• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android auto making outgoing calls not working

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
I'm having similar issues, most commonly losing ability to hear the other party and having to toggle Bluetooth on and off, especially when I initiate the call. Also if I am on a call before I get into the vehicle and then start up, the connection typically works and the call transfers, but then after 30-60 seconds I lose ability to hear the other party and have to toggle.
Thanks for adding this, I was beginning to wonder if it was just my truck.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This isn't just an AA issue. I have the same thing with my iPhone. Make or receive a call and after a few seconds, I can't hear the other party. I have to put the phone on speaker than choose the F150 option again to hear it through the truck speakers. @Ford Motor Company this isn't an individual issue, it's a Ford software issue. Would be great if you could look into the solution and provide us with feedback. Thanks.
Hello, Peter! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

Jonny Hotnuts

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Forrd
I have 390 miles on my newly purchased 2023.

Same issue with no audio on outgoing calls. (They can hear me, but I can not hear them.) This happened even before the truck was driven off the lot. This has caused me some serious issues in being able to communicate with my employees and while nothing yet has been an emergency or operationally critical; that's coming.

---The issue is not just with calls.

I have to review Word documents via TTS on the Word app 'Microsoft 365' as I drive to work and throughout the day. (*You can see the highlight box moving over the text but no audio.) The 'workaround' is to open a video on youtube and play a few seconds of the video . . . then . . . like magic, if you restart the 'Read Aloud' text-to-speech on Word, it works. And works fine until you shut off the truck and are then forced to go through the BS workaround all over again, which can be 20 times a day for me.

This is my first Ford after making the switch from Toyota (14 Tundras since 2000), and while not perfect, never had to deal with basic integration issues. I have also verified the issue is not present on vehicles from other manufacturers.

People have been discussing the Bluetooth handshake issue with AA and Ford since 2020.

Very frustrating and disappointing. It's only a matter of time until this creates a serious problem for me or one of my employees.

~JH

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have 390 miles on my newly purchased 2023.

Same issue with no audio on outgoing calls. (They can hear me, but I can not hear them.) This happened even before the truck was driven off the lot. This has caused me some serious issues in being able to communicate with my employees and while nothing yet has been an emergency or operationally critical; that's coming.

---The issue is not just with calls.

I have to review Word documents via TTS on the Word app 'Microsoft 365' as I drive to work and throughout the day. (*You can see the highlight box moving over the text but no audio.) The 'workaround' is to open a video on youtube and play a few seconds of the video . . . then . . . like magic, if you restart the 'Read Aloud' text-to-speech on Word, it works. And works fine until you shut off the truck and are then forced to go through the BS workaround all over again, which can be 20 times a day for me.

This is my first Ford after making the switch from Toyota (14 Tundras since 2000), and while not perfect, never had to deal with basic integration issues. I have also verified the issue is not present on vehicles from other manufacturers.

People have been discussing the Bluetooth handshake issue with AA and Ford since 2020.

Very frustrating and disappointing. It's only a matter of time until this creates a serious problem for me or one of my employees.

~JH
Good morning, Chris! I would be glad to help you out with these audio concerns if you'd like. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

Sponsored

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I never had this problem until about a month ago. I'm not aware of any changes. Same phone, haven't adjusted any Bluetooth or AA settings. Now it's seamingly any call I make that lasts over a few minutes. The call will just cut out. They can hear me just fine and I can't hear them. My solution is to turn off Bluetooth so there goes to speakerphone. But then when I turn Bluetooth back on, it won't reconnect until I restart the car.

I've always had a connection issue where if Bluetooth is connected and I walk away from the truck running, Bluetooth won't reconnect when I get back to the truck. Fixing it involves shutting the vehicle off and turn it back on. This happened a lot when someone's in the truck so I leave it running while I go into a store. Bluetooth wont reconnect when I return. I'm using a Samsung

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
I never had this problem until about a month ago. I'm not aware of any changes. Same phone, haven't adjusted any Bluetooth or AA settings. Now it's seamingly any call I make that lasts over a few minutes. The call will just cut out. They can hear me just fine and I can't hear them. My solution is to turn off Bluetooth so there goes to speakerphone. But then when I turn Bluetooth back on, it won't reconnect until I restart the car.

I've always had a connection issue where if Bluetooth is connected and I walk away from the truck running, Bluetooth won't reconnect when I get back to the truck. Fixing it involves shutting the vehicle off and turn it back on. This happened a lot when someone's in the truck so I leave it running while I go into a store. Bluetooth wont reconnect when I return. I'm using a Samsung
Try switching to speakerphone and back to BT directly without actually turning BT off. (If that makes sense.)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
22k miles and mine does this all the time. I have to switch between Bluetooth and handset on 80% of calls

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Any update on this @Ford Motor Company ? I may be just making more calls these days, but I feel like this has gotten lot worse lately. Now people are making fun of Ford/Truck for such a basic failure. BTW, I don't understand why you are asking for a DM with VIN to "look in to this". It is obvious that it is not truck specific and affects everyone. May be not, so I will DM with VIN.

Reactions: tls

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Any update on this @Ford Motor Company ?
They don't respond to inquiries publicly, if the release notes in recent Fordpass and AA updates were more descriptive we might have an answer!!

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
22k miles and mine does this all the time. I have to switch between Bluetooth and handset on 80% of calls
Since replacing my Pixel 4 with a Pixel 6 this problem has become much more...reliable.

Now, if I dial by touching the truck screen, or by using Ford's speech recognition, everything is fine; if I initiate the call from the phone, on the other hand, whether with Google Assistant or by dialing on the phone screen, the people I call can hear me but I can never hear them.

I can reproduce this issue 100% of the time. I'm sure at this point Ford can too. I too, though, after a few go-rounds about severe app bugs early in my ownership of the truck, am not interested in wasting my time or my dealer's time by making a service appointment for a frustrated tech to scratch his head and not be able to do anything about what is clearly a Ford software bug some engineer in Michigan is going to have to resolve.

Amadj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet
We are now in September and I am up to date on my software updates. The issue is still there and super annoying. Not only that it's dangerous because I'm always toggling while driving. Please come up with a fix.

jaredbaszler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Just a comment to say that I have this same problem on my 2023 Bronco and it's extremely frustrating. I'm posting here in hopes a solution will get posted at some point.

In my case it's usually only outgoing calls that have no audio or microphone and it's pretty intermittent. Seems to work better if I initiate the call from phone but that's not fool proof either.

Let's just say in this day and age, we shouldn't be having these kinds of problems for amount of money we all pay for our vehicles.

Amadj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet
Just a comment to say that I have this same problem on my 2023 Bronco and it's extremely frustrating. I'm posting here in hopes a solution will get posted at some point.

In my case it's usually only outgoing calls that have no audio or microphone and it's pretty intermittent. Seems to work better if I initiate the call from phone but that's not fool proof either.

Let's just say in this day and age, we shouldn't be having these kinds of problems for amount of money we all pay for our vehicles.
If you toggle between Bluetooth and speaker phone it should fix the issue on that call. That being said it's super annoying and I find it downright dangerous that I have to toggle all the time in the middle of driving.

They need to find a fix for this!
Sponsored