Blind Spot Audible Alert Along with Flashing Icon

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
@Ford Motor Company could you please add an option in the Menu to make an audible alert when a car is present and the turn signal is on.

I know some people swear against these new-fangled safety features, but you get used to them being there. My past 3 cars have had an audible alert, along with the icon lightning up and blinking when cars are present when you have your turn signal on.

Going into this Truck, I have to retrain myself a little due to the lack of a beep.

I don't understand why these features aren't more standardized across cars. This is 100% safety issue for some when one car beeps and another car doesn't (even though it's fully capable). I'll live with it, but my Wife (and others driving alongside her) depend on the car basically being a guardian angel giving a gentle audible warning of impending danger :)
Sponsored

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
@Ford Motor Company could you please add an option in the Menu to make an audible alert when a car is present and the turn signal is on.

I know some people swear against these new-fangled safety features, but you get used to them being there. My past 3 cars have had an audible alert, along with the icon lightning up and blinking when cars are present when you have your turn signal on.

Going into this Truck, I have to retrain myself a little due to the lack of a beep.

I don't understand why these features aren't more standardized across cars. This is 100% safety issue for some when one car beeps and another car doesn't (even though it's fully capable). I'll live with it, but my Wife (and others driving alongside her) depend on the car basically being a guardian angel giving a gentle audible warning of impending danger :)

100% agree.

A chirp or beep of some sort along with the light alert of someone in your blind spot, would be hugely appreciated.

The light alone just isnā€™t enough for me. At least give us the option to add an audible alarm to this system. That way people can pick whatever they prefer.

my wifeā€™s 2015 base model Mazda has a much better system of alerting the driver in their blind spot monitor system (light+beep).
(And thatā€™s a 7 year old car that only cost $26k šŸ¤£)

96161Lightning

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen ID.4, 2022 Lighnting Lariat ER

My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday and I was hoping the Lightning had a beep. My Ridgeline has it and our ID.4 does not. I prefer the beeping and the ability to customize it on or off would be ideal so everyone can choose their preference.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150L Lariat ER, 23 Mach-E Prem/SR, 90 300zxTT
Occupation
Principal Compiler Engineer
This is one of my annoyances with the Ford safety features. My wife's Niro beeps if you go out of your lane/lane assist does anything, if there is something in your blind spot when you blink, when there is a person stopped short in front, etc.

I'm always afraid that without the noise, I'll miss an event like this.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback

I believe the Ford BLIS system is based upon the Volvo BLIS system that was designed by Volvo several years ago (remember that Volvo was a member of Fordā€˜s Premier Automotive Group before it was sold to Geeley). The Fird system operates just like it does in my 2018 V90.

Sponsored

LTskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EVs
@Ford Motor Company I totally agree. All my other cars have this audible alert (often with an on/off user option). The little blinking light doesn't cut it for a good BLIS system. It's a simple software fix... please prioritize this safety feature!

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
My wifeā€™s brand new Mazda is so much better at alerts. I just googled to find out whether or not I could make my lightning make a noise and it led me here lol

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I'd be for a laser-projection heads-up display system for the windshield so we could actually know what the beep is for without looking away from the road, e.g. a semi-transparent car/truck image appears in the reserved space for a vehicle in the left side blind spot, etc. Maybe a 3rd-party add-on?

You
Are there any systems that allow laser projection onto the inside windshield for a heads-up display?
Copilot
Yes, there are systems that use laser projection for heads-up displays (HUDs) in vehicles. These systems often employ laser diode technology to project high-definition images directly onto the windshield. One such technology is the laser scanned-MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) projection system. This system uses laser diodes to pulse high-intensity red, green, and blue lasers, which are then directed onto a micromirror plate. The micromirror reflects and steers the laser beam to create a focused image on a translucent film attached to the windshield [1] [3].
These advanced HUDs can display key information like speed, navigation directions, and warning signals directly in the driver's line of sight, enhancing safety by reducing the need for drivers to look away from the road [1] [3].
Are you interested in learning more about how these systems work or their availability in specific car models?
Source: Conversation with Copilot, 8/30/2024
  1. Implementing Laser Scanned-MEMS Projection in Automotive Head-Up Displays
  2. Head-Up Displays: System Benefits from 2D to AR - AZoOptics
  3. Implementing Laser Scanned-MEMS Projection in Automotive Head-Up Displays
  4. What is a Heads-Up Display in a Car Windshield?
  5. MEMS Laser Scanners in Automotive Head-up Displays
Sponsored