• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
In my email today

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning 1686777682375
Sponsored

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Bummer for those waiting on trucks. NBD for everyone else.
Not true.. I was alerted because Turo took my truck off being available to rent until this is fixed. I called the dealership and they don't even have a part number to order yet so this is costing me! I don't even like that stupid light bar :mad:

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
already had mine replaced. water got in, shorted out a bank of lights in the light bar, and caused the right reverse light to remain on when truck was on, regardless of driving direction

Sounds like I will get it replaced again.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Not true.. I was alerted because Turo took my truck off being available to rent until this is fixed. I called the dealership and they don't even have a part number to order yet so this is costing me! I don't even like that stupid light bar :mad:
Won't have it until Q4.

I can't believe you rent out your truck...

Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Now, we all know that dealers don't always tell the truth or know what is going on, so, I'd like to get confirmation that this is the case. Perhaps a dealer is on here that can pull up the recall notice to dealers to confirm and perhaps give a little more information?
I dealer proactively telling a customer about recall would seem out of the norm

Do you have a business where you buy EV's and rent them all out?

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Platinum
Looks like recall is for build dates ending March 28th. My build was completed in April and does not show the recall. They may not have any delays for new trucks if they started using the new part in April. I'll be watching to see if the recall expands to my truck.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Bummer for those waiting on trucks. NBD for everyone else.
Just read the recall in detail. It is for trucks built until March 2023. So I assume trucks built since then do not have the defect so shipments should not be affected.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck was built in April 2022. Yesterday nothing showed. Today it says "Recall incomplete, remedy not yet available", which echoes the Q4 timing.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
October 2021... I guess they are also including the earlier production models too. The offical first wave wasn't till January 2022.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Yesterday I dropped off my Lariat Lightning to replace the rear light bar due to the infamous moisture condensation on the inside. They had the new part ready to put on, but called me this morning saying that within the last couple of days Ford issued a recall on the lights due to micro cracks in the plastic.

They've been informed that they are not to replace the light bar as that replacement has the same issue.

Ford will be replacing the light bars with updated parts that do not contain those cracks at a later date and the dealer will call me once Ford has the part available. This has now been confirmed.

safety-recall-f150-lightning-rear-lightbar-replacement.jpg
I had mine replaced in the beginning of March. Moisture condensation inside the light bar. It basically quit working.
It is an expensive part. Also difficult to obtain one. Everything goes into production.
I haven't heard anything about a recall, yet.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Well, I'm up to 2 recalls but no part available
Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning 1686846325291

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I'm up to 2 recalls but no part available
1686846325291.png
Unfortunately, when all vehicles get a recall, parts are limited. On the wiper motor, it's across all F-150s to my knowledge, not just Lightnings. That's a s-ton of motors. Mine got done only because of the recall stopping the sale. If yours stops working, tell the dealer because it's a safety issue, and there are motors available.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I had mine replaced in the beginning of March. Moisture condensation inside the light bar. It basically quit working.
It is an expensive part. Also difficult to obtain one. Everything goes into production.
I haven't heard anything about a recall, yet.
Could you run your VIN through the VIN checker to see if it's smart enough to know yours was replaced or if the replacement part was the upgraded part number?

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls
Sponsored