• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android auto making outgoing calls not working

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Last follow up with Ford, Sync team expects a solution with a future update. The CS rep said to expect one by the end of March, she made it seem like that may resolve the issue but I'm not sure that's 100% true. I guess we'll see what we get later this month. In the meantime, switching from a 21 to a 23+ certainly has been better. My 21 had Bluetooth issues with multiple things, now it seems a lot better without having an issue in the last few days.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm not an amazonian customer, so you're saying my XM/Sirius is the root problem in my use case?
I know this is a couple months late, but it isn't XM that is causing the issue. I have the Android Auto call issue in my Pro (which, thankfully, doesn't have XM equipped).

Aschool

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Electrical Industry
Has anyone had any success with this one? It has now gotten to the point where I can make two, even sometimes three attempts before being able to hear the dial tone. So frustrated because aside from this issue, Android Auto has been great.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Has anyone had any success with this one? It has now gotten to the point where I can make two, even sometimes three attempts before being able to hear the dial tone. So frustrated because aside from this issue, Android Auto has been great.
My solution has been to either call while walking to my truck, or turning off the phone Bluetooth and wireless and using speakerphone while not connected to the truck. Not the best options.

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Still waiting for a fix @Ford Motor Company . This is getting really annoying. Every first call I make in the truck has this issue. How they missed this very basic thing in QA testing baffles me!

Sponsored

Amadj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet
Still waiting for a fix on this......has anyone been able to fix it?

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Still waiting for a fix on this......has anyone been able to fix it?
Any call of any reasonable duration in my Pro ends up with audio issues. The most common is suddenly not being able to hear the other party, but they can continue to hear me. Switching (on the phone) to speakerphone and back to BT will allow me to hear them again.

Second most common is audio distortion when the system gets overloaded like when it needs to play a new sound or switches apps. This is very common and not just audio for calls.

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
just adding on so ford does something about this. i too am currenly having this AA issue with incoming and out going calls

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Turn off WiFi on your phone.

I've been having issues as it's trying to connect to the internet instead of using data.

Android auto was trashed at the last update too, the map blocks the top half of the screen for no good reason.

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
There still no fix for this bad functional defect to basic phone operation via the in car infotainment system. It is clearly a Ford problem, not a AA problem. I use AA in a variety of cars and only in my Lightning and Mach E do we have this problem.

Google is sloppy as hell with their testing, and Android Auto is wildly inconsistent from release to release. But this basic ability to make an outbound call using the in car system is terrible,

FWIW, this has zero to do with Sirius, wifi, or any other bigfoot/space alien issue. Its some kind of audio handoff problem with how Ford implements bluetooth control of audio channels in its current Sync implementation. It also has zero to do with the kind of car, ie, Pro vs Lariat, etc. Happens identically in our Mach E......

I love the Lightning, but I dread using it some days, as I need the time in the car to make phone calls, and I just can't.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
just adding on so ford does something about this. i too am currenly having this AA issue with incoming and out going calls
Hey there. I can look into your Lightning’s Android Auto concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just chiming in to save I have the exact same issue using both AA and just connected via bluetooth without AA. Doesn't matter if I am plugged in or not. Takes 3 to 4 attempts to get a call going.

96161Lightning

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen ID.4, 2022 Lighnting Lariat ER
Any call of any reasonable duration in my Pro ends up with audio issues. The most common is suddenly not being able to hear the other party, but they can continue to hear me. Switching (on the phone) to speakerphone and back to BT will allow me to hear them again.

Second most common is audio distortion when the system gets overloaded like when it needs to play a new sound or switches apps. This is very common and not just audio for calls.
I'm having similar issues, most commonly losing ability to hear the other party and having to toggle Bluetooth on and off, especially when I initiate the call. Also if I am on a call before I get into the vehicle and then start up, the connection typically works and the call transfers, but then after 30-60 seconds I lose ability to hear the other party and have to toggle.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
This isn't just an AA issue. I have the same thing with my iPhone. Make or receive a call and after a few seconds, I can't hear the other party. I have to put the phone on speaker than choose the F150 option again to hear it through the truck speakers. @Ford Motor Company this isn't an individual issue, it's a Ford software issue. Would be great if you could look into the solution and provide us with feedback. Thanks.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
Chiming in here also to say I have the same problem, very annoying and inconsistent. I'm a contractor so I'm very frequently on my phone in my truck throughout the day. Hoping for a solution soon...
Sponsored