• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Good info from @bmwhitetx ! This is what I've used for all my FDRS updates.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Figured I'd post this here, too, since the ICE and EV trucks seem to be synced up with updates now:

A member of f150forum recently installed the latest APIM update that gives you Sync 23237 on his truck with FDRS. As soon as he did, a TCU update popped up, which he did, as well. After talking to Jesse, this TCU update is new for our trucks and is in line with the software in the latest TCU update for the Mach E. We can expect a new OTA for the TCU to be released for fully updated trucks sooner than later. For now, it is to be considered FDRS only. No truck owner has reported this in the form of an OTA as of yet.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Figured I'd post this here, too, since the ICE and EV trucks seem to be synced up with updates now:

A member of f150forum recently installed the latest APIM update that gives you Sync 23237 on his truck with FDRS. As soon as he did, a TCU update popped up, which he did, as well. After talking to Jesse, this TCU update is new for our trucks and is in line with the software in the latest TCU update for the Mach E. We can expect a new OTA for the TCU to be released for fully updated trucks sooner than later. For now, it is to be considered FDRS only. No truck owner has reported this in the form of an OTA as of yet.
I am expecting a TCU update next Wednesday...I'll let you know.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
@Mike G
2 things

- I did the becm update - does anything happen(notification) or is it on the back end for Ford to see if I have a bad module?

- did APIM update - took about 1.5 hours - is this about average/normal? Decent PC and good internet & WiFi speeds.

Thanks

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Mike G
2 things

- I did the becm update - does anything happen(notification) or is it on the back end for Ford to see if I have a bad module?

- did APIM update - took about 1.5 hours - is this about average/normal? Decent PC and good internet & WiFi speeds.

Thanks
1) If you didn't get a message in FP or on the IPC after updating the powertrain modules (incl BECM) I guess your battery cells are within tolerance and you've dodged the bullet. :p I think I said somewhere on another post that if somebody was going to take it to the shop to have this done they might think about cleaning out the center console and the back of the truck just in case the BECM shoots up a star cluster right after it's updated and the truck then has to sit at the dealer until the replacement cell(s) come in. I also think this whole issue is a bigger problem for very late summer '22 builds and all '23 models. I think that most of us with Mar-Jun '22 builds have nothing to worry about. That's just my own personal opinion.

2) that APIM update was 6GB and took a longish time to download but even longer than expected to copy over and update from the USB drive once it was inserted. I actually thought something might be wrong for a few minutes but then it popped up finally and said to shut down and leave the door open for 10 minutes. I've only seen one APIM update larger than that one previously, so it was substantial.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
@Mike G
2 things

If you've got FDRS - after the update or somewhere it populates the actual data about all of the battery modules. You might be able to load up FDRS and pull up that update or poke around in screens to find your actual data. However as @Mike G notes too - if your truck didn't flash messages and say take me to the dealer, then you are likely OK.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you've got FDRS - after the update or somewhere it populates the actual data about all of the battery modules. You might be able to load up FDRS and pull up that update or poke around in screens to find your actual data. However as @Mike G notes too - if your truck didn't flash messages and say take me to the dealer, then you are likely OK.
It’s the battery health test in FDRS.

Reactions: GDN

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
1) If you didn't get a message in FP or on the IPC after updating the powertrain modules (incl BECM) I guess your battery cells are within tolerance and you've dodged the bullet. :p I think I said somewhere on another post that if somebody was going to take it to the shop to have this done they might think about cleaning out the center console and the back of the truck just in case the BECM shoots up a star cluster right after it's updated and the truck then has to sit at the dealer until the replacement cell(s) come in. I also think this whole issue is a bigger problem for very late summer '22 builds and all '23 models. I think that most of us with Mar-Jun '22 builds have nothing to worry about. That's just my own personal opinion.

2) that APIM update was 6GB and took a longish time to download but even longer than expected to copy over and update from the USB drive once it was inserted. I actually thought something might be wrong for a few minutes but then it popped up finally and said to shut down and leave the door open for 10 minutes. I've only seen one APIM update larger than that one previously, so it was substantial.
Mine was a 5/24/2022 blend date and required modules 2 and 5 to be replaced (at the same time).

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Mine was a 5/24/2022 blend date and required modules 2 and 5 to be replaced (at the same time).
This was my blend date as well. SW update completed and no issues so far.

This is also the day of or the day after the factory went into melt down and trucks quit moving for several weeks.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New FDRS release 38.5.4 out yesterday afternoon. Installed without issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GSB 23-7146 was posted to the MME forum thread today by one of our outstanding smart folks and it concerns how to determine what the most current version of Sync 4 is for various platforms.

Here's the link.

And here's a link to bookmark so you can keep track of the chart and view the changes every now and then. I have no idea how often this gets updated.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
GSB 23-7146 was posted to the MME forum thread today by one of our outstanding smart folks and it concerns how to determine what the most current version of Sync 4 is for various platforms.

Here's the link.

And here's a link to bookmark so you can keep track of the chart and view the changes every now and then. I have no idea how often this gets updated.
That is really good stuff. I'll share it with the ICE guys and add it to the OTA history thread.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
my battery health test?
IMG_0228.jpeg
Yup. Looks like there's no issues deviation-wise. Your truck probably would have reported you to the Ministry of Magic by now if there had been a problem.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They must have found some problem with FDRS 38.5.4...cause now 38.5.5 showed up as available this morning. But no new updates for my 22 Lightning this week.
Sponsored