• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is your PAAK reliable?

Is your PAAK reliable?

• Yes - I rely on it daily and don't carry a fob

Votes: 63 53.4%
  • Yes - I rely on it daily but carry my fob as a backup

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Yes - reliable, but it has failed once or twice and I used the door code or app or fob as a backup

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • No - I use it, but often have to resort to the door code, app or fob as a backup

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • No - I tried using it and it has left me stranded I don't trust it or use it anymore

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • My opinion doesn't count as my truck doesn't have PAAK

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • My truck doesn't have PAAK but I would add it if I could

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thought a poll might bring problems to the front, or solidify from a majority that this is a solid feature. Personally mine has been almost perfect since I got it set up. One failure was my fault for turning bluetooth off on my phone, but that is not a PAAK or Ford issue. I love the feature and one that I missed most from Tesla until the SW finally made it to my '22 Lariat
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I don't carry the fob. It's only failed once on me in 9 months, or so, I guess. I forgot my code so I had to take my GFs car home to get my fob. I still haven't reset the code...oops. Hopefully it doesn't fail on me when I don't have access to the fob. Maybe I'll go reset it now...

• Love
Reactions: GDN

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I forgot my code so I had to take my GFs car home to get my fob. I still haven't reset the code...oops.
Record the PW in your phones notes app.........

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
It only failed once. It was just after the last recent update. They were supposedly going to “activate my PAAK”. Ironically I have been using PAAK for six months since my first day owning the truck without a hitch. For some reason I don’t understand, I had to shut down my iPhone, then turn my iPhone back on and it worked. it has worked both before and since without any problem. The other interesting thing that happened is at the exact same time I had to reset all of my radio stations to my selected channels. All of them except the SiriusXM “buttons” had changed and some were on no station at all.
Very strange…

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Anyone that relies on PaaK will be calling an Uber or a friend at some point. It is unreliable, mostly driven by too many phone models that behave differently, and then OS updates.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I’ve had it fail a few times however I was able to get it straightened out. It primarily failed when switching between my wife’s MME and my Lightning. Very frustrating until I found that walking away from the truck out of Bluetooth range and restarting the app generally works. Restarting the phone was the backup if it really got hung up.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
When I got my '23 Lariat ER back in December, PAAK didn't work. Somewhere in late Feb or early March, I got a notice in my FordPass app about PAAK being made better or more reliable or something like that and then it just magically started working without me having to change or update anything on the truck. Since then I've been able to use it 100%. Worst case, I have my door code and my startup code in the truck.

I'll bring a fob if I'm going on a longer road trip but for normal daily around town stuff, I just use my phone. I'm used to it and have streamlined the rest of my life to not need keys most of the time since getting PAAK on our Model Y 3 years ago.

Of course there's still the key for the internal locks and I keep them with the fobs. The large physical key just stays at home, if I end up in a situation where that is needed, I probably need a tow anyway.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I had been using PaaK exclusively for a while - and after eliminating every other key from my daily carry, very much enjoying the key-free lifestyle.

However last week I got a notice from the truck that I was getting the PaaK update AGAIN. Afterwards, I've had it fail 3 times. It only worked successfully after I "remote" started the truck with the app. I hope it's not a trend.

• Sad

Sponsored

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I was using it at first then it stopped working. It would never let me set a pass code. I think my other Bluetooth devices mess up the connection. Like my fitbit or earbuds.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Or...we just use the password if that ever happens.
I also keep one of the fobs in the truck in a Faraday bag. It’s my backup in case the password fails plus I now have a fob handy to give to the dealer if it needs service or towed.

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
I've had very few issues - and none that have left me stranded. I still carry the key often because when I'm going somewhere I tend to need a key for a building or the tonneau cover/roof rack.

Once or twice it has decided there was no key present after unlocking, so I've used the password. Minor frustration but the thing's been pretty good.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I have PAAK. Don't trust it so I don't use it.
Sponsored