Sponsored

Wireless Charging Pad - Ford, you can do better

Albern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum; 2015 Chevrolet Volt
What fans??
Underneath the charge pad, there is at least 1 fan that automatically turns on whenever a charging session is initiated. The charge pad has small holes for the air to be pushed through along with square channels for airflow along the back surface of the phone.
Sponsored

Caniki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Limited
I just got an iPhone 16 Pro Max, and surprisingly, it stays put on the charging pad. The 15 Pro Max I had before it would constantly shift slightly enough to disconnect from the wireless charging.

I've never had an issue with wireless CarPlay, although I have noticed it takes longer to make its initial connection than it did a few months ago. I'm not sure if that's due to a recent update to my Lightning (at 6.8.0 now), or iOS 18, or just random sunspots or whatever.

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Avalanche Gray
Underneath the charge pad, there is at least 1 fan that automatically turns on whenever a charging session is initiated. The charge pad has small holes for the air to be pushed through along with square channels for airflow along the back surface of the phone.
I have a 24 Lariat. Never have heard a fan go off. I’ve looked at the pad and there is no fan underneath the rubber mat. Can we see photos of your fan? I think it’s only passive cooling.
Sponsored