• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
This has been discussed before but thought I would throw it out in case people get their TRM module showing as orange with DTC's U0143:87

SSM 50217 - 2021 F-150 - DTC U0143:87 In The Trailer Module (TRM) Some 2021 F-150 vehicles may exhibit diagnostic trouble code (DTC) U0143:87 stored in the trailer module (TRM). This may be due to various software parameters in the TRM. This DTC should be disregarded as it does not cause any observable concerns or warning messages and does not affect vehicle performance or durability. Ford is developing a software update which will be delivered to the vehicle via an over-the-air (OTA) TRM update beginning in March 2022 to prevent this DTC from setting. APPLICABLE VEHICLES 2021 TRUCK: FD P702N F150
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
This has been discussed before but thought I would throw it out in case people get there TRM module showing as orange with DTC's U0143:87

SSM 50217 - 2021 F-150 - DTC U0143:87 In The Trailer Module (TRM) Some 2021 F-150 vehicles may exhibit diagnostic trouble code (DTC) U0143:87 stored in the trailer module (TRM). This may be due to various software parameters in the TRM. This DTC should be disregarded as it does not cause any observable concerns or warning messages and does not affect vehicle performance or durability. Ford is developing a software update which will be delivered to the vehicle via an over-the-air (OTA) TRM update beginning in March 2022 to prevent this DTC from setting. APPLICABLE VEHICLES 2021 TRUCK: FD P702N F150
I have this DTC myself. If this is the only DTC showing up on your scan, then your truck is in good shape! (y)

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I realized today that's its been a while since my Auto Start/Stop has kicked in and killed the engine at a stop. I took a drive around town today for errands and noticed that I'm currently sitting on "Engine on due to vehicle charging" as the reason it's not activating.

Anyone know if that could be the culprit of my APIM not kicking over? I don't feel like it should matter because the truck has to be running when APIM updates anyways.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you been using a charger with the battery? Maybe it’s been drained to much and has a bad cell or something?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Have you been using a charger with the battery? Maybe it’s been drained to much and has a bad cell or something?
Yes I did when I did the updates (except APIM) and FDRS always showed a steady 12.2 to 12.4 but never went higher. I've never gotten the deep sleep message on the Ford app and never noticed a problem starting. I may swing by an Autozone and have them test my battery out.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
For those struggling to get the USB updates to kick off, my Mach-E was stuck in 1.7 purgatory where you couldn't set the update schedules and the update wouldn't kick off. I rode around with the USB in the slot for 7 days and the update never kicked off. This morning I went out, started the car, and did a master reset. After about 60 seconds I didn't see any messages on the screen, so I unplugged and replugged the USB stick. I decided to go look at the schedule updates screen and see if it could be toggled, and as soon as I opened the updates screen, I got the message not to remove the USB stick that an update was in progress. I'm not sure if going to the updates screen helped at all, or if it was just doing a master reset and then plugging in the drive, but within two minutes of a master reset I had the update going.

Now if I could just get SiriusXM to reactive after the master reset the wife's car will be good to go.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Now if I could just get SiriusXM to reactive after the master reset the wife's car will be good to go.
you have to go to the sirius website and resend signal to the vehicle. Maybe it does this on its own over time though… I never wait.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
you have to go to the sirius website and resend signal to the vehicle. Maybe it does this on its own over time though… I never wait.
I did it 3 times in 45 minutes. Finally gave up. 4 hours later it was working, go figure.

RapidRedRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost
I realized today that's its been a while since my Auto Start/Stop has kicked in and killed the engine at a stop. I took a drive around town today for errands and noticed that I'm currently sitting on "Engine on due to vehicle charging" as the reason it's not activating.

Anyone know if that could be the culprit of my APIM not kicking over? I don't feel like it should matter because the truck has to be running when APIM updates anyways.
There's a Ford Master Tech I follow on Youtube, "Ford Boss Me". Below are two links you may find of interest. The first link will tell you why you Auto Stop / Start is no longer working and the second video piggy backs on some of the programming steps you must take when using FDRS to update modules.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Love the videos. And some of us have experienced EXACTLY the story he tells. As well as a few deviations of it. :)

Sponsored

kevinwright9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost
For those struggling to get the USB updates to kick off, my Mach-E was stuck in 1.7 purgatory where you couldn't set the update schedules and the update wouldn't kick off. I rode around with the USB in the slot for 7 days and the update never kicked off. This morning I went out, started the car, and did a master reset. After about 60 seconds I didn't see any messages on the screen, so I unplugged and replugged the USB stick. I decided to go look at the schedule updates screen and see if it could be toggled, and as soon as I opened the updates screen, I got the message not to remove the USB stick that an update was in progress. I'm not sure if going to the updates screen helped at all, or if it was just doing a master reset and then plugging in the drive, but within two minutes of a master reset I had the update going.

Happy for you, but still no luck for me. I've reset modules using Forscan, done Master Resets, danced on one foot while chanting, etc. and nothing seems to work. Best I get is after a Master Reset, it will recognize USB device, then say it is indexing, and then say indexing complete. After that, nothing except what I imagine to be a middle finger emoji. At this point, crossing my fingers they come up with an update as I haven't been able to schedule updates since November when the update failed.

If y'all keep posting ideas, I'll definitely try them though. Definitely appreciate everyone sharing their experience. Helps to keep a man sane after so many failed efforts :)

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone else see this monster IPC update in FDRS? I was all clear until today so I went to check out this update. Make sure you have a battery charger cause this is taking awhile.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Anyone else see this monster IPC update in FDRS? I was all clear until today so I went to check out this update. Make sure you have a battery charger cause this is taking awhile.
I’d like to know more about this as well. The instrument cluster is quite a bit different on XLs and XLTs than it is on Lariats and above. It would be good to know if this IPC update applies across the board.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Two thing about auto start stop I learned. I didn’t watch the video so sorry if this is redundant.
One retrain the bms of it has stopped working.

two I had to replace the battery. These batteries from the factory were total junk. I had low voltage all the time but it would never give me a hard time starting the truck.

after you replace the battery make sure to relearn the bms.

if when you are stopped and the auto start stop always says charging then it’s most likely a bad battery.

I dealt with it a while replaced the battery and it’s worked great.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Happy for you, but still no luck for me. I've reset modules using Forscan, done Master Resets, danced on one foot while chanting, etc. and nothing seems to work. Best I get is after a Master Reset, it will recognize USB device, then say it is indexing, and then say indexing complete. After that, nothing except what I imagine to be a middle finger emoji. At this point, crossing my fingers they come up with an update as I haven't been able to schedule updates since November when the update failed.

If y'all keep posting ideas, I'll definitely try them though. Definitely appreciate everyone sharing their experience. Helps to keep a man sane after so many failed efforts :)
Yeah. The problem is the gateway has to kick off the update. The apim seeing the usb is one thing but the update has to go to the gateway get Authentication and then run.
It won’t update without the gateway

I’d like to know more about this as well. The instrument cluster is quite a bit different on XLs and XLTs than it is on Lariats and above. It would be good to know if this IPC update applies across the board.
I don’t believe it does. The xlt cluster has had issues with remembering the my view and the gauges set at top. I believe they fix those things finally. Among some other things.
Now job two lariat had an update to the same cluster they didn’t change the cluster itself but if a cluster is installed in a job 2 it will update it and if it’s installed in job 1 it won’t. Strange why they do these things and not just update across the board.
Sponsored

Reactions: JEB