky. I signed the contract on June 6, so technically, that's the delivery date even though it took a few days to get it off the lot and on its way here. Since it's 1100 miles from the dealer, hopefully it doesn't have to go back.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@RickLightning
turo shows no mercy when it comes to open recalls.

ask the many with all makes that are out months. I think I remember a Mach e guy was out 10 months for open recall
Guess you missed the eyeroll emoji...

Maybe I'll get lucky. I signed the contract on June 6, so technically, that's the delivery date even though it took a few days to get it off the lot and on its way here. Since it's 1100 miles from the dealer, hopefully it doesn't have to go back.
If you bought it on 6/6, signed paperwork, then they cannot do anything, you are all set.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
I had mine replaced a few months back - unfortunately, it will need to be done again since we don’t know if the new part was used.
The dealer should have documented what part was used.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
The dealer should have documented what part was used.
They did, but it appears to be NL3Z-13434-A, which is not either of the part numbers mentioned in Post 51 above. So who knows whether i got a duplicate of the original part or a revised part.
Sponsored