Sponsored

Blue Oval Network specifics

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I intend to. Lots of savings there it seems.

....can't seem to get plug and charge to disable though...
Pull up to charger.
Open EA app.
Activate Charger.
Plug in.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have had a card registered with Ford charge network from day one and the connect toggle has always been grayed out. Yet I have been plug n charge with no problem.
Possibly corrupted data on your FP app?
Try clearing the temp cache, force stop, restart the app.
Then try toggling the P&C switch

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Possibly corrupted data on your FP app?
Try clearing the temp cache, force stop, restart the app.
Then try toggling the P&C switch
Never mind, I just tested P&C on my phone, back end system is down IMHO

@Ford Motor Company Please have someone fix the Ford Pass Connected Services, Plug & Charge, it's failing to take customer requests to switch on or off, time out error after three minutes waiting.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Plug & Charge system has resumed operations, must have been a server side issue!!

BTW, @Ford Motor Company you need a watch 24/7/365 live response on this service, not Monday morning or after a holiday Tuesday morning.... " we'll fix it" approach, people are traveling all the time and depend on a reliable service!!

You are now a "Service" company not just a M-F manufacturer in 2023

Ford F-150 Lightning Blue Oval Network specifics 1673970805417

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Plug & Charge system has resumed operations, must have been a server side issue!!

BTW, @Ford Motor Company you need a watch 24/7/365 live response on this service, not Monday morning or after a holiday Tuesday morning.... " we'll fix it" approach, people are traveling all the time and depend on a reliable service!!

You are now a "Service" company not just a M-F manufacturer in 2023

1673970805417.png
I have not been able to get the plug & charge controls to work on Fordpass since day1.

This morning it magically was updated in Fordpass and "enabled" plug & charge. In practice I have not tried the Ford Plug n charge yet so I don't have confirmation its working.

EvGO charge+ is confirmed working(and working well)..independent of Ford.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
EvGO charge+ is confirmed working(and working well)..independent of Ford.
Yup, I generally leave P&C off, interestingly, this past Saturday I had a big road trip, in the afternoon EA was working fine in Tewksbury Mass where I got a 10 minute boost to make my final destination, later that evening when I went to EA Wrentham Mass, the EA Plus+ app was malfunctioning, it would not activate the station I was parked at, nor would P&C switch on, I was fearing we would not make it home with 8% left.

I still tried the terminal, it allow me to charge at the public undiscounted rate without any card swipes, validations while my P&C was off, but the terminal still charged my truck to 80% while we enjoyed dinner at Cracker Barrel, later I got a FordPass notification the truck reached 80%, I headed out to unplug and minimize toll charges [32c/min] but to my pleasant surprise the whole 3 to 80 % session was complementary

Ford F-150 Lightning Blue Oval Network specifics 1673973622869

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yup, I generally leave P&C off, interestingly, this past Saturday I had a big road trip, in the afternoon EA was working fine in Tewksbury Mass where I got a 10 minute boost to make my final destination, later that evening when I went to EA Wrentham Mass, the EA Plus+ app was malfunctioning, it would not activate the station I was parked at, nor would P&C switch on, I was fearing we would not make it home with 8% left.

I still tried the terminal, it allow me to charge at the public undiscounted rate without any card swipes, validations while my P&C was off, but the terminal still charged my truck to 80% while we enjoyed dinner at Cracker Barrel, later I got a FordPass notification the truck reached 80%, I headed out to unplug and minimize toll charges [32c/min] but to my pleasant surprise the whole 3 to 80 % session was complementary

1673973622869.png
It likely displayed "Complimentary" if you had looked at the screen before plugging in.

However, I really object to your constant references to Cracker Barrel and enjoying dinner... :D

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I keep plug and charge on just in case, but typically just activate EA+ before my trips and activate the charger via the app before I plug in. I have had plug and charge work when the EA system was hosed so I was at least able to get a charge.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It likely displayed "Complimentary" if you had looked at the screen before plugging in.

However, I really object to your constant references to Cracker Barrel and enjoying dinner... :D
I never noticed it, I was more interested in getting over to the restaurant as soon as I heard the charger ramping up the the system cooler, the Mrs. was waiting for me with a reserved table, and a nice big bowl of turkey soup, was more like a stew rich and hearty went well with cornbread. :D :p:love:

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I had Plug n charge work since day one but just discovered they charged me at the EA higher rate, Im a EA+ member so it should have been at the lower rate.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had Plug n charge work since day one but just discovered they charged me at the EA higher rate, Im a EA+ member so it should have been at the lower rate.
That's why we turn P&C off at EA so that our + account rate is used instead of retail rate.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
What good is P&C good for then? If I have + Memberships with with charging networks.
As noted earlier, they tried a similar setup with P&C and Blue Oval Network and withdrew it. Allegedly Pass+ and P&C is coming.

Is there a reason nobody here seems to use the EA card in the iOS Wallet app with the NFC reader with Pass+ to activate EA chargers? It seems so much easier than activating via the EA app.

I know there is a similar ability with Android but don't know the proper name for their NFC payment protocol.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Is there a reason nobody here seems to use the EA card in the iOS Wallet app with the NFC reader with Pass+ to activate EA chargers? It seems so much easier than activating via the EA app.

I know there is a similar ability with Android but don't know the proper name for their NFC payment protocol.
Using this payment mechanism, are you still able to see the metrics of the charging session on the app while charging, is the charge session record still stored in your history? If so might be worth looking at that option on my Android.
Sponsored