• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Washer Fluid Question

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
I was looking at the manual and I see the washer fluid specs show Motorcraft Premium Windshield concentrate. Now I'm assuming you don't HAVE to use this, though it doesn't seem that expensive from Amazon. The question I have is about limitations on what can be used. I had a Jeep Gladiator and it seems the Rain X brand did not work well with Jeeps. I hadn't had any issues with Rain X with other vehicles in the past, but this was a thing with Gladiators/Wranglers (maybe more). So any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
No issues with Rain-X here so far either. I did flush a few times with distilled water before switching.

Side note: I cannot believe that in 2024 we still have vehicles that don't quite hold a full jug of washer fluid when the low fluid light comes on. There is like half a cup left over in the jug. Really Ford??

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
No issues with Rain-X here so far either. I did flush a few times with distilled water before switching.

Side note: I cannot believe that in 2024 we still have vehicles that don't quite hold a full jug of washer fluid when the low fluid light comes on. There is like half a cup left over in the jug. Really Ford??
They plan on you spilling that half cup when you refill - it comes out just right! 😂

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
I complained about this in another thread. Another reader had a good solution - just empty the remainder of the jug into another vehicle in your garage.

Here in MN, I wish they would just put in a 6 gallon reservoir so I could refill it 5 gallons at a time.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I buy blue windshield washer fluid, when on sale for $1 a gallon. Use anything you want to as long as it won't freeze at your coldest temps.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Filled mine with the Rain-X when I got the low fluid light. Same as the others, no problems.

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat

Wait, there's a warning light? I never saw one - I would just run it dry :)

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I use the water out of my dehumidifier spring to fall and use anything with reasonable freezing point in winter.
Sponsored