• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How is this component secured?

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I had to slam on my brakes as I was cut off in traffic and this electrical component fell down and hit my left foot on the dead pedal. Can anyone take a clear picture under there to show me where and how I should secure this thing back under there?

Ford F-150 Lightning How is this component secured? PXL_20230330_142102255
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Skidrowe

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting. I hadn't considered that. Maybe they do it to ensure employees don't joyride vehicles that are there for work or to manage their inventory. If that's the case, I would assume they simply forgot to remove it when they gave my truck back. Or something more nefarious....

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Agree, that is not factory. It's the bogus add on's your dealer suckers onto people. They may or may not have charged you for it. Who knows if it is active. I'd be pulling it out if you don't have access and control to it.

OP
OP
Skidrowe

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agree, that is not factory. It's the bogus add on's your dealer suckers onto people. They may or may not have charged you for it. Who knows if it is active. I'd be pulling it out if you don't have access and control to it.
I certainly didn't pay a penny over MSRP. There was never any pressure or negotiation. Maybe they're cheap enough that they're just thrown on all vehicles upon arrival without concern for whether the dealership will be charging for it.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I certainly didn't pay a penny over MSRP. There was never any pressure or negotiation. Maybe they're cheap enough that they're just thrown on all vehicles upon arrival without concern for whether the dealership will be charging for it.

Unplug it and stow it if it's not serving you any benefit.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
This is the company that makes LoJack. Since it has an IMEI number it can be tracked so I'm guessing it's a LoJack (maybe dealer version and not consumer).

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I'm curious how that is integrated into the electrical system. These trucks are...uh... particular.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'd double check your paperwork and then have a discussion with the dealership about removing it.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I had to slam on my brakes as I was cut off in traffic and this electrical component fell down and hit my left foot on the dead pedal. Can anyone take a clear picture under there to show me where and how I should secure this thing back under there?

PXL_20230330_142102255.jpg
Wife installed tech

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm really being an ass here, but since these dealers do so many crazy things, just report it to the police that you've discovered you could be being tracked without your knowledge. The damn dealer needs to at least acknowledge what they had installed on your truck without your permission or knowledge.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I'm really being an ass here, but since these dealers do so many crazy things, just report it to the police that you've discovered you could be being tracked without your knowledge. The damn dealer needs to at least acknowledge what they had installed on your truck without your permission or knowledge.
Plus they usually install by splicing into the wires going to the OBDII connector. How well do we trust their splicing job? But as a bonus if you install an aftermarket device you have 12V and Gnd ready to go from that cable they put in o_O.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
A little research shows
All Ford Pro Vehicles Come With Factory Built In Modem. Keep Your Fleet Running Smoothly. Real-Time Fleet GPS Tracking & Geofencing. Improve Productivity With Ford Pro Telematics. Plug-In Modems 2015+ GPS Tracking. Remote Lock/Unlock. Fleet Data Services.

Seems to me this not a dealer issue. In fact if you own a Pro its probaly in the truck but perhaps not activated. From the picture it does no appear to be an after manufacture installation. I would guess there is a subscrption associated with its operation. Just unpplug and see if you hear sirens coming for you. Lojack would probably be cheaper alternaive as theft protection.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
A little research shows
All Ford Pro Vehicles Come With Factory Built In Modem. Keep Your Fleet Running Smoothly. Real-Time Fleet GPS Tracking & Geofencing. Improve Productivity With Ford Pro Telematics. Plug-In Modems 2015+ GPS Tracking. Remote Lock/Unlock. Fleet Data Services.

Seems to me this not a dealer issue. In fact if you own a Pro its probaly in the truck but perhaps not activated. From the picture it does no appear to be an after manufacture installation. I would guess there is a subscrption associated with its operation. Just unpplug and see if you hear sirens coming for you. Lojack would probably be cheaper alternaive as theft protection.
Correct. However, this is not the modem you're describing. It is very much a non-factory installed aftermarket part.

The OP's profile states he has an ER, and I see carpet...so definitely not a Pro.
Sponsored