Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Excellent video! Thanks for putting it together. So did you have to buy the mounting bolts for the radar separately, or do they come with the unit?
You have to order them separately, and they're like $8 a piece for some unknown reason.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Thanks for all the info. everyone.

I ordered a basic trim tool set, will verify I have the wires needed for my 22 XLT; if so, I'll buy parts and be another test subject. ACC is the only feature I wanted to make the car "complete".

Taking it in for maintenance check before though; I've had air dam fault error pop up a few times and need a tire rotation.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Excellent video! Thanks for putting it together. So did you have to buy the mounting bolts for the radar separately, or do they come with the unit?
You have to buy them, and they are ridiculous price :(. If you have an ace hardware close, just get them from the hardware store.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
What options do you have for your Pro? Mine had them also, just trying to see if there's any rhyme or reason to how they're wired.
Basically everything. Max tow, tow tech and pro power. Plus a couple minor ones but I doubt the step or bedliner had anything to do with it. Haha. Build date was 11/2/2022.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Basically everything. Max tow, tow tech and pro power. Plus a couple minor ones but I doubt the step or bedliner had anything to do with it. Haha. Build date was 11/2/2022.
Gotcha. Sounds the same as mine. I guess either max tow or pro power might add the wires in, certainly makes it an easier install

spadesaspade

First Name
Spadeit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning, Hyundai Sonata
I saw your videos and realized you have the 360 cameras too. I have the same options other than cameras and build date is a couple of weeks after yours. Would this work without the extra front facing cameras?

Last edited:

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I saw your videos and realized you have the 360 cameras too. I have the same options other than cameras and build date is a couple of weeks after yours. Would this work without the extra front facing cameras?
I assume you still have the camera by the mirror which is what the CCM is tied to.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I assume you still have the camera by the mirror which is what the CCM is tied to.
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the round sensors on the bumper. Those are ultrasonic sensors I believe. These are part of the tow tech package, used to make the 360 view. I'm on the same boat as him. Wondering if ACC/LKA needs those sensors to function.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the round sensors on the bumper. Those are ultrasonic sensors I believe. These are part of the tow tech package, used to make the 360 view. I'm on the same boat as him. Wondering if ACC/LKA needs those sensors to function.
I had figured that's what he meant but when going through the coding process on FORScan you essentially copy the reading for the IPMA which is the camera mounted on the windshield and paste it over to the ACC radar module. As trucks without the ultrasonic sensors still have Forward Collision Assist/Auto Emergency Braking it is likely the ACC/LKA could work... I think you'd just still have to verify the harness on the interior or take the frunk out and look at the bumper connection, which would only realy take 20 min or so.

Sponsored

spadesaspade

First Name
Spadeit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning, Hyundai Sonata
I had figured that's what he meant but when going through the coding process on FORScan you essentially copy the reading for the IPMA which is the camera mounted on the windshield and paste it over to the ACC radar module. As trucks without the ultrasonic sensors still have Forward Collision Assist/Auto Emergency Braking it is likely the ACC/LKA could work... I think you'd just still have to verify the harness on the interior or take the frunk out and look at the bumper connection, which would only realy take 20 min or so.
Thanks, I'll take a look.

My truck has the winsdshield camer only. It does have lane keep assist and emergency braking using that one camera. No untrasonic sensors or window mounted/grill mounted cameras.

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
Thanks, I'll take a look.

My truck has the winsdshield camer only. It does have lane keep assist and emergency braking using that one camera. No untrasonic sensors or window mounted/grill mounted cameras.
I look forward to hearing the first success story of getting ACC to work on a stock (zero-optioned) Pro model. :) Before I go and get my hopes up...

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just checked my IPMA connector and it's missing the four wires (pins 9, 18, 19, 20).
@KurtsRPMGarage, in your video you say that without these 4 wires in the IPMA connector, this mod is not possible. But couldn't I just add the 4 wires to the IPMA connector and go straight to the CCM or the C134 and just bypass the C265?

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 20230612_215936

Last edited:

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Just checked my IPMA connector and it's missing the four wires (pins 9, 18, 19, 20).
@KurtsRPMGarage, in your video you say that without these 4 wires in the IPMA connector, this mod is not possible. But couldn't I just add the 4 wires to the IPMA connector and go straight to the CCM or the C134 and just bypass the C265?

20230612_215936.jpg
Yes not impossible I was just unaware. Over on the ice forums it sounds like some of those guys have dealt with this. Just like you said it sounds like you can run a custom harness straight to the CCM. That’s according to Superfordman here Link. This is all assuming you have all the hardware. Does your truck have the 360 cameras and ultrasonic front sensors. I believe those are a requirement. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes not impossible I was just unaware. Over on the ice forums it sounds like some of those guys have dealt with this. Just like you said it sounds like you can run a custom harness straight to the CCM. That’s according to Superfordman here Link. This is all assuming you have all the hardware. Does your truck have the 360 cameras and ultrasonic front sensors. I believe those are a requirement. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Thank you! just checked out portions of that thread and Superfordman confirmed that the 360 IPMA is not needed for ACC. He was able to add ACC on a truck that only had reverse camera (basic IPMA). Sounds like all I have to do is make my own 4-wire harness from IPMA to CCM, which means I don't even have to replace the bumper harness. I'll just get the CCM pigtail and splice/extend the wires all the way to the IPMA. Does anyone have a part number for the CCM pigtail?

The other thing I'm wondering is whether the LKA feature alone can be added with just Forscan changes? From what I understand, LKA does not actually use the CCM, but rather relies only on the windshield sensor. Am I wrong? What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Last edited: