• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
8.3volts Im fucked
Something is not right man! Either your battery maintainer is fried or connection to your truck is not solid. Make sure your battery charger/maintainer unit is in PowerSupply mode and is able to provide 20 amps current. Also make sure your battery charger negative clamp is connected somewhere to the chassis or engine (with good contact). That should do it.

NO NEED TO PANIC though. If your IPMA update fails, most likely it will become purple but there is no need to worry. Once you sort out your power supply issues, you can reflash it again. Only thing you loose here is time

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
8.3volts Im fucked
Something is not right man! Either your battery maintainer is fried or connection to your truck is not solid. Make sure your battery charger/maintainer unit is in PowerSupply mode and is able to provide 20 amps current. Also make sure your battery charger negative clamp is connected somewhere to the chassis or engine (with good contact). That should do it.

NO NEED TO PANIC though. If your IPMA update fails, most likely it will become purple but there is no need to worry. Once you sort out your power supply issues, you can reflash it again. Only thing you loose here is time
I just spoke with him... he's good and will post shortly... he's in the green now!

Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
@iceman77 his ground connection via the bolt for the battery wasn't good and I suspect that since his battery was just replaced by the dealer that they may have put on either grease or anti-seize on the threads.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I just spoke with him... he's good and will post shortly... he's in the green now!
Wow so my battery was replaced a month ago. When they took the hold down bolt out they put anti seaze on the threads. After talking to @Bob_Mac he concluded I had a bad ground. Well the bolt with the anti seaze caused a weak enough ground to cause my voltage issues. I did have to connect the negative directly to the negative side of the battery in order to bring the voltage back I was able to get backup to 12.5 V and the IPMA update seems like all might be well. Fingers crossed and a huge thank you to all you guys especially @Bob_Mac for spending time on the phone with me to figure this out.

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
I used a VCM2 high-quality clone with this update and it worked fine. Still waiting on my real VCM3 to arrive.
Thanks for the update on this. I've been contemplating the VCM3 it is just the high cost of it. @iceman77 checked on my last update for corruption and did not see anything, which is a great thing. Did not want to enage in the next set of updates if it is going to cause any issues as i have an XLT 302a package nothing with bluecruise. That was one of my main concerns since everyone says these are for the BC prep packages to go live.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Wow so my battery was replaced a month ago. When they took the hold down bolt out they put anti seaze on the threads. After talking to @Bob_Mac he concluded I had a bad ground. Well the bolt with the anti seaze caused a weak enough ground to cause my voltage issues. I did have to connect the negative directly to the negative side of the battery in order to bring the voltage back I was able to get backup to 12.5 V and the IPMA update seems like all might be well. Fingers crossed and a huge thank you to all you guys especially @Bob_Mac for spending time on the phone with me to figure this out.
Post back once it completes. As for your CCM wait for your Mongoose to arrive and then do that update.

Sponsored

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
If anyone is in AZ and has one, let me know, would love to get mine updated

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I have a mongoose arriving on Tuesday.
If it can actually rescue the CCM I will be thrilled, of course, but we will have another data-point for these brave-new-world antics. :)
If not, I'll be sending the module to a VCM3 surgeon for brain surgery.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
I have a mongoose arriving on Tuesday.
If it can actually rescue the CCM I will be thrilled, of course, but we will have another data-point for these brave-new-world antics. :)
If not, I'll be sending the module to a VCM3 surgeon for brain surgery.
You should be fine.

Thekameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I started off at 12 volts Now Im down to 11.3 I dont know what to do. Im at 75% complete
If you purchased the recommended conditioner from Amazon. I found that I had to turn it off and on by hitting the stop start button to get it to charge again. You can tell it is charging by the solid orange light and your voltage should shoot up.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
If you purchased the recommended conditioner from Amazon. I found that I had to turn it off and on by hitting the stop start button to get it to charge again. You can tell it is charging by the solid orange light and your voltage should shoot up.
Read the continuing posts related to his issue please....
Sponsored