• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ultimate Guide to the Changes on the 2025 Ford F-150 Lightning

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
No way I would rely on an inflator kit and sealant for tire damage on a vehicle that weighs this much. It's just asking for an accident to happen. I used to have one on my Camaro, and was fine without having a spare. But it's not like the extra weight of the spare decreases efficiency.

Also, the locking rear diff should not be included in the tow package. The vehicle is AWD and should come with locking diff as a standard, since you shouldn't be towing a trailer off-road where the locking diff is needed. Another cost cutting move by Ford.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The order guide called it the "fast charging adaptor", so I interpret that to mean they bundled it with the mobile cord. Not that they are putting in an AC adaptor for use with it.
Right, the adapter they are referring to in the order guide is the NACS adapter that we currently use at tesla superchargers.
Yeah, it just seems odd that they would bundle two things that don’t work together. Force people to buy the FMC when they only want the adapter.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
So Ford has backed off making the NACS port as part of the vehicle starting in 2025. I wonder what the reason for that decision is.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
So Ford has backed off making the NACS port as part of the vehicle starting in 2025. I wonder what the reason for that decision is.
It appears that is the case. Very disappointing. I wonder what the 2025 Mach-E will have for charge port?

Sponsored

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
Removing the 360 camera from the XlT seems like a mistake to me given how many relatively inexpensive cars have them nowdays. That is a good way to scare off young first time truck buyers which is pretty much going to be your market for an electric pickup with limited range and slow charging compared to the competition. There are other arguably better options now for the higher income consumer.

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
It appears that is the case. Very disappointing. I wonder what the 2025 Mach-E will have for charge port?
Perhaps Tesla is not as committed to sharing their chargers according to whatever the agreed-to plan was, and therefore Ford is hedging their bets. Adapter works fine.

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
Removing the 360 camera from the XlT seems like a mistake to me given how many relatively inexpensive cars have them nowdays. That is a good way to scare off young first time truck buyers which is pretty much going to be your market for an electric pickup with limited range and slow charging compared to the competition. There are other arguably better options now for the higher income consumer.
Yeah, I use the 360 camera in my XLT basically every time on park. Can I park without it? Sure! But the cameras sure make it a whole lot easier to get the truck where it needs to be.

I'm disappointed with what seems to be a lot of 'nickle and dime' removals on the newer trucks. Ford is probably doing it to increase the profit margin on each truck, but I wonder if they have considered how these removals may influence sales, especially now that there are more competitors in the market.

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
I use the securicode panel on the driver's door a lot. I used to use a corresponding securicode panel on my now-gone Mach E all the time as well. I personally choose to not use PAAK as I do not wish to be married to my cell phone.

Moreover, I travel on longer trips with teens and pre-teens, most of whom do not carry phones for a PAAK function. The three boys all LOVE the securicode panel... and based on the two past Summers of camping and travel with active boys, I actually wish Ford would have added the securicode panel on the passenger side as well. No need to always walk around the car(s) on camp sites, and no worries about fobs going missing / broken / wet or fights about sharing a fob, etc.

Yes, I submitted this suggestion to Ford from our Mach E and now also from our Lightning.

Now it seems that Ford has gone the other way and just made the one existing securicode panel an option. Chintzy chintzy chintzy... :facepalm:
Sponsored