• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is the meaning of the extra mileage counter in the GOM?

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
As the mileage number drops (see pics, it goes from 27 to 10 miles remaining), the second number always shows 70 miles. What the heck is it trying to tell me? I assume it's associated with the icon to the left (a checkered flag??). I feel like this just got changed, probably came with the most recent update I got which updated the icons at the top of the main screen.

Ford F-150 Lightning What is the meaning of the extra mileage counter in the GOM? 1726098621376-m
Ford F-150 Lightning What is the meaning of the extra mileage counter in the GOM? 1726098746096-7u
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I use that information to determine if I could make it to the destination, in the photos shown, you should be looking for a charging station with only 27 & 10 miles of range remaining.

Sometime NAV sets' up a destination based on prior driving patterns if you selected the recommendation in error cancel it.

Last edited:

NCevGuyF150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford lightning
Occupation
Repair technician
As the mileage number drops (see pics, it goes from 27 to 10 miles remaining), the second number always shows 70 miles. What the heck is it trying to tell me? I assume it's associated with the icon to the left (a checkered flag??). I feel like this just got changed, probably came with the most recent update I got which updated the icons at the top of the main screen.

1726098621376-mj.jpg
1726098746096-7u.jpg
70 miles to your programmed destination in your GPS

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Assuming there was an intentional destination set, shouldn't the distance to the destination have changed with the distance traveled between the pics? That seems odd. I've only used the nav to set a charger and that bottom number usually updates as I get closer.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
On a related note, it seems (perhaps due to a recent Android Auto update) that "distance to destination" number shows up when using Google Maps. Used to be only for Sync Nav. Unclear as of yet if it updates range based on your route like it does with Sync, but I doubt it.

Curiously, when I use Waze that number also appears in the display but it's always zero.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
On a related note, it seems (perhaps due to a recent Android Auto update) that "distance to destination" number shows up when using Google Maps. Used to be only for Sync Nav. Unclear as of yet if it updates range based on your route like it does with Sync, but I doubt it.

Curiously, when I use Waze that number also appears in the display but it's always zero.
Confirmed that the 6.14.0 update brought this enhancement, first time I've seen it.

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Avalanche Gray

In addition to Google in Android auto, for those with iPhones, Apple Maps will give you turn by turn and distance to destination on the dash in addition to center screen data. It does not work with Google maps on iPhone.
Sponsored